THP Bridgestone Indy invitational Pics & Recap

Some more random thoughts from the weekend.

- Santa Kang didn't disappoint.

Love the new name!!!! Santa Kang now on lol

I have not given an official recap yet so here goes.

I played Friday at Purgatory with xThor, Darren K, and Adam Hartzell.
xThor and Darren K can really move the ball, and I appreciate the signed dollars they gave me! :D
Adam is not afraid to chutt from any distance, all 3 of these guys were great to play with!

Friday night at Cheesburger in Paradise I shared a table with Michigan Slice,
O'Caroll, and sposey013168.
Michigan Slice is one the most awesome guys I have ever met, talk about the life of the party!
I got to witness first hand O'Caroll's life changing experience of the egg burger.
sposey013168 has a certain quality he looks for in the ladies, and is not afraid to let you know what it is.

Saturday at The Fort I played with O'Caroll, Playdough, and my partner was sposey013168.
Playdough is a freaking monster off the tee, I thought that only happened on the internet?
O'Caroll can also pound the ball, and it was great to spend time with a fellow MCer.
sposey013168 was a fantastic partner! Pound for pound he can hit the ball as far as anybody I know, and we had a fantastic time. I think we ended up 3 shots back and we definitely left a few out on the course, but it didn't matter. I would take him as my partner any time.

After the round coers and I went to Golf Galaxy (apparently everybody else went to Golfsmith) so I could spend some more time with the SLDR S line before I had to turn in my MC club order the next day.
Rbartthle17 was also there, and we spent some time talking about the mini driver and hitting various SLDR S woods. Rbartthle17 has a mini driver, so I really appreciated his thoughts on the club.

Saturday night at Buca Di Beppo
I sat by coers, and across from Zenger and Lighteningbolt 44.
Zenger it turns out lives just a couple of hours north of me, and I can't wait to get a round in with him.
Lighteningbolt 44 is also a great guy, and we all got to see coers go all man vs food on the leftover cheesecake.

Sunday at Prairie View I played with coers, gregdrews, and Ohio Striker.
I spent the majority of my weekend with coers and did not get sick, so I think he's off the hook for JB's illness.
gregdrews needs to not cheap out on the epoxy next time he reshafts his irons!
Ohio Striker put together the best 9 holes of golf I have ever had the pleasure to witness. He had every shot in the bag going for him and I was rooting for him the whole way. Unfortunately as happens to us amateurs, the wheels started coming off on the back, but he managed to keep it together well enough to turn in a 79. Great round Matt!

All in all it was a great weekend! I wish I could've spent more time with my fellow Albatross teammates Canadan, Amart, and kc720, but we were never paired up, it was nice finally getting to meet them though.

Thanks to JB and Mikedean441 for setting this up, and also thanks to GolferGal who wasn't there, but I think we all know she really runs the show!

I can't wait to do it again!

I just remembered ripping GregDan's ticket tie he made at D&B and seeing the look of pure sadness fall over his face like he was a little boy so proud of the little project he did. Haha

CJ tied that all pretty for me and you destroyed it like you were Godzilla in downtown Tokyo.

After the round coers and I went to Golf Galaxy (apparently everybody else went to Golfsmith) so I could spend some more time with the SLDR S line before I had to turn in my MC club order the next day.
Rbartthle17 was also there, and we spent some time talking about the mini driver and hitting various SLDR S woods. Rbartthle17 has a mini driver, so I really appreciated his thoughts on the club.

Yeah I think we were going to Galaxy til we saw a sign for golfsmith.

All you really missed was my brother hitting some driver 85 yards carry with a 39* launch angle

All you really missed was my brother hitting some driver 85 yards carry with a 39* launch angle

What's funnier is the two places were literally right next door to eachother.

I wanted to go to Golfsmith as I had never been to one, but everyone said they were going to Galaxy, so that's where we went. It all worked out though, I probably wouldn't have gotten the time in the simulator at GS like I did at GG.

yeah cant say Ive seen that before thats for sure.

