Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant even remember my last 'best shot'... i needa get a round in but this weather is ugggh

i cant even remember my last 'best shot'... i needa get a round in but this weather is ugggh

There are plenty of threads for ranting and complaining. This thread is for bragging and cheering for yourself.

The other day was playing Cardinal Run, par 4 11th hole hit a nice drive about 200 yards down the middle (was cold out ball doesnt go anywhere in this stuff!) The sun was right in my face and I could hardly see the green much less the flag, but I knew the pin position for the day (BACK of the green) so I hit a blind 6 iron that ended up about 10 feet from the flag! Was a great shot because it was all feel and course knowledge. 2 putted for par by the way...

There are plenty of threads for ranting and complaining. This thread is for bragging and cheering for yourself.

:crying:

i hit a money 52* from 80 yrds out... carrying 2 traps... pin tucked back right...
ball checked hard on the frozen green... left me a 3" tap in for par :bananadance:

:crying:

i hit a money 52* from 80 yrds out... carrying 2 traps... pin tucked back right...
ball checked hard on the frozen green... left me a 3" tap in for par :bananadance:

:clapp: See - doesn't it feel better to post something good.

Playing through a group on 10th hole today, I pulled my drive and bought tree trouble so I had to pitch out. That left me with 130 to the pin and I hit a 9 iron that hit pin high, checked and spun back leaving me about 10ft sidehill for par. I made it.

Nice to have an audience for a good one. Normally, playing through would make me choke like a dog.

Hit a pretty bad drive on par 4 8th hole at the woodlands into some nasty brush/trees on the right. Surprised to find my ball, and even more surprised to find a hole to punch it back out on the fairway. From there I hit a 9 iron but it was way too windy and i ended up barely on the front of the green with a nasty 40 foot uphill putt... but I drained it! It was on line the whole way and was one of the rare ones where you don't have a doubt that it's going in from that far away.

after pulling my drive onto the back of a hill...
the ball was barely sitting sitting up on a severe slope...
when i took my "stance" the ball was literally chest high at address...
my girl and the 3 brits i was paired up with had a pretty good chuckle at my predicament...
thinking i had absolutely no shot whatsoever... i just hoped it would release from the rough and go at least 50 ft to the fw...
i took a full arm baseball swing... heard the plink of my 4w contacting the ball... and to everyones surprise the ball took off landing in the middle of the fw leaving me a 40yrd shot into the green...
i thought for sure this was going to be a blowup hole

Best shot of my round on Saturday would have been a picture of me covered head-to-toe in mud after splattering around a drenched course! But I guess the 52* pitch i almost holed from 30 yards out on a par 5 to end up saving par will have to do.

almost aced one today... par3 197 pin center back... 4w dead at it... baby landed in the middle of the green ran straight at the flag... bounced off the flag 2ft to the right... i was screaming like a lil girl... it was a great shot

Today my best shot of the round was chipping in with a 56* Niblick from below the green on the right. Par 3 that is 165 and I missed the green to the right and had no shot so I pitched to where I could save bogey. It was in a little valley about 4 feet below the green. Hit a nice high pitch with the Niblick that landed softly and released about 2 feet into the hole.

shanked my drive on par 4 1st, thought here we go again,

surprisingly had an angle to the pin, although couldn't see a thing....5 iron to within a foot and drained it for the bird!!!

Playing partners were not stoked (comp) but i was exstatic.....!!

didn't feel as good as a chip in though

can I replace this club?

can I replace this club?

Just bought a replacment for my 5dx 2i hybrid on ebay (the wilson FY). Then today I get my first eagle ever, thanks to a 215yd approach to 1 foot using the 5dx. This was almost definitely the best shot I've hit in my relatively short golfing life (5 years).

So... would replacing the 5dx offend the golf gods? I'm thinking it has to stay in my bag for some period of time. That said, I hit it straight only one of every four hits, and I'd prefer a higher trajectory from a hybrid...

(And yes, I moved from lurker to joiner to ask this dumb question) :D

Best shot was on a 142 yd par 3. Hole on the front right side tucked in behind a bunker. Aimed for the middle, just missed the green to the left. Chipped in a 40 footer with my 49* Niblick... man i love this club!

Luckiest shot was on a lengthy par 4, with a county highway on the left side of the fairway. As much as I told the ball not to, it ignored my warnings and decided to slice off the tee directly for the traffic. I watch the ball disappear between an oncoming pickup and a few other cars headed away. #$&%!! My partner and I held our breath and waited for the sound of breaking glass and screech of brakes. Never came. Shaken up, I announced I would drop where it disappeared. Walking down the fairway, there was a ball on the left side, about 40 yds short of where my ball had fallen in traffic. I couldnt believe it, but sure enough, there was my Bridgestone 3. I suppose my luck was some pickup owner's misfortune, as I'm sure there's a ding on a bumper somewhere...

