What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 74 at my home course. I gamed the Taylormade Tour Preferred X ball and it made a world of difference in my game. The ball had just enough spin around the greens and the overall performance was great. Thanks to Chad @ TM chat for persuading me to buy a dozen.

Shot a smooth 80 from the blues on my first time out at Coronado G.C. in the San Diego area.

43/41 - 84. There was a time where I would be ok with an 84, but I feel like I'm better than that now. The first hole is a long par 5 that requires three good shots to get it to the green over a pond and I played my first two shots as good as you could play them. Then I had an easy 8i into the green and I just tried to baby it and bladed it into the lip of the pond. Doubled the first. Ended up having 4 doubles on the day and luckily I had a nice string of pars on the back to keep the round from being a complete disaster, but overall not a very good day. Eliminate the dubs and I'm at an 80.

The weather was perfect and I drove the ball very well again. Just need to tidy a few things up.

Here's the scorecard:

TPuUsZ1.png

84 with 4 doubles is solid

Shot a 79 at my local course, Quail Hollow in Wesley Chapel. Played OK, nothing to write home about. Seemed like it was one of those days where I didn't hit any great shots, but didn't hit any poor shots. The biggest issue was that for the 2nd summer in a row, the greens are absolutely terrible. They were plugged recently, but they have not done a very good job of dragging the sand out to even attempt to smooth them out. We were one of the first groups out on the course and all of yesterdays footprints were still around the hole making it even harder to get anything in the hole. It's a shame because it is one of my favorite layouts, and from tee to the fringe the course is absolutely in great shape - the greens are just so putrid...

I played to back to back rounds today, only 5 minutes between. First tee time 5:10 AM, slow play second tee time 8:40 AM.

I had a pretty solid and ok front nine in the first round. ;)

Screen_Shot_2014_06_03_at_17_47_18.png

Screen_Shot_2014_06_03_at_17_47_32.png

Shot 87 with 4 fairways, 8 gir, 39 putts. Pin placements were tough.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I played to back to back rounds today, only 5 minutes between. First tee time 5:10 AM, slow play second tee time 8:40 AM.

I had a pretty solid and ok front nine in the first round. ;)

Screen_Shot_2014_06_03_at_17_47_18.png

Screen_Shot_2014_06_03_at_17_47_32.png

36 holes before 11am? That's awesome!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Shot a 41 on 9 holes yesterday afternoon. Started out promising with a 322yd drive on the opening par 5 with no warm up, then 5 iron to hole high but left of the green. I proceeded to blade the next one into the road beyond the green and apparently into a car. It really suck to be hole high in two on a par five and then end up with a snowman while 3 other randoms are waiting to finish out. I left two par putts a combined total of two inches short. But I did hit 7 fairways if you count the second fairway that I hit twice, once on that hole and once on the 7th hole. Still parred the 7th. Went driver, 9 iron, sw chip in from just off the green for eagle on 8.

Round of my life

I done it! 69 on the card!!!!!!!!
4 under 33 on the front
1 over 36 on the back

4 missed fairways
14 greens in reg
29 putts

Let the good form
Continue!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79 today with 7/14 fairways, 8/18 greens and 32 putts. The greens were fast and the pin positions on some brutal slopes. I was way too defensive on the greens.

Played from 6950 today, managed to avoid the single tree on my course :)alien:) and put up an 81 which I'm happy with considering how out of sorts my swing got on Sunday. Plus, having irons that are the right lie angle is a trip, seeing immediately the "adjustments" I had been making in my swing to try and make them work better when they were flat. Ugh.

What did you shoot today?

Shot a 41 on 9 holes yesterday afternoon. Started out promising with a 322yd drive on the opening par 5 with no warm up, then 5 iron to hole high but left of the green. I proceeded to blade the next one into the road beyond the green and apparently into a car. It really suck to be hole high in two on a par five and then end up with a snowman while 3 other randoms are waiting to finish out. I left two par putts a combined total of two inches short. But I did hit 7 fairways if you count the second fairway that I hit twice, once on that hole and once on the 7th hole. Still parred the 7th. Went driver, 9 iron, sw chip in from just off the green for eagle on 8.

Nice roller coaster round. Heritage?

Nice eagle on 8.

Played the senior tees and shot 40/38=78, 9/14 FW's, 10 GIRS, 33 putts with no 3 jacks. 1bird, 11 pars, 5 bogeys and a double.

Played in a 4-man scramble this weekend. We parred all the par 3s but eagled 2 of the par 5s and birdied the other two. When we got done one of my partners said we shot a 57 gross. I was surprised but very happy with that score. I thought we'd likely place somewhere in the money. Too bad a 57 was in the middle of the pack once we saw the leaderboard. They were only counting Net and one of the guys figured we'd have had to have shot a 50 gross to win. We left a few out there but not that many. Some of the leaders must've been shooting lights out! It was fun and I think it raised some good money for the kids.

Played in a 4-man scramble this weekend. We parred all the par 3s but eagled 2 of the par 5s and birdied the other two. When we got done one of my partners said we shot a 57 gross. I was surprised but very happy with that score. I thought we'd likely place somewhere in the money. Too bad a 57 was in the middle of the pack once we saw the leaderboard. They were only counting Net and one of the guys figured we'd have had to have shot a 50 gross to win. We left a few out there but not that many. Some of the leaders must've been shooting lights out! It was fun and I think it raised some good money for the kids.

