What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I've been playing the 2013 Nike 20XI-X and am just about over it. I got a sleeve of Pro-V1x's from my assistant pro and loved them. Much better control around the greens, and they sound better to me off just about every club. I have one dozen 20XI left, and will be promptly switching to the Titleists after the Nike's run out.

While playing this weekend I tried out the Wilson Duo (rep at GolfSmith gave me a free 2-pack) - not a bad ball - long off the tee and irons - however on wedge shots I thought it felt like a rock. Also kept a very straight flight in the slight wind I was in.

Searched out the fifty elite and the nike pd soft in the ball basket at the club house and didn't like the fifty elite. The nike pd soft was pretty good but so far I still preffer the Callaway Super Softs and the nike mojo. The mojo seems to do well for me.

Chipped n putted with the bridgestone e5's... Not too fond of it off the putter face. Super Softs are still my fave.

As I mentioned in the Sponsor Thread, I am Supporting Srixon by using that ball until the MC--both to get ready for it and to compare the Z star vs the Z star XV.
I don't buy into the Driver swing speed being the only factor to determine the right ball, I am under the recommended speed for the XV, but man do I love that on my irons into the greens so far. Just sticking some really close the last couple of rounds with it and I am favoring it right now over the standard Z even if it is mental :) If I loose a yard or two off the driver but gain more control on the greens then it may be worth that trade off.

Played the TM Tour Preferred X, very long off the tee, very nice spinn with irons/wedges, and I really love it with my Seemore putter, awesome feel. Really liked it.

I concur with this statement. Other than I don't have a Seemore putter. I has a Ping mallet.

I played a Callaway Super Soft for 3 holes on Sunday and that ball is just crazy long for me. I hit a 6i out to 160 with roll out. My normal 6i is 150 with roll out. The ball just didn't spin around the green though and it went back in the bag.

Me too. Basically the same experience; went to the Duo instead.

Callaway HX Diablo Tour again. Man I love this ball. Great distance and plenty of spin for me. Have some of these and other balls, but I think these may be all I purchase for a while. For $35 for 2 dozen they're a good deal too.

I pulled out a dozen TM Lethal last week and played them for a total of 18 holes between Friday and yesterday. I forgot how much I love these! Feel/sound, distance, etc. I'm gonna have to order a couple more dozen of these soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can at least attest that the Hex Chrome+ is a pretty durable ball. Finally making its way to the shag bag after 27 holes. Today I was driving the ball a bit better, which meant hitting shorter approach shots. The Hex Chrome+ sticks to greens pretty good with short iron and wedge shots, and checks hard around the greens. Looking forward to putting a new one in play next time I tee it up, and just need to remember I can be more aggressive with my chips and pitches. It grabs, but not as much as the SR2 or Tour B330.

New FG Tour, I'm becoming quite the fan.

It's on my ponder list, any immediate things u noticed?

I just enjoy a lower compression ball, this has that but is really responsive for me into greens in that 50-95 range. Plus, it's been quite durable, just a solid golf ball all around.

I might grab a couple more dozen from academy, I dunno.

I just enjoy a lower compression ball, this has that but is really responsive for me into greens in that 50-95 range. Plus, it's been quite durable, just a solid golf ball all around.

I might grab a couple more dozen from academy, I dunno.

Same here love me some squishy balls...whoops

Last couple of rounds I've played some Callaway SR2's and the TM Project(a)'s. Really liked both of them, but for the money I was seriously impressed with the Project(a)'s.

I have a good supply of Chrome+'s, B330RX's and Z Stars. The last two are the previous versions as I can't make myself spend over $40 for a dozen golf balls but I digress... I like certain aspects of the Chrome+ on full shots and B330RX in the short game but I keep coming back to the Z Star. For me, that ball does everything I want and need it to. Work-ability, good distance, checks up well and a soft feel off the putter. I've transitioned into playing yellow exclusively as I can track it better in the air. All three are really good balls but at 27/doz. I loaded up on Z's and glad I did.

I put the Hex Black in play for half of the day. It stuck around until the 9th tee shot. Very lazy swing. Switch to a Callaway Hex something that I had never heard of. Need to go back and see what it actually was. It was one I found in my range bucket yesterday. It actually played pretty good.

Lethal was the ball of the day again long and straight down to my last sleeve also played a Project 5 for a couple of hole performed very similar to the lethal

2014 B330 has been my ball for last 4 rounds and have been impressed. Long off tee and still spins around greens. Durability has been OK too.

TaylorMade Tour Preferred X, the feel while putting is awesome. Wears quite fast though.

Found a Bridgestone e6 so thought I'd give it a go as bridgestone have recommended that ball in the past. First impressions are it felt like a rock. Also it's a horrible yellow. Both of those notes are comparing it to my usual gamer, the tour yellow Z star. As I got used to it though, it started to feel a little softer, it rolled out a little more than the Z star as you'd expect, I think it was a little longer than the Z star. It was definitely far straighter. Today I was carving it a little, but the e6 hit the fairway far more often than the Z star. Just not sure I want to give up that control into the greens.

Back on the B330RX train and loving it. Just works for me!

JM

Just reached into the bag yesterday and pulled out a ProV1. It was a solid ball, got decent distance from it on drives and irons. Problems was, hit a tree early in the round and it got cut. Played it a couple more before losing it. Pulled out a B330RX and didn't notice a difference. Was also a good ball off the tee and with irons, and great around the green. A bit more durable too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely have seen some distance gains since moving to the 2014 b330rx from the e6. Just feels so much better to me around the greens too although I'm not seeing the drastic increase in spin I was hoping for. I now know its my technique and not the ball, still love the distance and feel tho

Back