The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly no idea. Pretty big investment to dump this soon.

They would make a killing on the initial investment, but I think the sons will keep the team. Now Man U might be a different story.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

They would make a killing on the initial investment, but I think the sons will keep the team. Now Man U might be a different story.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

They absolutely would. But there are a few contracts TV wise that are coming up that I guarantee makes each team more valuable when redone.

They absolutely would. But there are a few contracts TV wise that are coming up that I guarantee makes each team more valuable when redone.

The majority of the TV deals are set through 2022: http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/breaking-down-the-new-nfl-deal-with-the-tv-networks.html

Pretty much the only chip they have to play around with is the Thursday night package, unless they're thinking about doing something else. Is the NFL already trying to get the networks to do extensions past 2022?

Hmmm.
No mention of Directv deal anywhere in there that I saw.
There are big plans coming for a multitude of areas.
Every team will be richer in the next 5 years and not just from a satellite deal or Thursday night deal.

And money from possible expanded playoffs and playoff TV coverage...

Ill jump in on that one with you.
#NoBackpedaling
I'm a Saints fan, so this year I will take that bet on any of their games:blob:

I'm already ready for some football!

I just read that saints new FA safety Jarius Byrd had back surgery yesterday.

I'm a Saints fan, so this year I will take that bet on any of their games:blob:

I'm already ready for some football!

I just read that saints new FA safety Jarius Byrd had back surgery yesterday.

I know he had foot problems in Buffalo. Didn't know anything about the back. Hope it's minor cause when he's healthy he's pretty darn good. Not sure if he's 9+Mil a year good though :)

Aaaannnnnd Josh Freeman is released

Browns picked up Aaron Berry, hopefully he doesnt run around in public with guns again

Have no fear PhillyV, according to Matt HAssleback Richardson is doing just like Marshawn Lynch did:

Hasselbeck was with the Seattle Seahawks in 2010 when they made a similar in-season trade to acquire Marshawn Lynch from the Buffalo Bills.
Lynch struggled to adapt quickly to Seattle’s blocking scheme. Lynch frequently was running into his own blockers and getting stopped at the line of scrimmage despite his hard-nosed running style. Lynch eventually began to learn the running scheme as time elapsed and the line blocked more adequately in front of him.
Hasselbeck believes Richardson could see a similar shift in his success with the Colts.
Marshawn’s numbers weren’t spectacular either,” Hasselbeck said, via Craig Kelley of the Colts’ team website. “Everyone in the locker room understood he was doing the best he could and was working really hard. It’s very similar to Trent.”

Have no fear PhillyV, according to Matt HAssleback Richardson is doing just like Marshawn Lynch did:

Hasselbeck was with the Seattle Seahawks in 2010 when they made a similar in-season trade to acquire Marshawn Lynch from the Buffalo Bills.
Lynch struggled to adapt quickly to Seattle’s blocking scheme. Lynch frequently was running into his own blockers and getting stopped at the line of scrimmage despite his hard-nosed running style. Lynch eventually began to learn the running scheme as time elapsed and the line blocked more adequately in front of him.
Hasselbeck believes Richardson could see a similar shift in his success with the Colts.
Marshawn’s numbers weren’t spectacular either,” Hasselbeck said, via Craig Kelley of the Colts’ team website. “Everyone in the locker room understood he was doing the best he could and was working really hard. It’s very similar to Trent.”

Lynch also had two 1000 yard + rushing seasons before going to Seattle . Richardson has been underwhelming since entering the league. Sure he had a ton of TDs but that to me was more the lack of talent the browns had. Just because he was the best on a bad team (offense at least) doesn't make him a good player

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

So Kaps new deal should pay for a lot of south beach hookers...

The Official 2014 NFL Thread

So Kaps new deal should pay for a lot of south beach hookers...

Please, them ladies are cheap! Freaking Gabbert could afford them.

Last edited:
Kaep woke up in alot better mood today than I did.

49ers are on their way to becoming the "other" Harbaugh team. Spend all the money on a QB and have none left for the rest of the team. It's a genius move....not

49ers are on their way to becoming the "other" Harbaugh team. Spend all the money on a QB and have none left for the rest of the team. It's a genius move....not

It came out this morning that the deal is essentially six one year deals. If he is on the roster April 1 of that year his salary is guaranteed if they cut him before April 1 they are on the hook for no money. Really an amazing contract for the 49ers surprised Kap and his agent agreed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It came out this morning that the deal is essentially six one year deals. If he is on the roster April 1 of that year his salary is guaranteed if they cut him before April 1 they are on the hook for no money. Really an amazing contract for the 49ers surprised Kap and his agent agreed to it.

I missed that as I was skimming some articles. Still, close to $20/mil a year is a huge chunk of salary cap. The Niners can't afford the defense, elite receiver(s) and Keep IMO.

I missed that as I was skimming some articles. Still, close to $20/mil a year is a huge chunk of salary cap. The Niners can't afford the defense, elite receiver(s) and Keep IMO.

Who is the 9ers elite receiver?

Well, yes and no. That is really no different than a lot of large contracts due to the structure of the NFL. What we do know is that he is getting paid 13 mill instead of 1 mill this coming year.

Just like many of the large contracts, the huge "guaranteed" amount is not really as guaranteed as people think, unless he plays for this team, but there is always penalty in ridding of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back