TaylorMade SLDR Irons - THP TV Tech Talk

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV spent some time out at the Kingdom with the folks at TaylorMade Golf to discuss their new irons called SLDR. In this video you will find out what they are, how they work and the technology in each head.

If capable, you can increase setting to full HD on this video and later on in the closeup, get a perfect idea of what they are speaking of.

Great video. Thanks.

Really want to try these irons.

Cool video. Love the Taylormade tech talk. I definitely want to hit these.

Might as well get the info from the experts. Was cool seeing the difference in the speed pocket from previous models to this one.

Will have to watch this in the afternoon. But I cannot wait to hear what tech talk is going to be in this video.

Can't wait to hit these and see how they work. Some interesting stuff for sure.

Oh and I really did like the feel of these, WAY moreso than my CB

Oh and I really did like the feel of these, WAY moreso than my CB

Did you get to spend more time with them out at TM? Did you opinions change in any way from when you hit them in FL?

Great video. Love all this insider super-secret tech we are getting.

Did you get to spend more time with them out at TM? Did you opinions change in any way from when you hit them in FL?

No but in FL I was just way too harsh I think. High and soft feeling with the ctaper. It wasn't as bad as I posted and certainly felt better than the cb

I look forward to showing 32 other players how great these irons are at the end of July.

Great video and after hitting these I can see why the hype is there. These felt great, looked great and performed great

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I look forward to showing 32 other players how great these irons are at the end of July.

no need to show me. I already know.

Very cool tech in these it is intresting to see how the speed slot has evolved

Interesting stuff. They are definitely a bridge, but still feel and performed liked the RB Tours for me. The C-Taper 90 shaft is alright as well. Launches way too high for me, but some people need it. It's not a bad iron, but not something I'm going to sell my Apex for.

Pretty cool video.

I got to swing one of these again this morning, it is a great stick for sure!

I can't wait to see these in the hands of 8 MC'ers come July.

I was a big fan of the SpeedBlades but then add a really good profile and you get these.

For some reason, I'm equating these to like the J40's. Great look but still a solid bit of forgiveness.

These look like some impressive irons. Really interesting technology brought to you straight from the experts. To say they brought it with their iron line this year is an understatement. These look to be like the SpeedBlades and TP CBs had a baby with perfect genes.

These irons look interesting. A nice combination between looks and performance.

Question, though. The SLDR irons are not intended to replace the Speedblades, correct?

Loved the video and will watch it quite a few more times. I'm really excited that I'll be playing these irons in July.

I've noticed that in a lot of pics and vids of the SLDR S irons, the club has a graphite shaft. I wonder what the significance of this, if any, might be? The first demo they sent to the Kingdom was a six iron with graphite (thanks Kyle). Coincidence?

I can't wait to hear how these perform for the TM MC staffers!

Great video. Those are really good looking clubs. Very interesting what they've done with the slot and the dampening. Very very intriguing. Thank you for the video!

Back