85 yards? That's monster.

I managed a .7 carry on JB's monitor. That's POINT SEVEN. Really. I wonder if Josh knew it would measure that low. He does now.

Also, the monitor at the Golfsmith @ Castleton was GarBage!!

I wanted to go to Golfsmith as I had never been to one, but everyone said they were going to Galaxy, so that's where we went. It all worked out though, I probably wouldn't have gotten the time in the simulator at GS like I did at GG.

Nope, cause I was randomly walking into sim sessions, hitting an altutude and then walking out

It is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. When I first moved here, I put the address in for one and to my surprise it was a 2 for 1 special.

I am amazed that both are still open, although the Golfsmith store is much, much better.

THP Bridgestone Indy invitational Pics & Recap

Hate tapa

I had to go into GG because my SLDR Mini had been original regripped at the Toledo store, and they fixed it for free. Ended up hanging with PS36 and coers and that was great. I also learned that at some point there is such a thing as too much swinging of a club.

Sunday at Prairie View I played with coers, gregdrews, and Ohio Striker.
I spent the majority of my weekend with coers and did not get sick, so I think he's off the hook for JB's illness.
gregdrews needs to not cheap out on the epoxy next time he reshafts his irons!
Ohio Striker put together the best 9 holes of golf I have ever had the pleasure to witness. He had every shot in the bag going for him and I was rooting for him the whole way. Unfortunately as happens to us amateurs, the wheels started coming off on the back, but he managed to keep it together well enough to turn in a 79. Great round Matt!

sunday had to be about the most fun ive had on a golf course. even tho i had a chance to shoot under par but it didnt happen no biggie ..still had a blast with great company.

This is one stop I always make every time I'm in Indy, you cant beat having those two places side by side. I drop my wife off at HomeGoods on the other side of the highway and I'm good to go for a couple hours without her bugging me.

I seem to reflect back on my first THP event when I think about this last weekend. *I can relate to those who experienced their first event this past weekend and I really enjoy reading their thoughts. *The last few days leading up to the weekend I found myself explaining to people that I'm leaving my wife to go play golf with guys who I know through the Internet and I always seem to get strange looks. *There isn't enough time in the day to express how awesome THP events are and how great the people are that attend. *This weekend really made my 28th birthday something to remember.

Friday started with an hour at the range before our tee time with Jman, Ricky, and Dan. *I was excited to meet James and Ricky in person. *Obviously I knew them from THP and had played Xbox with Ricky but sharing a round of golf was really special. **Dan and Ricky beat up on James and I. *After the round we figured out 4 golf bags would fit in my Nissan rouge so we were set to get to Indy. We didn't account for the luggage though and had to get creative with the packing. *Ricky is a packing savant though and there was a big cheer when we got the back hatch to lock! *A quick drive to Indy had us at Cheeseburger in Paradise in time for some delicious food. *Sharing some beer towers with old and new friends was great. *I really enjoyed putting faces to forum names.

Saturday was an early morning at the range and I definitely paced myself. *I know pre-event range sessions can get tiring and I'm sure several guys will attest to that. *For the event I changed teems and ended up playing with Bullfrog; along with V. Man and Toad. We had a great time and scored exactly the same! *The Fort set up great for my fade and I was able to hit some long drives thanks to the rolling hills. *Froggy and I gave it a good run but finished 2 shots out of first place. *We piled in the car and headed to Golf Smith after the round, *anyone suprised? *I putted around with the tank cruiser and picked up a new pair of shoes! *Dinner at Buca was great. I enjoyed listening to all talk of golf and THP. *Madness ensued at D&B and I managed to escape without taking a puck to the face!

An early wake up call had us moving to get to Prairie View in time for our tee time. *I was paired with GregDan, Rob, and Eric. *GregDan and I had met a few times last season and early this year but I had never shared a round with him. *He started slow but got HOT on the back 9. *Rob and Eric were great guys and I had a lot of fun. *As we said goodbye our event ended like any THP get together; *a bunch of grown men laughing and shaking hands in the middle of the parking lot!

