The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

There is a golf course down here that used to be quite popular, Forrest Lakes Golf and CC. It fell on hard times and shut down. A company just purchased the land and is renovating the entire course to reopen it next year.

My wife found a house that she loves, and it's on the course that will be redone and reopened next year.

This excites me.

That's sweet. You live on the course do you get a break on the golf?

That's sweet. You live on the course do you get a break on the golf?
No idea dude, no clue what they will do when they reopen.

There is a golf course down here that used to be quite popular, Forrest Lakes Golf and CC. It fell on hard times and shut down. A company just purchased the land and is renovating the entire course to reopen it next year.

My wife found a house that she loves, and it's on the course that will be redone and reopened next year.

This excites me.

The mother of all win/win

I just google mapped it. From what I can tell, its on a Par 5, roughly a wedge away from the green...

Room for my own room or do I get a fouton?

Seperate note our house will hit the market on July 10 hoping to sell it and buy another as close to at the same time as possible.

Seperate note our house will hit the market on July 10 hoping to sell it and buy another as close to at the same time as possible.

Make sure the previous buyer has done inspections before you start looking aggressively. Nothing worse than finding something you like and then surprise, the buyer walks. Now you're in a very awkward situation

Starting my new job recently put me in a tough position on finding a new home. We moved out of the home we had a chance to buy last year because my plan was to move to Indy for an accounting job when I graduated here this fall and didn't want to buy a house and sell it a year later. Sure enough I get this great job offer here that I took and now a bank won't give me a loan to buy a home for 2 years. Found a home we liked that was available for lease, it was on the market for 9 months, and the day we contacted our realtor to see the home some people heard someone else was looking at it and they called right away to have the paperwork sent over so they got it before us. Now I'm not having any luck finding anything that someone is willing to lease to us for 2 years before we can buy...

This excites me.

Now we are talking! That is awesome dude. I hope you get it!

Guess it's time to bring this thread back from the cobwebs...

We finally got everything approved and signed by the bank a couple of weeks ago. On Saturday we started setting up the batter boards and the utility company will be setting poles and running our electricity sometime in the next month or so.

The utility company got our electricity ran (took 5 poles) and installed our night light a few weeks ago.
We've already purchased a large portion of the lumber and have it in storage. If the weather cooperates, we will break ground next week. It's about to get real! Haha!

The utility company got our electricity ran (took 5 poles) and installed our night light a few weeks ago.
We've already purchased a large portion of the lumber and have it in storage. If the weather cooperates, we will break ground next week. It's about to get real! Haha!

Congratulations on getting started. We had our house built about 13 years ago. It was quite the fun process.

Congratulations on getting started. We had our house built about 13 years ago. It was quite the fun process.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting situated and having a house with more room, a man cave and not being surrounded by neighbors.

Well, the house is finally getting above dirt level. Just started laying a few blocks yesterday. It's going to be a slow go, but we are looking forward it.
Also got the bill for 8 loads of concrete in the mail today... Ugh!

E3435975-B3A7-4A98-B60B-B3783FEC01DA_zpsjilsjqyf.jpg

Looks like I'll be spending some more time in this thread over the next couple months. Had a realtor in for a meeting yesterday, and will be putting the house up for sale next week. I'm not overly excited to go through the process, but he's pretty confident we're going to make a bit of money or break even at worst case on this place, which is great news to me.

Just time to find something that suits where my wife and I are headed in the next couple years. We've got an awesome 'common' room that is great for the winter time, but I need an office with a door more than anything, and we'd like to upgrade to a slightly better neighbourhood, as right now, improving our home does nothing for resale (we're in one of the larger homes in the development).

I think the hardest part is going to be keeping her in check. I've got a number in mind, but the jump in quality is incredibly obvious when you move past it a bit.

Looks like I'll be spending some more time in this thread over the next couple months. Had a realtor in for a meeting yesterday, and will be putting the house up for sale next week. I'm not overly excited to go through the process, but he's pretty confident we're going to make a bit of money or break even at worst case on this place, which is great news to me.

Just time to find something that suits where my wife and I are headed in the next couple years. We've got an awesome 'common' room that is great for the winter time, but I need an office with a door more than anything, and we'd like to upgrade to a slightly better neighbourhood, as right now, improving our home does nothing for resale (we're in one of the larger homes in the development).

I think the hardest part is going to be keeping her in check. I've got a number in mind, but the jump in quality is incredibly obvious when you move past it a bit.

Got an area in mind you are looking to move to?

Florida is a wonderful place to live...

Got an area in mind you are looking to move to?

Probably not far. Nothing crazy, and proximity to the course is definitely going to play a factor.

I just want something a bit newer, with a more level yard with a larger percentage of grass vs garden.

Probably not far. Nothing crazy, and proximity to the course is definitely going to play a factor.

I just want something a bit newer, with a more level yard with a larger percentage of grass vs garden.

Nothing wrong with those wants. Good luck buddy

Back