Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either, 148 yd par three to 5 ft for bird. Or hole a 35 yd pitch for birdie on a par 5. I take the latter. Good day.

Can't really decide today..

I had a (8m) chip in on the 9th for eagle. Had an approach on the 12th (233m) from the rough right at the pin that went further then I had imagined, left me 12m to the pin (thought I'd have 40-ish left) and a two-put for birdie.
Also had a 40m pitch after a terrible approach. From the ladies tee, over a fence, over a bunker with the flag maybe 4,5m from the edge of said bunker. Put it inside of a meter (3 feet) for birdie.

I hit the freaking pin. First hole at Bethpage green, hit my drive middle fairway, left me with a short 52* pitch. Ball goes up at lands right at the hole and smacks into the base of the pin and rolls away. Settled for par with a two-putt.

Another great shot I had was the par 5 ninth. Hit one in the left rough, good distance off the tee. Green is tucked behind a dogleg and trees and I had no choice but to layup back on the FW. Took out the SpeedBlade 6i I am messing around with and hit a rare clean iron shot. Ball goes up and starts to draw into the dogleg. I hit the ball around the trees (impossible if I tried) and lands beautifully for my third shot.

Chip in for bird on 10. Approach on 14 requiring a fade around tree to 6 ft

I had 195 from the right rough and needed to fade it around some trees all while keeping it out of the water that was short and right of the green. Probably not the smartest choice, but I tend to fade my 3 wood anyway, so I thought why not. I over cut it just a touch, but it stayed on the back right portion of the green. Anytime I can hit a green with a 3 wood is a good shot for me!

First hole at my home course, 300 yd par four always plays into the prevailing wind. Played there for thirty five years, NEVER drove that beast, today, however, pretty draw, one hop five yards short, a left kick off the false front ridge in green, six footer for a deuce!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No birds to be found today, but I had a great 10 foot putt to save par after a flubbed chip.

Best Shot Of Your Round

My best shot is one I literally have no idea how it happened. Par 5, dogleg left. Good drive and second shot left me 128 out in the fairway. The green is surrounded by trees, including two massive ones to the left. I take my 9i and proceed to pull it left, right at and looking like over those trees. I couldn't see through the foliage and never saw the ball land. I figured it had gone into the woods behind the green. As I drive up to the green I see a ball near the pin. I figured it was my playing partner's until I see him still on the fairway hitting. Perplexed I walk up to the ball and it's mine.

ypu9y9u7.jpg

I have no clue how it got there. Nobody heard it hit the tree but it had to have. Reminded me of those Traveller's commercials with the dog getting all the bad shots and dropping them.

And of course I miss the birdie putt, but do tap in for par.

Best shot of my round was a bladed wedge off a rock face rolled to two feet, saved par, not best but luckiest for sure...

Using Tapatalk

Hit a 75 yard wedge shot out of a nasty divot to 10 feet today...then made the birdie putt!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I hit a couple useful little "stinger" 8-irons this afternoon. One was from about 100 yards, the other from about 125. I was in the tree line on both shots and had to flight the ball low. Both came out nicely, landed short of the green and rolled on to within eight feet. I was impressed with both.

(If you read my recap from today's round, you know whether I made the putt...)

Chip in for bird on 10. Approach on 14 requiring a fade around tree to 6 ft

Those were outstanding shots! Was really excited for you on that chip in. You almost had another one drop too. Great day to watch some good shots.

I hit a terrible bladed chip shot today that went across the green and left me with a 60' double-breaking downhill putt from the fringe. I drained it for the par!

I hit a terrible bladed chip shot today that went across the green and left me with a 60' double-breaking downhill putt from the fringe. I drained it for the par!

Did the exact same thing yesterday except I rolled off the back. Decided to try my luck at chipping it back and it lipped out! Would of been awesome

Best Shot Of Your Round

305 yard Par 4. My drive ended up 30 yards past the hole. Moderate wind, but pretty hard ground all over the course. Oh...and this was yesterday.

Last edited:
305 yard Par 4. My drive ended up 30 yards past the hole. Moderate wind, but pretty hard ground all over the course. Oh...and this was yesterday.

335 ish! Nice

335 ish! Nice

It wash kind of weird :) the worst part is that the group ahead had barely left the green.

I had a wonderful day driving, a couple of 300's but I suspect it was the concrete hard areas that just bounced the ball on and on :)

It wash kind of weird :) the worst part is that the group ahead had barely left the green.

I had a wonderful day driving, a couple of 300's but I suspect it was the concrete hard areas that just bounced the ball on and on :)

Take them however they come buddy :)

So I usually dont have a supreme awesome shot during my round. However every once in awhile, I hit a great shot that amazed me.

Long par 4, 1st hole,hit my driver just off the fairway to the right. Im 153 out and a nice bjndle of tree are between me and the green. Asked the mrs. If I should take my medicine and chip out... she said why not go for it..

So a 5i that has to thread the needle of the trees and fade about 15 yards . Hit it perfect, cleared the trees, it faded, landed short of the green and rolled up past the hole 15ft. Dropped the putt and walked away with one helluve birdie

Taking a picture with 2 my playing partners from the 6.5 hr tourney Saturday . They had a rough day. , but both made a par . And one lipped out for birdie . They weren't slow , and kept pace .. Course just a little too hard for them. This was my best shot .. Making 2 good friends on the course , what golf is all about

Just hope all tourneys aren't 6.5 hours on this local tour , that is too much time away from the family

Last edited:
Yesterday I was about 40 yards out after my drive on a 320 yard par 4. Pulled the 56 MD2 out of the bag, put a half swing on it and stuck it to 2 ft for a tap in birdie.

chipped in yesterday on 18 for a birdie after a lazy 2nd shot didn't know the distance and just guessed and missed the green by a foot.

Hit a 5 iron on 167 yard par 3 that land just past the hole on downslope to the hole and it backed down the hill for a 2 foot birdie. Made the putt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back