Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Some of the lie angles were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off on the set that I acquired, 7/8/9/P were 1.5-2.5* flat and the PW was 1.5* strong in loft too, I got them all adjusted to 2* up from standard today so a couple had to move 4.5* but they bent just fine, going to take them back in next week to make sure all is still well. Finally put the CTL's and UTx's on the 5-SW tonight and they are sitting next to me curing. Will have them out for my noon round tomorrow and am crazy excited to see normal divots.

Interesting to see that the lofts were bent strong. Wouldn't be surprised if mine were the same, actually. Would explain a lot.

Just put the DGS300 shafts in my apex. Love the change.
I'll be trying out some new shafts in mine soon, too. Excited to see what happens,
Some of the lie angles were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off on the set that I acquired, 7/8/9/P were 1.5-2.5* flat and the PW was 1.5* strong in loft too,
But this has me wondering about some things. That's crazy, man. I guess I'll have to hit up old Dana Upshaw and check this out.

Not liking the XP95's T0ad?

I was having a "usual" great day with mine at Prairie View over the THP weekend. JMAN and I were both rocking them and I was just having a pretty solid day with them. I was getting more yardage than I should have, and doubt 300 feet in altitude does that much, but maybe, I don't know. I was hitting a couple shots long to the backs of greens, so we teed up second balls and clubbed down and was nailing the yardages. I stuck an AW to like 6 ft from 120ish (I wish I could remember the yardage), which is a fair bit more than I am used to from the AW, and it was still a really nice, high, flight with soft landing.

<3 them!

That par 3 was 116 to the pin! Remember your aw is now your 115 club! :) that was such a great shot

That par 3 was 116 to the pin! Remember your aw is now your 115 club! :) that was such a great shot

You have to fill us in on how your new Apex are treating you!

Some of the lie angles were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off on the set that I acquired, 7/8/9/P were 1.5-2.5* flat and the PW was 1.5* strong in loft too, I got them all adjusted to 2* up from standard today so a couple had to move 4.5* but they bent just fine, going to take them back in next week to make sure all is still well. Finally put the CTL's and UTx's on the 5-SW tonight and they are sitting next to me curing. Will have them out for my noon round tomorrow and am crazy excited to see normal divots.

I think that is going to be such a lethal combination for you James. Pumped that you finally went out and got them adjusted.

Interesting to see that the lofts were bent strong. Wouldn't be surprised if mine were the same, actually. Would explain a lot.

It was just the Pw, soooo confusing!

I think that is going to be such a lethal combination for you James. Pumped that you finally went out and got them adjusted.

Headed to get my windows tinted and then to the course, so excited!

Tinted windows and newly-shafted Apex. Sounds like an awesome afternoon.

As for me, the Apex continue to be my saving grace. Swing has been out of sorts, tee game has been surprisingly bad, yet I continue to hit nice approach shots.

I'm not sure there is a better iron out there for me.

I can't wait to hit mine this afternoon.... They are out on the truck for delivery.

Not liking the XP95's T0ad?
I do,... now! It's not a bad thing, but I really had to adjust my tempo and transition to make them work. Of course, I'm seeing improvements all the way around from that, but when I get V's put in, and if I see even more control, then watch out. :clap:

That's right. I'd been mostly sticking to 100-105 for that AW. If that ball had just been a few feet left....

The 95's are a fun freaking combo for these heads. I enjoyed them a lot.

Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

I didn't get to goto the range this weekend but I took some swings at some birdie balls and hit a couple real balls into the woods. I am really liking the weight of the tour v shafts and the ball flight seems to be a tad higher as well. I didn't put a good swing on the 8 iron when I was hitting a real ball but it still went straight and didn't appear to lose a ton of distance.

However, I hit the PW perfectly...straight as an arrow, nice and high and just beautiful. I had to look back to make sure I hit the ball because the feel was so pure it almost felt like I didn't hit anything.

I also like the stock Lamkin grips that came on the irons more than I thought I would.

I'm playing Saturday and unfortunately probably won't find time for the range until Saturday morning but I am looking forward to putting these in play.

I didn't get to goto the range this weekend but I took some swings at some birdie balls and hit a couple real balls into the woods. I am really liking the weight of the tour v shafts and the ball flight seems to be a tad higher as well. I didn't put a good swing on the 8 iron when I was hitting a real ball but it still went straight and didn't appear to lose a ton of distance.

However, I hit the PW perfectly...straight as an arrow, nice and high and just beautiful. I had to look back to make sure I hit the ball because the feel was so pure it almost felt like I didn't hit anything.

I also like the stock Lamkin grips that came on the irons more than I thought I would.

I'm playing Saturday and unfortunately probably won't find time for the range until Saturday morning but I am looking forward to putting these in play.

That's the best part of the Apex for me -- you can miss hit them, and they still fly on line with not much distance loss.

I still remember playing a round with my dad, and he kept asking "Did you hit that flush" at the end of the round. I hit so many good shots that were misshits that he was tired of saying "good shot" only for me to respond, "eh, missed it a little."

I plan on trading for a set today anxious to play with them love the feel of them and esp the looks,

I have them with 680 recoil shafts but think they are just a bit too light for me. Anyone with a driver SS of 98-101 playing recoil 95 in their irons.

I have them with 680 recoil shafts but think they are just a bit too light for me. Anyone with a driver SS of 98-101 playing recoil 95 in their irons.

Not me currently BUT, my driver SS averages 98-102 and 95g shafts are proving to be a good weight for me. Re the XP95 shaft - I've loved every club I've hit with that shaft - apex, jpx EZ, ap1, every one. Current gamers are 75g graphites.

I benefit from graphite for practice fatigue, but I'd play the xp95 with no reservations. As usual try them and see...then sell me you Recoils

That's the best part of the Apex for me -- you can miss hit them, and they still fly on line with not much distance loss.

I still remember playing a round with my dad, and he kept asking "Did you hit that flush" at the end of the round. I hit so many good shots that were misshits that he was tired of saying "good shot" only for me to respond, "eh, missed it a little."

Still blown away by how forgiving they are. Played this morning and the miss hits still jump. Pretty amazing really

I'm leaving this thread until Saturday. You guys are not helping my anxiety!

I'm leaving this thread until Saturday. You guys are not helping my anxiety!

Haha. You'll be gushing in here soon enough.

Had a great breaking in day with these at the right lie angles and with the CTL/UTx combo plugged in, 5-SW, they are just so damn good.

Almost lost it today when I received the Callaway email with 30% off, now I'm just pissed that it didn't apply to anything I wanted, especially the Apex irons!!:angry:

Had a great breaking in day with these at the right lie angles and with the CTL/UTx combo plugged in, 5-SW, they are just so damn good.

Can't wait to here how this combo works Jman. The CTLs sure sound interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to here how this combo works Jman. The CTLs sure sound interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

They were really nice today. Ball flight that I like and added stability that I sadly need.

Also, its amazing how proper lie angles allow for better spin on shots into greens because the toe isn't digging a tunnel to China. :alien:

Back