deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
So was in Academy today looking around and they were having good deals on golf balls (TM Rocketballz for $9.99 a dozen). Noticed the Polara ball was on clearance at 50% off. Was tempted to buy a dozen and play them at our scramble on Monday to mess with my friends heads (hey, look how great my drives are lately!) but decided I didn't want to be tempted into using them as a crutch. If my driving is off, I want to fix my technique and not rely on a ball to self-correct mid-flight.

But I am still curious ... Anyone game these and do they truly work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So was in Academy today looking around and they were having good deals on golf balls (TM Rocketballz for $9.99 a dozen). Noticed the Polara ball was on clearance at 50% off. Was tempted to buy a dozen and play them at our scramble on Monday to mess with my friends heads (hey, look how great my drives are lately!) but decided I didn't want to be tempted into using them as a crutch. If my driving is off, I want to fix my technique and not rely on a ball to self-correct mid-flight.

I tested these for THP and yes they absolutely work. Its the strangest looking flight you have ever seen, buy they go straight as an arrow.

There have been a couple forum testings a few years ago. The short story is yes they straighten your ball flight out.

There was a forum testing a few years back and they are non-conforming but they really do work. It's pretty cool to see. Just have to make sure you hit the ball with it facing in the correct direction.

I tested these for THP and yes they absolutely work. Its the strangest looking flight you have ever seen, buy they go straight as an arrow.

Hrm ... For $15 I may just have to go grab a dozen just to see it.

I am shocked reading this. I'll just scrape my jaw up off the floor.

I found one of these in the right rough a few months back and my buddies were all laughing about how some poor sap fell for this gimmick then came out here a sliced this puppy into the crap and lost it. He must have REALLY sliced this one lol.

Anyway I still have it and now I'm going to give it to a friend that has a really bad(almost unplayable) slice.

I found one of these in the right rough a few months back and my buddies were all laughing about how some poor sap fell for this gimmick then came out here a sliced this puppy into the crap and lost it. He must have REALLY sliced this one lol.

Anyway I still have it and now I'm going to give it to a friend that has a really bad(almost unplayable) slice.

There is a an indicator on the ball that needs to be face forward for the ball to "correct". Pretty much only works off the tee. Plays like a normal ball from anywhere else.

There is a an indicator on the ball that needs to be face forward for the ball to "correct". Pretty much only works off the tee. Plays like a normal ball from anywhere else.

Well that's just perfect because he really only has that issue off the tee. The rest of the hole he just tops and skulls it 50 yards at a time. Amazingly he still has fun. It's actually kinda weird because he is such a gifted athlete but his golf game is just faulty. I actually just bought him a lesson for his birthday because I was there just two years ago.

I found them to go really straight but they launched really low for me and I lost a lot of distance

I was one of the testers and as I remember there was a trade off in distance but they did go straight. As they say, straight and short in the fairway trumps crooked and long in the woods.

Took these to the course yesterday. Played it on one hole. Teed up my e6 first and hit my straightest drive of the day. Then hit the Polara. It did fly straight but felt like I had teed up a rock and it was at least 30 yards shorter. I need to really whack one to try to get some slice-action going to see this thing autocorrect, but it sounds awful off my driver face.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

They absolutely work. I think that Polara has extra distance versus absolute straight. You can still slice the extra distance pretty good with a bad swing but it's hard to get the straights to do anything other than go straight. I keep two in my bag for when I'm having a crappy day with my driver and have plunked two or three into the woods/water. They are non conforming so I wouldn't use them on a rated game or anything with money on it but when I feel like I should stop torturing myself (i.e. when I'm about to say eff it and drive to the 19th hole), I have pulled them out.

Interestingly, they have some decent green control if you're lucky enough to have it land with the travel line perpendicular to the green on approach.

P.S. I always bring up Polara when people say the ball doesn't matter. If the ball doesn't matter, why do Polaras work and why are they non-conforming?

I found one on the range a few mo. ago i tried to put a big hook on it while it hooked some what it was much improved from what it should have been

Back