Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
drove a green today...
dont ask me how... my avg drive is rarely past 230...
i didnt do anything i dont normally do... i guess i just caught it really clean

Paired with some top guys I played from the blues today and somehow raised my game. I managed a 297 yard drive on #10, a 525 yard par 5. I don't think I've ever had 228 to that pin from the whites, let alone the back tees.

My second shot was a draw with a 7 wood that found the front of the green. I left the 50 foot eagle putt over a big slope 8 feet short, then missed the birdie putt badly. It's the second straight time I've 3 putted after hitting that green in two, albeit months apart.

But I won't forget that great drive, the highlight of the round.

I did manage two birdies after good approach shots but frankly I thought both birdie putts had missed. They staggered in over the front lip, one of them seemingly impossible. I very rarely make two birdies in one round these days but playing in that company I pretended it was ho hum. :D

Played on Sunday, had two great approach shots on par 4's at The Hamptons. One on The Woods #3, 5 iron from about 170 out (windy) to 4 feet, sunk the birdie putt, then #7 on The Links, hit a 9 iron from the left rough to a blind pin, 6 feet! Made that birdie putt too :)

In the sand with an uphill lie, flopped out to within a ft, tapped in for par. Par 3 100m, hit to a ft, tap in birdie.

par 3 147 yards. tee shot was about 5 feet off the green and then chipped it in the hole for a birdie! :alien2:

Five iron from 175 out of a gnarly lie with an uneven sidehill stance to an elevated green. I was going to be happy to make decent contact and instead, I got it onto the middle of the green and two putted for an unlikely par on the #2 handicap hole. By far, the shot of the round.

Par 3: 150 Yards
Made a decent shot with a 5 wood. Thought I airmailed the green. Pin in the Center. About 8-10 feet left. Sunk the birdie! :banana::banana:

i didnt have any good shots today

had a really really crappy lie in some muddy rough...
grabbed my lob wedge and just wanted to dig it out into a more manageable spot closer to the green...
ball just took off on me and went wayyy up in the air hitting the flag part of the stick landing on the ledge of the hole... easiest tap in birdie ever

Par 4, second shot missed way right, leaving me a blind 30 ft uphill in elevation flop shot, over a sand bunker, flag tucked in about 8 yds behind it. I was accepting anything on the green as a great shot. Smooth swing, thought I hit is a bit too far right. Came over the hill, there's my ball 6 paces beyond and a bit right of the flag. Did a little happy dance! :banana:

Tee shot found a fairway bunker. Had 155 to the pin and hit a 7 iron to within 2 feet. My son said it was the best shot he'd ever seen. Of course he's only 5 and it was only the second time he's ever played but it still felt nice hearing it.

Last round played....Par 4, hit my drive a decent distance but ended up in left rough with some overhanging tree branches. 115 yard to a front pin location.

Hit a 3/4 PW, cleared the branches, bounced on the fringe, and rolled to kick-in distance for my only birdie of the day.

hit the wrong fw and had lots of tree trouble to get back onto the right fw/green...
hit 4h thru alot of branches... i actually tried to hit it thru a slight opening underneath the branches but the ball took off on me...
it was a miracle that it landed smack in the middle of the correct fw 25yrds in front of the green

130 yard fairway bunker shot uphill into the wind over a pot bunker to 3 feet -- 8 iron gripped down for a little more control.

Of course the lousy tee shot caused it but a birdie is a birdie.

Tee shot found a fairway bunker. Had 155 to the pin and hit a 7 iron to within 2 feet. My son said it was the best shot he'd ever seen. Of course he's only 5 and it was only the second time he's ever played but it still felt nice hearing it.

Can I please borrow him? Sounds like he has a great attitude and might make me feel better about my game.

Love thos Baffler's

Love thos Baffler's

I had 230 to the green on a par five today. Uphill but wind was at my back slightly. Hit my Cobra one iron baffler (16 degree) and the moment I hit it, I knew it was money :D Twelve feet from the hole for eagle. Putt lipped out but 2 inch birdie tap in... Those shots take your breath away!!! :banana:

I had 230 to the green on a par five today. Uphill but wind was at my back slightly. Hit my Cobra one iron baffler (16 degree) and the moment I hit it, I knew it was money :D Twelve feet from the hole for eagle. Putt lipped out but 2 inch birdie tap in... Those shots take your breath away!!! :banana:
Holy Moly, what a shot! I don't have the length right now to pull off a shot like that (that's a good drive for me). Yowza!

My shot was an 84 foot birdie putt: uphill, down hill, uphill, down hill severe left to right break. I was just trying to get it in two putt range. I didn't succeed.

Holy Moly, what a shot! I don't have the length right now to pull off a shot like that (that's a good drive for me). Yowza!

My shot was an 84 foot birdie putt: uphill, down hill, uphill, down hill severe left to right break. I was just trying to get it in two putt range. I didn't succeed.

Thanks Sean! I have hit this particular green twice in regulation and lipped out both putts for eagle. I almost chipped in on this green a couple of times. We have had this hole (new addition) for a couple of years. Only par five on my home course I have yet to get the BIG bird :eek:(.........

Thanks Sean! I have hit this particular green twice in regulation and lipped out both putts for eagle. I almost chipped in on this green a couple of times. We have had this hole (new addition) for a couple of years. Only par five on my home course I have yet to get the BIG bird :eek:(.........
Your time will come. :)

I had my first eagle of the spring yesterday. Hole # 4 at my course is a short Par 4, around 265 if you cut the dogleg over the traps. My drive was just short of the green and I able to putt through the fringe. 40 feet, no big break and rolled it right in. I am not sure the drive or the putt was my best shot of the day....:D

I had my first eagle of the spring yesterday. Hole # 4 at my course is a short Par 4, around 265 if you cut the dogleg over the traps. My drive was just short of the green and I able to putt through the fringe. 40 feet, no big break and rolled it right in. I am not sure the drive or the putt was my best shot of the day....:D

i'd say both were fantastic shots. congrats on your eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back