2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Today's round was as they say in France "NO Bueno", I thought many times today about the Grandaddy.
I might just be down right now after today.

I can and will be playing my best come end of the year, but I doubt that I will be a 12 AT BEST.

I seriously had hoped to punch a ticket into a "Grand Event", however, I don't think I stack up to and deserve those type of events at this time.

#DreamOver

I will be fully supporting The great THP'ers that will be experiencing this grand event.

Dude as long as you're working, that's what matters. You have a desire to improve. And to me it's better to be a higher hdcp and have that desire, than to be a lower hdcp and not want to put in work.

Today's round was as they say in France "NO Bueno", I thought many times today about the Grandaddy.

I can and will be playing my best come end of the year, but I doubt that I will be a 12 AT BEST.

I seriously had hoped to punch a ticket into a "Grand Event", however, I don't think I stack up to and deserve those type of events at this time.

#DreamOver

I will be fully supporting The great THP'ers that will be experiencing this grand event.

Don't talk like that Michigan slice. Lots of prep time still ahead

#DreamOver

CJ, I mean this politely, but shut it.

Like I told you this Sunday, you have come a LONG way, and you WANT to. With that I know you can put in the work and have the drive to take it as far as you want. I wouldn't hesitate to have you on my team. I mean that.

Plus, when Finley saw you walk up to him me might wet himself.

#DreamOver

#DreamOn

CJ keep working at it think of the strides you have made. We all have bad days. Instead of letting your bad rounds get you down and make you think you can never get to a certain cap use your bad days as motivation.

You have a love for the game that is unparalleled to almost anyone I have ever met. You can tell you love it just by talking to you for a few minutes . Nothing can stand in your way of a goal if you set your mind to it with that kind of love and drive in this game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Like I told you this Sunday, you have come a LONG way, and you WANT to. With that I know you can put in the work and have the drive to take it as far as you want. I wouldn't hesitate to have you on my team. I mean that.

Plus, when Finley saw you walk up to him me might wet himself.

I mean if you want to surround yourself with bigger guys..... #hittingthegymhard

I got no problem with having a few big guys on the team ;)

#DreamOver

I have to agree with James here. In the last 6 months, I've watched you go from Michigan Slice to Michigan Butter Cut. Keep it up and you may see that 12 handicap sooner than you realize.

Just a bad day fellas, thank you all for the kind words.
Thank you for the encouragement.

I am regretful for bringing negativity into this great thread, it does not belong.

Now, let's get this back on topic please!

Confidence, Practice, Dedication.

That is what it boils down to Michigan Slice. And I guess a bit of luck in being chosen.

Keep up the hard work!

2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Worked on this event a little today. The Zoo Crew is all looking forward to it and we will have another great event this year. Is it December yet? JB should be posting some details soon (and no, that does not mean right now everyone).

JB, please confirm only 9 spots are open after my whipping boy is included! Sorry, can't resist.

This is what I like to hear. Planning for the DOS. But don't look to far down the road. Your psyche will be all but destroyed after September. You'll be looking for the easiest match your can find. That may or may not be available but I'm not sure you'll have the will to continue in after dispensed like a melted snickers bar that has melted in the California sun.

Last edited:
Really trying to get my ticket punched as I missed out on the Morgan Cup, The Gauntlet, The King, and every other kick arse event.

As the great Happy would say, "They saw my power. They won't dog me this year....at #TheGrandaddy!"

Definitely not holding anything back when it comes to getting into this one...

#DreamOver

Come on CJ, I know you better than that.

Here is how I see it. As it currently stands, Finley has to give me .... oh ... about 20+ strokes if we went head to head. I mean, he's a 5 handicap. At least he should be ... given that all he has to do each day is tweet and play golf. He really has no excuse.

We on the other hand are in the midst of our #JourneyToBetter. Together we have maybe 3 years golf experience total? Our jobs don't involve putting greens, the best golf technology available to mankind, or even environments conducive to golfing. I'm willing to say, right here, right now ... I'll easily be able to split the difference on the strokes given because I know that by December I'll be on the top of my game. I'm willing to bet that you'll be in the same boat and that either one of us can come out the victor.

Come on CJ, I know you better than that.

Here is how I see it. As it currently stands, Finley has to give me .... oh ... about 20+ strokes if we went head to head. I mean, he's a 5 handicap. At least he should be ... given that all he has to do each day is tweet and play golf. He really has no excuse.

We on the other hand are in the midst of our #JourneyToBetter. Together we have maybe 3 years golf experience total? Our jobs don't involve putting greens, the best golf technology available to mankind, or even environments conducive to golfing. I'm willing to say, right here, right now ... I'll easily be able to split the difference on the strokes given because I know that by December I'll be on the top of my game. I'm willing to bet that you'll be in the same boat and that either one of us can come out the victor.

true this. I have dropped 3 strokes since april and 8 since I joined THP last spring and we are just hitting the golf season here in NJ. Come on 15.

Too much worrying going on in here....the THP way is to play hard and have fun. Beating the bad guy's brains out is simply a joyous byproduct of the other stuff. #bringiton

Probably going to take a pass on this event. But I will be following closely. Good luck to everyone who enters! Be sure to kick some #ZooCrew behind!

Hit the reset button!

Pretty good range session, Played golf using a scorecard I had in the bag, It was a lot of fun.
I WILL be ready! I know struggles will be there, that it wont be easy, But I WILL put the work in!

Hit the reset button!

Pretty good range session, Played golf using a scorecard I had in the bag, It was a lot of fun.
I WILL be ready! I know struggles will be there, that it wont be easy, But I WILL put the work in!

There you go buddy! Learn from the down times and turn em into something positive.

Hit the reset button!

Amazing how much better you swing when your heads not in the way :) keep it up

I have no doubt you will be ready for this event. I for one hope you get in because your Journey to better is the stuff of legends.
Hit the reset button!

Keep up the hard work CJ. I'm hoping to join you!!

Hit the reset button!

Nice this is awesome to see. That is what I am talking about. Your motivation and dedication is contagious

Announcement

Dates for #TheGrandaddy
Decemeber 8-11

Back