A huge THANKS to Bridgestone, JB and Morgan, and Mike Dean for their efforts to put this weekend together. **I enjoy playing golf with THPers and the Indy invitational didn't disappoint!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I seem to reflect back on my first THP event when I think about this last weekend. *I can relate to those who experienced their first event this past weekend and I really enjoy reading their thoughts. *The last few days leading up to the weekend I found myself explaining to people that I'm leaving my wife to go play golf with guys who I know through the Internet and I always seem to get strange looks. *There isn't enough time in the day to express how awesome THP events are and how great the people are that attend. *This weekend really made my 28th birthday something to remember.

Friday started with an hour at the range before our tee time with Jman, Ricky, and Dan. *I was excited to meet James and Ricky in person. *Obviously I knew them from THP and had played Xbox with Ricky but sharing a round of golf was really special. **Dan and Ricky beat up on James and I. *After the round we figured out 4 golf bags would fit in my Nissan rouge so we were set to get to Indy. We didn't account for the luggage though and had to get creative with the packing. *Ricky is a packing savant though and there was a big cheer when we got the back hatch to lock! *A quick drive to Indy had us at Cheeseburger in Paradise in time for some delicious food. *Sharing some beer towers with old and new friends was great. *I really enjoyed putting faces to forum names.

Saturday was an early morning at the range and I definitely paced myself. *I know pre-event range sessions can get tiring and I'm sure several guys will attest to that. *For the event I changed teems and ended up playing with Bullfrog; along with V. Man and Toad. We had a great time and scored exactly the same! *The Fort set up great for my fade and I was able to hit some long drives thanks to the rolling hills. *Froggy and I gave it a good run but finished 2 shots out of first place. *We piled in the car and headed to Golf Smith after the round, *anyone suprised? *I putted around with the tank cruiser and picked up a new pair of shoes! *Dinner at Buca was great. I enjoyed listening to all talk of golf and THP. *Madness ensued at D&B and I managed to escape without taking a puck to the face!

An early wake up call had us moving to get to Prairie View in time for our tee time. *I was paired with GregDan, Rob, and Eric. *GregDan and I had met a few times last season and early this year but I had never shared a round with him. *He started slow but got HOT on the back 9. *Rob and Eric were great guys and I had a lot of fun. *As we said goodbye our event ended like any THP get together; *a bunch of grown men laughing and shaking hands in the middle of the parking lot!

A huge THANKS to Bridgestone, JB and Morgan, and Mike Dean for their efforts to put this weekend together. **I enjoy playing golf with THPers and the Indy invitational didn't disappoint!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Great meeting you man hopefully we can tee it up together sometime soon.

I will hopefully get to my recap tomorrow, been a week from hell at work, but I love reading all the recaps, it was such a fabulous weekend

I will hopefully get to my recap tomorrow, been a week from hell at work, but I love reading all the recaps, it was such a fabulous weekend

Don't lie, you're still in Indy, shacking up with the waitress from Cheeseburger In Paradise. Tell her I need an egg burger STAT.

I promise, my epic recap will be posted tomorrow (maybe even in three parts).

Don't lie, you're still in Indy, shacking up with the waitress from Cheeseburger In Paradise. Tell her I need an egg burger STAT.

I promise, my epic recap will be posted tomorrow (maybe even in three parts).

Damn Pete I can not keep any secrets with you here lol. Dang it I want to go back to cheeseburger in paradise now, if I lived in Indy I would weight 400 lbs lol

Ok here we go. Took me a few days to get out what I wanted to say since this whole weekend was a blast. First off if you have never gone to a THP event before, you have to. Makes golfing 100 times better. Putting faces with names and being able to chat with them is above all in what happens. So here we go

