The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the company I work for is being bought by a MUCH larger company, just announced today. Now things get interesting...

So, the company I work for is being bought by a MUCH larger company, just announced today. Now things get interesting...

Been through it twice in the past two years. One on your side and one being the bigger fish. What field are you in? I'm in finance and all we heard was 'Synergy'.

Just heard about a potential job opening in Tifton, GA. Same line of work I am doing here, but they have a larger budget and newer facilities.

Just heard about a potential job opening in Tifton, GA. Same line of work I am doing here, but they have a larger budget and newer facilities.

Its about 35 miles from me. Has a great local course and many surriunding courses..oh, and the job is probably good too...lol

Got some time to ponder it?

Its about 35 miles from me. Has a great local course and many surriunding courses..oh, and the job is probably good too...lol
The job is good. I may actually be able to negotiate a pay increase as well if I got it. Not sure the wife wants to move from our current locale though ... too many friends and all our family is now "local-ish" (within a 60 mile radius). Nothing stopping me from applying though. :wink:

Got some time to ponder it?
Yeah I do. The way our HR is currently functioning it'll be at least 4 to 6 months before the position gets posted. If someone cashes in some political capital, maybe sooner ... will just have to keep my eyes peeled.

The job is good. I may actually be able to negotiate a pay increase as well if I got it. Not sure the wife wants to move from our current locale though ... too many friends and all our family is now "local-ish" (within a 60 mile radius). Nothing stopping me from applying though. :wink:

Yeah I do. The way our HR is currently functioning it'll be at least 4 to 6 months before the position gets posted. If someone cashes in some political capital, maybe sooner ... will just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Thats good, I remember when I worked for GE you had like a week or 2 at most...crazy

Thats good, I remember when I worked for GE you had like a week or 2 at most...crazy
I guess there is something to be said for dysfunction. :D Wouldn't be terribly upset if I missed the opportunity to apply for this position, and it could be struck down by our Director if she decides she wants/needs me where I currently am. I figure it doesn't hurt to try though.

Getting down to 163 is pretty cool, but it's kind of a dead zone for waist sizes. Lots of size 34 shorts and lots of size 32 shorts. Size 33 are hard to come by.

Getting down to 163 is pretty cool, but it's kind of a dead zone for waist sizes. Lots of size 34 shorts and lots of size 32 shorts. Size 33 are hard to come by.

I'm 185 and right in between 32 and 34. It's annoying.

I'm 185 and right in between 32 and 34. It's annoying.

Long pants are easier to find, but it's summertime, and long pants are a long way away.

Why don't they make 33's? I find 31's and 35's all the eff over the place.

Had trouble falling asleep last night, I was thinking about golf balls.

Then I had two dreams about golfing.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME?????

debating if I go play this morning I am up and the schedule is clear what say you my internet friends

I'm a 33 waist. Not that hard to find if you go online and shop.

Super random request, can anyone with an Android device try to go to www.brendawade.com and see if the website is working.

It even works and looks great in the Maxthon browser (HTC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back