Ah, that's frustrating, isn't it? Last 2 scrambles we shot similar rounds... The scorecard playoffs bumped us out of placement.

96 from the blues on a par 70, approx 6100yrds. I had 3 holes where I scored +4... had I kept those blow ups in check I could have flirted with breaking 90 for the first time ever. I'm determined to break 90 by the end of the year.

Ah, that's frustrating, isn't it? Last 2 scrambles we shot similar rounds... The scorecard playoffs bumped us out of placement.

Haha - guess it can be. I heard a lot of chatter about the teams that went really low from other tables after the round. Teams went out by themselves instead of with another team. I don't like when scrambles are like that because it leads to questioning the winners. I'd prefer to believe they played well and deserved the win.

42 - 45 = 87
Part of the problem..... Four 3 putts on the back nine. Otherwise I was very pleased.

First round I have been able to play in a couple of weeks due to a shoulder injury and a deluge of rain here in Houston.
Played The Cypress Course at Cypresswood Golf Club.
Made a "Snowman" on the first hole then reeled off 8 Pars in a row for a smooth 39 on the front.
Kept the momentum going on the back with another 7 Pars in a row, bogey on 17th and a Par on the 18th for a 37 back 9.
My Counterbalanced Manta Ghost experiment has been paying "Big Dividends" as my confidence with it continues to grow.

Also have to mention that the "Greens Crew" has done an outstanding job getting the Facilities in Top Playing Condition after the 14+ inches of rain we received last week, and I must say that I can't recall seeing the courses in better condition than they are right now! Do yourselves a favor and get out to play a round. The fairways are lush and the greens are looking outstanding on the Cypress Course!

a3346065a2c75954ee685c3c81ecbaa9_f9.jpg
22cfa5133bd2f3ab07477094ab347bfa_f10.jpg

CypressScorecard-Only-08-13.jpg

First round I have been able to play in a couple of weeks due to a shoulder injury and a deluge of rain here in Houston.
Played The Cypress Course at Cypresswood Golf Club.
Made a "Snowman" on the first hole then reeled off 8 Pars in a row for a smooth 39 on the front.
Kept the momentum going on the back with another 7 Pars in a row, bogey on 17th and a Par on the 18th for a 37 back 9.
My Counterbalanced Manta Ghost experiment has been paying "Big Dividends" as my confidence with it continues to grow.

Also have to mention that the "Greens Crew" has done an outstanding job getting the Facilities in Top Playing Condition after the 14+ inches of rain we received last week, and I must say that I can't recall seeing the courses in better condition than they are right now! Do yourselves a favor and get out to play a round. The fairways are lush and the greens are looking outstanding on the Cypress Course!

a3346065a2c75954ee685c3c81ecbaa9_f9.jpg
22cfa5133bd2f3ab07477094ab347bfa_f10.jpg

CypressScorecard-Only-08-13.jpg

Playing the Tradition sun am, looking forward to seeing the setup first hand.

Haha - guess it can be. I heard a lot of chatter about the teams that went really low from other tables after the round. Teams went out by themselves instead of with another team. I don't like when scrambles are like that because it leads to questioning the winners. I'd prefer to believe they played well and deserved the win.

Concur. The (now defunct) base league used to pit 4-member teams against each other in twosomes, and there was never that talk. Pretty good format though, and everyone kept each other honest.

Played Tour 18 in Houston with 2 co workers from Golfsmith, played the tips about 6800 yards, on and off rain for the first 11 holes, not hard rain but enough to turn the afternoon into a sauna. They teed us off on 10 because they were punching greens on front and had did the back yesterday. Still greens weren't horrible sandy and rest of the course was pure plush. 11 fairways 7 greens 31 putts, 2 water balls and 2 three putts for a 41/39 80. So last three rounds I've carded 75, 80 and 81. Game really feels solid right now.

Shot a decent 80. My new course is par 72 and significantly harder than my old one so gonna have to get used to high 70s or 80s. Went 41-39, but didn't play nearly that evenly. On the front I couldn't hit a 2nd shot to save my life. Drove and chipped great, but 2nd shots sucked. On the back it was more mediocre all over. Driving really well so far this year though. Amazingly, keeping the clubhead closed as I go back seems to have made a huge difference for me in keeping the ball straight.

Crazy story today...I shot 81 which is my best 18 hole score on my home course. My buddy started on the back and I met him as he was walking off of 11 green so I start cold on 12 and I've got a round cooking so I tell my buddy we've got to go back and play 10 & 11 and he of course does so. I shoot 38 with 8 pars and 1 double. The front (back) was a different story. Wife calls me on hole 6 saying she has hit a dog but is ok so I rush through the remainder of the round (she was ok with this since it was nothing major with he car) anyway he is the scorecard. I'll post the back (front) first. Needed par on one of the easiest holes on the course (hole 9) and doubled after pulling my tee shot into the trees :(

Hell of a round though :)

Played from the Golds just FYI

4a3yseda.jpg

baga6yru.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back