THP West Coast Event - Coming?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As you guys figured from our West Coast "suggestion" thread, THP might be bringing some cool stuff to the opposite coast next year and want your input as always. We have some ideas on what we are doing and here is what we can tell you.

It will not be an Invitational
It will be a stay and play event most likely
It will be Albatross Club Only (all of our events are)
It is going to be a grand event

Are we bringing one? More? With a company? Well, we won't give up any of that info as of yet, but we will tell you that there is a very strong chance that there will be an event out there (another one since #TheGrandaddy is there also) and we want to here from you.

Use this thread to show cities and areas you like.
Use this thread to rattle off golf courses.
Use this thread to show whether or not you have an interest in a west coast event or swing.

Give us your thoughts.

Depend on the logistics but I love so-cal and would be interested in an event out there. Would be even better to see some of the golf company headquarters in Carlsbad as part of the trip. Always wanted to go to some out there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Unsure how feasible but I would love to travel to an event around Bandon Dunes/Oregon, that area.

Just tell me when, where, how much and I'll make it happen. San Diego would be preferred so I can make a week out of it, but I will stay and play in Scottsdale as well.

San Diego:

Aviara
La Costa

Scottsdale:

Talking Stick
Troon North/Four Season Troon North

I love California, especially San Diego, though I would not be opposed to exploring other states and areas out that way. Feasibility would be much higher if this was a spouse friendly event.

First, THANK YOU for coming west.

Second, yes, I am definitely interested.

Cities and areas...the PNW is beautiful but I don't think we set up especially well for one of these events, at least not now. I lived in So. Cal and the Bay Area for several years. San Francisco is a great place to visit. The greater Orange County area can be fun, with a special nod to the coastal communities. I have visited SD numerous times and love it. Phoenix is fun.

Most of the courses in those cities that I have played are either not THP worthy or private and potentially not available. I'll leave it to others to name courses. If I had to list a dream course it might be something like Riviera, which looks incredible on TV.

• Admin
First, THANK YOU for coming west.

Might be, T4k. The good news is that you have known your schedule has been a road block on so many other events, but are opening it up for this one regardless. Love the commitment.

A west coast event, I'm in. I like the idea of Arizona or SoCal desert area.

Indian Wells comes to mind but I know the Grandaddy is in same area. LaCosta but might be cost prohibitive. Vegas is always nice but not for everyone, still worth a mention.

I have a few ideas.....lol

West Coast Event - YESSSSSSSSSS!

I do like the idea of Carlsbad area and perhaps seeing some of the OEM facilities. La Costa would be a nice couse to play there.

I also like the idea of Poppy Hills in Monterey, but logistics getting there might be tough as the location is a bit remote.

I'd also travel to Arizona. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys and gal cook up.

I'm with Fupresti. Just tell me when, where, and how much.

Like the west coast getting some love! Tons of great members out there that will travel.

Unsure how feasible but I would love to travel to an event around Bandon Dunes/Oregon, that area.

I would love a west coast golf trip & like #Cookie says if Bandon is even a possibility I'm in.

I would be interested in a trip out to the West Coast for an event, but would need to know the dates well in advance (multiple months) to get the time off from work, since I'd likely use up a 1/2 day getting there and a full day getting home with the flight times.

Areas that I would be interested in: Phoenix/Scottsdale, San Diego. Those 2 are listed because of proximity to airports and availability of resorts/courses within a reasonable driving distance of those airports. I've never been to San Diego, but it would be fun to have an event there if it was tied into one (or more) golf company, similar to how the Adams event was done in DFW earlier this year. Courses that I enjoyed in Arizona: We-Ko-Pa, Talking Stick, Grayhawk.

I'm with Fupresti. Just tell me when, where, and how much.

No shocker here.

I like the west coast every now and then, I've now been to vegas, scottsdale and San Diego and have enjoyed the golf in all 3 places

San Diego would be my first choice and might be one of the accessible west coast cities, despite LA area having about 4 airports.

Would love a company tie in. TMAG or Cobra Puma would be incredible.

Looks like 2015 could be another tough year of choices. So many great events. No enough Vacation time.

Can you imagine being at Bandon with 40 Or so THP'ers.

I would have to resist breaking into the retirement savings for that one!!

Thank you THP for some WC love

I think the the SF BayArea would be an ideal place since it is a multiple day event there is a ton to do for the significant others that might come along plus the weather is hard to beat

No shocker here.

I like the west coast every now and then, I've now been to vegas, scottsdale and San Diego and have enjoyed the golf in all 3 places

You should try the north part of CA

HECK YES.

I'm obviously biased, but if it is in Cali or Zona, I'm in!

If we go SoCal, I'll straight up offer a carpool from one of the local airports (LAX/BUR/LBC) to the event.

I'm most comfortable speaking about SoCal courses, anything from La Costa, Aviara, Omni, Morongo, Pechanga, Barona, Temecula Creek, Industry Hills, Trump National, Pelican Hill, Oak Creek, Strawberry Farms. Heck, I'd even throw out Brookside in Pasadena (not during Football season though!)

If I had to list a dream course it might be something like Riviera, which looks incredible on TV.

I've only walked it for the Northern Trust Open, (I did miss one opportunity to play) and I agree. Dream course. Sitting in that Canyon. So pretty.

I've only ever been to Utah, and I was a young kid. I've always wanted to play out there. So I could definitely be interested. Wish I had something worth while as far as input.

While it's highly unlikely I will attend I can recommend La Costa near Carlsbad and Monarch Beach at Dana Point. Monarch Beach is a RTJ course and has a couple of holes right on the beach.

A West Coast swing sounds awesome & I will definitely be there!

So many great areas in California have exceptional golf, some of the standouts being San Diego, Monterey, Sacramento, Palm Springs etc. I would love to cross off a bucket list course with my fellow THPers!

Back