The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang up 50k in 4 years would have been nice...not sure I've ever experienced that in the 3 houses I've owned during that time

I try not to sweat it cause buyers haven't typically paid near what the "value" is which negates any appreciation I've seen

Dang up 50k in 4 years would have been nice...not sure I've ever experienced that in the 3 houses I've owned during that time

Ohio.

LOL.

My house has gone up nearly 18k in the last two years. Whether I could get that out of it is an entirely different story.

I made 40k on my last house. I think I would make about 80 to 90 if I invested another 5-10k in my current house. Probably at least 60 if I sold it today.

Wouldn't breaking even be the same thing as paying rent n your own house essentially?:beat-up:

No. You get that money back when you sell (mimus interest, repairs, insurance) If you rent, you walk away with nothing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

My house is up 50k in the last 4 years. Still upside down though. Love Arizona!

My house is up 50k in the last 4 years. Still upside down though. Love Arizona!

How do you get upside down after it has appreciated 50k

After shopping for houses for the past week here I can see why. The pricing on new construction here is absolutely ridiculous.

Bigger than a 50k drop before the last four years.

Bought it in 05-07 I bet. 07-10 were brutal.

We have houses here that went up 100k in the past two years, and the owners are still upside down.

We have houses here that went up 100k in the past two years, and the owners are still upside down.

Damn that sucks. We were lucky here in Iowa, the market was pretty much unaffected.

Bought in 2005 for 191. Dropped as low as 111.

After shopping for houses for the past week here I can see why. The pricing on new construction here is absolutely ridiculous.

Are you still looking in Prescott area?

Are you still looking in Prescott area?

Yes but Prescott Valley mostly. Not really a fan of Prescott it's a lot older and unless you can afford a 500k house you can't find anything in a nice community.

Three words: Home Equity Loan.

Some people treated their home like it was an ATM. Home goes up 50k, pull out 40k worth of equity and go nuts spending. Market drops 50k. Uh oh.

Damn, hopefully it gets back to where it was.

I still can't get over the pricing of new construction here.

My neighborhood held up better than most in Surprise. Luckily I bought it to live in so we're not too concerned.

The Official Banter Away Thread

Some people treated their home like it was an ATM. Home goes up 50k, pull out 40k worth of equity and go nuts spending. Market drops 50k. Uh oh.

Nope. We just bought in an area that was hit harder then most. Luckily most of the houses remained occupied so were improving quickly.

We had a seller that bought theirs for 220, and owes 470!!! Ouch, worst part is that is AFTER restructuring with some relief Can you say short sale.

Nope. We just bought in an area that was hit harder then most. Luckily most of the houses remained occupied so were improving quickly.

I was just using an example of how someone can go upside down 50k that quick. You live in AZ. I feel your pain haha

I was just using an example of how someone can go upside down 50k that quick. You live in AZ. I feel your pain haha

Last house in our subdivision sold for about 250k. His drop was equal to mine.

This is another reason I am leery of moving down here. Especially for the cost of a house here.

We had a seller that bought theirs for 220, and owes 470!!! Ouch, worst part is that is AFTER restructuring with some relief Can you say short sale.

Short sale, yes. I can also say Promissory Note and 1099 form too.

I can't speak for Prescott Valley. My parents have 10 acres up there that was worth a lot before the bust and now is still depressed in value. Some areas are better than others, if you were looking in the Phoenix Metro area, there are some great areas in Gilbert/Chandler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back