Matrix Releases TPHDe Shaft

That thing is gorgeous

yeah that is a looker

So. Freaking. Awesome.

Just threw a yellow iLine grip on it from Lamkin. That plus the dark green Bertha head, and this shaft look very cool in a mismatched kind of way. Pretty excited to hit this one with War Eagle tonight.

I'm eager to hear thoughts on this one, indubitably.

Damn that's nice. Can't wait to hear how it performs for you

That looks sweet. Excited for a full report.

Will be intrested to hear your feed back on this shaft

View attachment 14808

Just picked up this proto for the TPHDe. I believe it is version 2 of the prototype. Will be cutting the grip off soon to change it out so I will know for sure later. This is the smoothest, yet stoutest (if that makes any sense) shaft I have ever played. I have a ss north of 120 and this is only a stiff shaft. Virtually stole it with a Callaway driver I picked up recently.

Sounds like there's a LOT of technology in this thing. I'll try it out from Ebay in about 5 years....

Okay, that was an interesting range session. Before the rain spoiled it, I was able to hit some balls with the TPHDe and the Big Bertha driver. What I found was an incredibly unique feeling unlike what I have tried in the past. The shaft is quite stout, but normally with a shaft that plays this stiff, I struggle to feel a load and unload and that is not the case here. Picking it up and whipping it around, you definitely have no whippy feeling at all. Take a swing and it feels soft in the hands section. Not overly soft as if control is an issue, but soft like you feel where the shaft is. But ball flight told me that it is playing pretty stout.

I like what I am seeing/feeling so far, and over the next few weeks will have plenty of updates coming.

Okay, that was an interesting range session. Before the rain spoiled it, I was able to hit some balls with the TPHDe and the Big Bertha driver. What I found was an incredibly unique feeling unlike what I have tried in the past. The shaft is quite stout, but normally with a shaft that plays this stiff, I struggle to feel a load and unload and that is not the case here. Picking it up and whipping it around, you definitely have no whippy feeling at all. Take a swing and it feels soft in the hands section. Not overly soft as if control is an issue, but soft like you feel where the shaft is. But ball flight told me that it is playing pretty stout.

I like what I am seeing/feeling so far, and over the next few weeks will have plenty of updates coming.

Sounds good so far
as far as the ball flight telling you it was stout was that due to low launch or not being able to get through it all the way?

Sounds good so far
as far as the ball flight telling you it was stout was that due to low launch or not being able to get through it all the way?

The latter.

Played this one for a full round yesterday and came away extremely impressed. I will save quite a bit for the review but will give some highlights.

The most unique feeling shasft I have played to date.
Its heavy and stout but does not feel or play that way.
Ball flight was a nice and definitely mid

Really looking forward to reading the review on this one.

Just because its so damn different and has got SUCH a backstory to it creation/design wise.

Also can't wait to read about it. Unique is a very interesting word when describing a shaft

Mid ball from JB, this must be a bullet shaft. Can't wait to read the thoughts my man

Looking forward to putting some more swings on this one next week.

Played this one for a full round yesterday and came away extremely impressed. I will save quite a bit for the review but will give some highlights.

The most unique feeling shasft I have played to date.
Its heavy and stout but does not feel or play that way.
Ball flight was a nice and definitely mid

It's hard not to get impressed when you talk about the design elements and thought process that goes into a premium shaft like this.

I'll be looking forward to the review.

It's hard not to get impressed when you talk about the design elements and thought process that goes into a premium shaft like this.

I'll be looking forward to the review.

Or take a few swings with it this weekend

Every time I see this thread, I read it as saying: Matrix Releases THP Shaft

Back