THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 1.5 to a 1.0 after a handful of solid rounds, but none of them made me feel like I was really getting it done.

Yesterday reminded me how much I can play a draw, and while that's great on most courses, it spelled disaster on holes that had hard greens sloping from right to left. Also, playing short yardage and dealing with 60 yards shots -- I either need to get better with my course management, or spend countless hours sorting out that awful yardage.

I'm gonna say course management...A good golfer always reminds me to use good course management.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I went from a 31.9 to a 27.5, still high but moving in the right direction!

From 1.5 to a 1.0 after a handful of solid rounds, but none of them made me feel like I was really getting it done.

Yesterday reminded me how much I can play a draw, and while that's great on most courses, it spelled disaster on holes that had hard greens sloping from right to left. Also, playing short yardage and dealing with 60 yards shots -- I either need to get better with my course management, or spend countless hours sorting out that awful yardage.

Totally agree with you there Dan. A good golfer knows their strengths and will play to them. But something in me says you aren't playing that 6200 yard mark very often. 60 yard shots are the devil!

Well after a more respectful weekend I will be trending back down to a 5.8 from a 6.1. I think I have finally found my swing again and it should lead to my lower scores.

After a solid couple rounds I'm trending down .2! Love being able to post these good scores and see my goal become more and more attainable.

Avoid that yardage like the plague

I'm gonna say course management...A good golfer always reminds me to use good course management.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I gotta agree with these guys Capt. I saw another post you made even if you practice the yardage and get proficient with the yardage it all depends on the pin placement. Sounds like you just didn't really focus on giving yourself a shot you're comfortable with. I saw practice it, but also play to your strengths ultimately thats what will have you going low!

Trending from an 11.7 down to a 10.2 after a 79 this weekend. Finally playing closer to my "potential" and feel like my game is really starting to come around.

I just need to get my tee game to transfer from the range to the course. I think that's my biggest hurdle that has me plateau'd at 17-18.

Trending from an 11.7 down to a 10.2 after a 79 this weekend. Finally playing closer to my "potential" and feel like my game is really starting to come around.

That is awesome dude. So happy for you. Also pretty excited that if we play, we are virtually even now. #IKidIKid but I am so happy to see this start to pay off.

I just need to get my tee game to transfer from the range to the course. I think that's my biggest hurdle that has me plateau'd at 17-18.

Now that you have gotten into a big huge THP Event that is competition based, are you planning to work with anybody? What is your plan of attack to improve?

To know where you came from early in 2013 to this point is pretty amazing. Of course, I hate you because your handicap is dropping AND you have a new baby at home. I have zero excuses now. :alien:

Now that you have gotten into a big huge THP Event that is competition based, are you planning to work with anybody? What is your plan of attack to improve?

I've got a guy at Seminole here who helps me. I practice at least one day after work each week, plus before and after rounds on the weekends. My plan is to figure out why I can hit the driver on the range into a 15 yard window, and why I can't hit a fairway once I get out on the course. There's got to be some sort of mental disconnect there that's not letting me put the same swing on the ball once its being counted.

I've got a guy at Seminole here who helps me. I practice at least one day after work each week, plus before and after rounds on the weekends. My plan is to figure out why I can hit the driver on the range into a 15 yard window, and why I can't hit a fairway once I get out on the course. There's got to be some sort of mental disconnect there that's not letting me put the same swing on the ball once its being counted.

Setting certain index goals for yourself?
Do you think it is a mental issue and not a swing issue?

I believe I already posted in here but I am trending down to a 13.9 from a 16.4 to start the year. People always say it is easier for higher cappers to lower their HCP quicker but it has been a struggle and has taken ALOT of blood and sweat to get that to that number. I am hoping to get to a 12 before the MC. That is my goal.

Have been going back and forth from 11.1 to 11.3. It all comes down to putting. I have been putting in good work with my SPi instructor so its coming along

Down another 0.2. My iron play has been great, been staying out of trouble off the tee, putting good, chipping and bunker play has been absolutely terrible.

Scheduled a lesson today to fix the short game.

Setting certain index goals for yourself?
Do you think it is a mental issue and not a swing issue?

I think if I can get squared away off the tee, I can drop my index significantly and start shooting new bests. I also imagine its both a mental and swing issue, and one is begetting the other in a vicious circle. Is the swing I know works not being made because I'm on the course? Do I not have enough confidence in the swing because of how its failed me once I move from the range? These are all things I've been working on trying to improve my game. I'm confident with my irons, my chipping has improved dramatically and I can't remember the last time I averaged over 2 putts a hole. Getting off the tee reliably is what I need to focus on.

To know where you came from early in 2013 to this point is pretty amazing. Of course, I hate you because your handicap is dropping AND you have a new baby at home. I have zero excuses now. :alien:

That is awesome dude. So happy for you. Also pretty excited that if we play, we are virtually even now. #IKidIKid but I am so happy to see this start to pay off.

Thanks guys, it's been an awesome journey, but I've worked my tail off trying to get there. I'm excited to play golf again JB, you saw a very raw dcbrad in FL in March, not a very good representation of the overall body of work.

I'll take you on straight up, #HandicapsBeDamned

Tell me about it. I played with this guy in Ohio last spring when he had like 11 clubs and one of them was a Niner.

B-Rad has made some serious leaps and bounds with his game. I'm really looking forward to the practice round with him. I'm not really looking forward to making him cry about his team losing the MC, though. That will be tough.

My partna!!! Dude you have been putting serious work and talking with you often has kept me motivated.

After a couple swing changes I had climbed all the way up to 10.8 from 9.9. Now I am trending to 8.3. Still inconsistent and the course management is still work in progress. I need to convince myself to hit the meat of the green instead of looking only at the pin. More work to be done and I will continue to grind

I believe I already posted in here but I am trending down to a 13.9 from a 16.4 to start the year. People always say it is easier for higher cappers to lower their HCP quicker but it has been a struggle and has taken ALOT of blood and sweat to get that to that number. I am hoping to get to a 12 before the MC. That is my goal.

It sure has, but it's also been a lot of fun. My MC goal is 16, and I know I'm just a few improving rounds from that number. My golf blitz starts this weekend, and I plan to have a lower cap and some solid callouses by the end of July.

So I started the month of May at 16.8 and got it down to a 12.6. All the practice finally paying off. I'm satisfied with it, but far from happy I have a goal and when I get there I will enjoy it for a few minutes and then find another mountain to climb. I still leave way too many strokes on the green. I'd guess at least 7 if not more.

Tell me about it. I played with this guy in Ohio last spring when he had like 11 clubs and one of them was a Niner.

B-Rad has made some serious leaps and bounds with his game. I'm really looking forward to the practice round with him. I'm not really looking forward to making him cry about his team losing the MC, though. That will be tough.

At least we'll have Shandy and Redd's during our practice round.

I'm teetering between a 2.7 and 3.1 right now, it's just been a strange year, I'm hitting the ball really well but just can't get the score to reflect it yet in the handicap.

currently at 10.6 but trending at 10.3...so close to that magical single digit level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back