Friday-
Day started with the drive to Indy airport to pick up KC720. Shortly upon arriving, my man Kang landed and we finally met in person. We rushed over to Purgatory so we could get 9 in before meet and greet. After our awesome drive through the ghetto, we arrived to join the last foursome and make the fastest playing 6 some ever. Right before we hurry to tee off, Kang tells me that he's not sure he's gonna be able to hit the ball seeing he just got off the plane with no practice. Next thing you know the guy rips a 330 yard drive, almost driving the green. Had a blast out there with those guys and meeting some new people as well for the first time. After we were done, we headed out to cheeseburger in paradise where I met more thpers and laughs we're among us. Dinner was over so we headed back to hotel where Kang and I met up with some other thpers in the hallway where we decided to have a putt off. Everyone was there except Philly V because nobody could find him. After awhile we headed to bed to get some rest.

Saturday-
I got paired with tpluff for Saturday which I was thrilled about cause I have played with him before and know how cool of a guy he is. Upon arriving, what a awesome site to see so many people on the range hitting balls and talking. Just a absolute blast. We got in our carts and we're under way. Tyler and I got paired with coers and Ohio Stryker. These 2 guys were a great pairing and I had a killer time out there with you guys. I started my round out well and than slipped a little on last 4 holes but still shot good in my eyes. Always could count on tpluff to keep me focused but still remembered to laugh and have a good time. We shot well together on back 9 and I knew we were right up there towards the top. No matter where we finished, I knew I had best time of my life and Tyler, you can be my partner anyday. Congrats to Derek and Mike for winning, (I'm still the better Dean). After that couple of us ran to golfsmith and that's where I leave that at. Ran back to hotel and Kang and I went off to meet everyone else for dinner. Great times at dinner as the food and the company was great, Mike had a genius idea that we should continue on to Dave and Busters. Everyone thought that was a swell Idea so we made our way there. Than the madness began. Started off easy playing basketball and skeeball until someone discovered the carnage we call 4 way air hockey. Just a group of grown men going at it, ranting and raving was just pure awesomeness. Kang and I decided to head back to hotel as we were both tired.

Sunday-
Got paired with Rickus, vman and tpluff as he was traded to the dark side. I rode with Dev as he was someone I never met in person but I've played video games with. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed with this group (other than Tpluff shooting well below his Saturday score!) just kidding Tyler, it's all good. You can tell we were all drained from the weekend but still all of us were laughing. One of the best rounds ever in my book. I wish I could play more golf with these guys. Dev you are one hilarious dude and I hope you and vman spank some peeps at the MC. I also learned that it is rude for people to swing while others are talking on the tee box. Cant wait to use that one in my league.

Overall everyone I met was just fantastic people. Best invitational in my eyes. Now I can't wait til I can play in another THP event just to meet up with you guys again. Golf is just going to be ok from now until than. Just want to give thanks to KC720 and Tpluff for letting me use some parts to make a driver since CJ broke Mine! Didn't even bother me cause CJ is good people and I'm glad I have had the pleasure of meeting him.
One last thanks to Kang, thanks for letting me room with you, you are the nicest guy I ever met and I'm glad you allowed me to share it with you.
Sorry it was long

These are so fun to read yet so depressing that it's over lol four months of anticipation and one hell of a weekend makes me sad it's over

Now that work as slowed down for me some I can get my recap out of my head...

My weekend started on Thursday night with Darren K, Jkittles, JRMO and the lovely Kristen at a local brewery called Tow Yard Brewing on the Southside for some local beers and then over the Oldest Bar in Indy at the Slippery Noodle for some drinks, late night food, and blues music. After leaving there and standing around talking till about 1 in the morning we went home since I had to be at work Friday at like 9...

I did miss the extra round on Friday and Sunday but I didn't not miss the Friday night Meet and Greet. Again with Kristen by myside we made our way to the other end of town for some burgers and beer at Cheeseburger in Paradise. This one was much better than the one of our side of town....by a lot. Lots of great laughs, good food, good friends. Kristen did a great job holding her own as she always does. It wasn't her first experience around THP'ers as she was a vet of the Demo Day and Outing last year. It was a lot fun, even though the Pacers got beat by 50...We left there as the crowd was thinning some and went over caught up with JRMO, Skittles, Darren K., and Bogey over at another local place called Ale Emporium. They have about 40 different draft and 50 different bottled micros there. Had a beer with them and watch the waiter struggle mightly with simple tasks. He bailed there fairly quickly since I wanted to be at the course at 7 and Kristen had to be at work at 8:30.

