Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shafts for my driver and 3w. These 50g ones just aren't working with me. Really want to try something heavier

Agreed its the AMP Cell and its not even close.

Yep, the XTD had some impressive traits thanks to the cup face, good ball speed retention, but it's very much the more demanding driver still. Very much.

And fade biased like a mofo too.

Ahh you meant driver... in that case, I have no clue never played either.

Amp Cell with Diamana Kai'Li... never tried the combo.. but adore the Kai'Li and really like the Amp Cell head.

For some reason one of the clubs I hit most consistently is my 60 degree wedge. I was thinking of getting a 64 degree wedge with low bounce just to see if I could master the flop shot. Obviously I am looking for a low cost option. Pinemeadow golf makes an inexpensive 64 degree, 5 bounce wedge. Can get it on the bay for under $20 which includes shipping. Debating on whether or not to pull the trigger or buy higher end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

714 AP1s. Its only a matter of time methinks.

I've been pondering the Bridgestone J40 CB's since December but none that meet my criteria for price and set-up have popped up on eBay. So, I'm switching my pondering to the Mizuno MP64's. Seems to be quite a few more sets of them out there, and though I may need to add 1" extenders (and by default new grips), it looks like I may be taking the plunge fairly soon.

image.jpg
MP%2064%20NEW%206PC%20STS.jpg

I've been pondering the Bridgestone J40 CB's since December but none that meet my criteria for price and set-up have popped up on eBay. So, I'm switching my pondering to the Mizuno MP64's. Seems to be quite a few more sets of them out there, and though I may need to add 1" extenders (and by default new grips), it looks like I may be taking the plunge fairly soon.

Ma try posting in the marketplace a want to buy ad and see if anyone has the cb irons for sale...ya never know

I need to find a new putter grip over the SS 2.0. After the ordeal I went through last night I just hate having to deal with trying to get those things on and off.

Wanna stay away from Winn. Might try the Iomic midsize or something similar.

I've been checking in to the WTB/FS thread every once in a while to see if a set pops up. I know a few guys play them. I'm supposed to hit the 64's with the PXi 6 Flighted shaft this weekend so I can at least get a feel for them. I'll see how they feel compared to my beloved Hogans. If they are as good (as I've heard), I'll probably give them a go. If not, I'll check into the WTB/FS thread. Thanks!

Ma try posting in the marketplace a want to buy ad and see if anyone has the cb irons for sale...ya never know

I've been checking in to the WTB/FS thread every once in a while to see if a set pops up. I know a few guys play them. I'm supposed to hit the 64's this weekend so I can at least get a feel for them. I'll see how they feel compared to my beloved Hogans. If they are as good (as I've heard), I'll probably give them a go. If not, I'll check into the WTB/FS thread. Thanks!

Have you swung the dpc irons yet? Absolutely awesome set.

Have you swung the dpc irons yet? Absolutely awesome set.

No I haven't. BHillin offered and I never took him up on it. I think the larger profile kind of put me off a bit, but I have never heard anybody say anything but great things about the way they hit the ball. I was just looking for a set that closely matches my current set as far as size and feel go (minus the offset). Plus I like the look of the solid back over the pocket back. I'll see how I hit the Mizunos this weekend, if they don't really impress me maybe I'll take another look at the Dual Cavity J40's as well. Thanks again!

Last ponder for my MC set from TaylorMade:

4 hybrid or 4-iron. I'm super more confident with a 4-iron than a hybrid, but there's some extra distance from 4-hybrid...

Pondering sticking the Mashie F3 and M2 back in the bag for my next round. Maybe it'll teach me something about switching equipment too often haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

'Ilima and Kai'li in Stiff or Regular for my 910D2. Mere days before auctions end and ponders may become purchases.

I need to find a new putter grip over the SS 2.0. After the ordeal I went through last night I just hate having to deal with trying to get those things on and off.

Wanna stay away from Winn. Might try the Iomic midsize or something similar.

Lol definitely had the same experience. I don't even try with them anymore I just have someone put it on. Only grip that gives me fits

For some reason one of the clubs I hit most consistently is my 60 degree wedge. I was thinking of getting a 64 degree wedge with low bounce just to see if I could master the flop shot. Obviously I am looking for a low cost option. Pinemeadow golf makes an inexpensive 64 degree, 5 bounce wedge. Can get it on the bay for under $20 which includes shipping. Debating on whether or not to pull the trigger or buy higher end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The difference between a 60 and 64* is crazy! I've gamed a 64 for quite a few rounds but find it's a waste most the time. Very rarely do I actually need it and usually I'm trying to justify why I should use it.

It's an entirely different beast. If you aren't 110% committed to the shot, you'll hit the ball 2 feet when you decelerate through impact.

For $20 it may be worth a shot but just thought I'd share my experience. You'll need to spend hours of range time with it to get comfortable.

No I haven't. BHillin offered and I never took him up on it. I think the larger profile kind of put me off a bit, but I have never heard anybody say anything but great things about the way they hit the ball. I was just looking for a set that closely matches my current set as far as size and feel go (minus the offset). Plus I like the look of the solid back over the pocket back. I'll see how I hit the Mizunos this weekend, if they don't really impress me maybe I'll take another look at the Dual Cavity J40's as well. Thanks again!

Let me know if you want to try things besides the mizuno's... If you like the solid back I have some 588cb or ap2 action you can give a whirl.

Adams Fast 12LS with Diamana Kai'Li...

Let me know if you want to try things besides the mizuno's... If you like the solid back I have some 588cb or ap2 action you can give a whirl.

Thanks Man. I'll let you know if I decide to go that route. Appreciate the offer.

Does anyone know anything about the Tour Edge XCG5 driver??

Buddy of mine is looking at one and I am not familiar. He is looking for forgiveness first and foremost.

Does anyone know anything about the Tour Edge XCG5 driver??

Buddy of mine is looking at one and I am not familiar. He is looking for forgiveness first and foremost.

Not the xcg5, but the xcg6 is freaking sweet. Low spin head with a mid spin shaft, pretty forgiving side to side from the limited time I've spent with it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back