THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trending up last revision I'm figuring things out and trending back down. Need to get to the course and make sure my new insights continue to hold true.

I'm teetering between a 2.7 and 3.1 right now, it's just been a strange year, I'm hitting the ball really well but just can't get the score to reflect it yet in the handicap.

Same thing friend. It's like when the putter warms up, I can't give a reasonable chance. When the ball striking is good, I can't buy a putt.

My handicap hasn't dropped as fast or as far as I would like, but looking at OOB today, I've noticed that I've gotten a lot more consistent this year. Still plenty of work to do to get it to go lower, but as long as I can keep those high spikes under control, I think my game will come around to where I want it to be.

Handicap_zpsea8a9071.jpg

After my 72 yesterday, I am trending back down. As of now I will be a 5.8 moving to a 5.3.

After a bunch of decent scores I'm trending down from 5.5 to 5.2! Constantly heading in the right direction.

Slowly grinding it down. USGA has me trending down to 18.1...and that's not counting the 43 I shot a couple days ago I need to attach another decent 9 holes to. Feels good, man.

Slowly grinding it down. USGA has me trending down to 18.1...and that's not counting the 43 I shot a couple days ago I need to attach another decent 9 holes to. Feels good, man.

Dude you've been doing solid work. I'm sure you won't, but I hope once you break the 18 barrier, and the MC passes, you don't feel fully satisfied and put it in cruise control. Keep grinding!

Dude you've been doing solid work. I'm sure you won't, but I hope once you break the 18 barrier, and the MC passes, you don't feel fully satisfied and put it in cruise control. Keep grinding!

While I'll probably have to throttle down a bit, I see no reason I should let a bag full of custom sticks sit around and gather dust.

Had a solid round last weekend to finally stop the upward trend so far this year. Really hoping I've hit my stride and I can continue dropping - my goal was single digits or close this year, so if I can get down in the neighborhood of 11 or 12 over the next couple months, I'll be stoked.

Had a lesson this morning. Warming up on the range I hit everything well so we didn't bother with the full swing and went straight to the chipping area as I have a terrible short game. 2 things I need to work on, one: making sure I don't decelerate on the downswing, and two: not using my wrists.

With those 2 things in mind he told me if I want to really improve I should be spending about 2/3 of my practice time working on this part of my game.

I know its just a number and in the grand scheme of things it means nothing but I am damn proud with how far I have come. Started this year at 16.3. Entered todays score and the number I am trending to was a shocker for me.

u3u5a9aj.jpg

Atta boy Ricky.

I am throwing my goal in here just so I can look back Come September I would like to be down to a 4 or lower. I think I hit the ball well enough to get there. However I have a few mental hurdles to clear and I need to actually practice all aspects of my game.

I have been one to just grab the clubs and go play 18 without ever going to a range. No more I am going to take the time to get my golf game to where I will be happy with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I know its just a number and in the grand scheme of things it means nothing but I am damn proud with how far I have come. Started this year at 16.3. Entered todays score and the number I am trending to was a shocker for me.

u3u5a9aj.jpg

Ricky, in all honesty, I think that number can and should be even lower. You played your butt off Sunday in Indy and I came away very impressed. Next stop: single digits! You can do it buddy.

The following should be read from the bottom up.. (We do dd-mm-yyyy)

This is me this year:
full.png

FYI, this was me last year, or at least the start of the year:
full.png

Just about anything else then "qualifying card" is a match by the way.

Trending from 13.6 down to 12.7 after rounds of 83 yesterday and 87 today. Trending in the right direction, but I feel like I'm leaving so many strokes out there.

So I started the month of May at 16.8 and got it down to a 12.6. All the practice finally paying off. I'm satisfied with it, but far from happy I have a goal and when I get there I will enjoy it for a few minutes and then find another mountain to climb. I still leave way too many strokes on the green. I'd guess at least 7 if not more.

This is awesome buddy. I'm glad to see you're heading in the right direction! I'm really looking forward to our match!

Looking at my current scores it's going to take some good golf these next couple days/weeks to keep my handicap to trend low. The next 5-6 scores all are all mid to high 70's. It'll be a good test to keep that in mind while I keep playing and keep striving towards my goal.

Looking at my current scores it's going to take some good golf these next couple days/weeks to keep my handicap to trend low. The next 5-6 scores all are all mid to high 70's. It'll be a good test to keep that in mind while I keep playing and keep striving towards my goal.

Keep at it Jimmy. You're doing awesome man.

Trending from 20.4 to 19.5

OK ... I signed up ... Trying figure out how to ues app, but entered my first score today. Not sure what a handicap will do, but I'm going give it an honest try for a year. Wish the US handicap app allowed me to enter fairway hit, etc ...

But hey hey I am in!

First, Way to go Ricky! That's so awesome!

Second, I'm trending 11.2 right now. I won't get much golf in this week since my wife is traveling through Friday. I will try to sneak in 9 one day when working from home though and I'm playing Sunday with my normal group on a course that handed me my lunch, dinner and breakfast last year.

11.2? Wow holy cow thats impressive, well done dude, keep it up, cant wait to see the game in MB!

After entering todays round I am trending to 7.9. Crazy. Hopefully the continued work will allow for going lower

After entering todays round I am trending to 7.9. Crazy. Hopefully the continued work will allow for going lower

Atta boy buddy. Keep working and pushing. You definitely have the swing and the game to go low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back