Saturday morning came and I was at the course right at 7. After going in and saying hi to the Proshop guys and getting the lay of the land I headed down to the short game area to get some work in. After a while over there I headed over to the range to say hi to everyone and start to loosen up some. Its always awesome to walk on to a range at a THP event and see all the bags and faces and friends. Its really a very cool sight to see. I love it every time. Always brings a smile to my face.. Got a chance to meet Aaron (asmithandsomenumbers) who is a long time THP'er but just moved to Indy about a month ago. We are certainly planning on getting some rounds in together...great guy and looking forward to it.

My 4 ball on Saturday was with Parshooter36, who should go by Fairwayfinder36 or ImakeEVERYTHINGinside15feet, Spoosey and my partner O'Carroll. 3 great guys. It was a lot fun to play golf with these 3. I'd tee it up with them anytime. Andy (PS36) is going to be a MC killer. Dude doesn't hit it a mile, but its on a string everytime and it he can flat roll the rock. One of the best putters I have ever played with in THP event or anything for that matter. Shane is blast, great guy. Hits it a mile, always laughing, always smiling. And always looking for shade..haha. His game really came around on the back nine and started playing some great golf. O'Carroll was my partner for the round. Couldn't have asked for a better partner. He's got some game. Had me laughing, smiling and just made the round enjoyable. Hits the ball ton, his excitment for the MC was really showing anytime I asked about it. Happy to now call him a friend. Slighly jealous that he gets to hang out so much with ddec and nerfy....

Showered at the course after the round was over, and discovered that showers at the golf courses... A. Don't get very hot. B. Never have towels C. Have lights with no switches to turn them on. All three things have happened to me both times I have showered at the course after a THP event. Pro-Trip... Always be sure to have your own towels, and try to enjoy a cold shower in the dark.

Went to GS and GG afterwards and then over the Castleton Mall to kill some time and pick up a small gift for Kristen for putting up with me and my crazy internet friends all weekend and then over to Bucca for dinner. It was very tasty and enjoyable time. Kristen met up with us just the dinner was wrapping up and the deserts was coming out. After dinner about 25 of us went across the parking lot to Dave & Busters to act like 8 year olds that could drink...that was a blast. Had a bunch of fun there and managed to avoid the 4-way hockey and only got hit by one puck as a by-stander. Kristen and I wondered around had a couple of drinks, played all sorts of games, made it kind of a mini date night for the two of us..haha.

It was a great time and I'm glad that Kristen got to enjoy it with me and meet some of my internet friends who are really just friends. I made some more friends and finally got to meet people that I have wanted to meet. I'm sure that I didn't get to introduce myself to everyone and for that I'm sorry for the ones that I didn't meet.

Couple of quick shoutouts:

Canadan: Great to see you again old friend and enjoy the Bay Hill Poker Chip. We need a round together soon.
GregDan: Thanks for the SeeMore cover. Is perfect and will get rotated in with my other covers. We too need to get a round in again.
Dev: Enjoy that Yardage Book cover. You will rep Callaway in a great way at MC and it was great to finally meet you. Your just as nice in person as you are here.
JB and Mike: Thanks for bringing an event to my town. Look forward to seeing you two again soon.
Everyone Else: Thanks for coming to the event. I always knew that Indy could host a kick-ass event and it did! Thank you for coming to my town and enjoying it.

I think I got a little long winded there....

Keygan - it was great meeting you this weekend and there will be a round this summer with you, me and Canadan in it. Guaranteed.

Keygan - it was great meeting you this weekend and there will be a round this summer with you, me and Canadan in it. Guaranteed.

Thanks for the invite ya big jerk.

Back