Worst shot... too many to discuss. I did, however, hurt my hand on a punch shot from the rough. Club caught a root or something and torqued my left hand something else. This was the 16th hole, the hole before the lucky shot mentioned above. I strugged the rest of the round to even swing the club, and depending how it feels, I might visit the doc on tuesday.

yw...

today... 80yrds out... rt first cut rough... ball sitting up... 52° gw over an overhanging tree branch... flopping 2ft from the cup checking hard

Hola

Hola

120 yards out, my shot to the green drifted to the right. The shot landed to the right of the green, 5 yards to the right. Took out my gap wedge, read the break from right to left, Chip in for birdie!!!! :alien2:

I knocked in a 4 footer for eagle today, after a 220 yard, down hill, 3 wood from the fairway. Of course the initial 265 tee shot set up the last two shots on this particular par 5. Pretty much the best hole I have played the last four days. I do have my moments. :D

I actually had two good shots when i was able to get out and play on Sunday. Hole #10 par 5 about 535 yards long. I hit a tee shot about 290 right down the middle of the fairway and then I hit a 3 wood and it hit the green and then bounced over the back. Ihave never hit two shots that far back to back, much less hit the green on the second one on a par 5. I can only wonder if the greens had not been frozen would my second shot have held the green. I did manage to chip on to about 6 feet and then put in for my birdie.

yesterday...
i was 200yrds out... left side of the fw... 2 hills between the green and my ball... one directly in front of me... i had to aim for a tree because i couldnt see the flag at all...
4w... i thought i hit it super fat cuz dirt and grass flew everywhere... i had to ask where the heck did my ball go?... walked on top of the hill and saw my ball on the right side of the green pin high about 8ft away... missed the birdie... but ill take a par after a shot like that any day

Two weeks ago, 2nd shot on Par 4 435 yds, I was sitting 195 yds away in a bunker on right side of fairway playing downhill to smaller green with bunkers all around front of green. Hit my Cobra Baffler Hybrid 4-iron to center of green, ball rolled 15 feet straight to the hole and stopped 1/4 roll short. Literally, "Caddyshack Explosion" close to dropping from 195 out of a sand trap. I'll remember that shot for next 10 yrs. I've never gotten an Eagle. EVER, but that was close. Couldn't duplicate again if my life depended on it, but will enjoy the memory. No matter how improved other Hybrids get, I feel forever loyal to my Baffler Hybrids after that shot from the trap.

extremely tricky slider...
35 footer...
hole cut front left last bedroom down a long narrow hallway...
love seat and 2 end tables making it hard to read or much less see the line...
i could tell by the grain in the carpet it hasnt been vacuumed in a few days so it was playing a lil slow...
took 2 practice strokes...
addressed the ball...
back an thru... pure stroke... heard the click of the putter face contacting ball... ball disappeared under the loveseat...
tracking... tracking... tracking... b00000000mmmm... its in the hole

needless to say... there's a ton of snow outside

I can't seem to catch a break with the weather to go out and create new memories, so I am going back 9 days ago to my Saturday 18. I birdied the 9th hole to turn in 37, then bogeyed my 10th, and I am in that 7 hole stretch of par 4's in which it is vital to make pars to hold the round together. I get to my 13th, the 6th of those 7 holes, even for that stretch and still +2 for the day. It is an uphill dogleg right and longish, a tight drive that is a bit uncomfortable for my draw, and I pull it slightly, ending up just left of the cartpath. Seeing I have a great lie and 198 to the flag by my partner's cart GPS, I pull the 4 iron. I have to draw the shot around and under the branches of the oaks ahead of me, and carry it all the way to the front of the green because of the soft conditions. I try for a slight trap draw and make my swing - the contact was so pure it was exhilarating, and I knew without watching it would be a sweet shot. The ball shot under the branches and drew perfectly into green center, landing a foot on, taking a long skip and checking to a slow roll. The pin was cornered deep in the back left quadrant, and I was dead level with it in green center 20 feet away. I under-read the left break of that birdie putt, but walked off with a very happy par.

I haven't played this week, but last week I got a Par 4 Eagle with a Pitching Wedge from 120 yards. Went straight in the hole - couldn't believe it - first Par 4 Eagle for me and it came after a triple bogey on the previous hole. Plus it was my best round at this club (84) - my previous two efforts had been 96 and 107(that was a bad, bad day).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back