2014 Morgan Cup - Media Day Is Now Staff Sponsor Day

Green range and bundles of joy!

How in the world are we a mere 49 days away?!?

7 Weeks from today is Christmas for me and 39 of the fellas

In all fairness, I think this will top Christmas in terms of gifts received. Would you rather have socks and underwear or staff bags and golf clubs?

It will be like a grown fellas Chuck E Cheese out there

I can't believe this is 7 weeks away. That's not a lot of time left at all!

Still get to the part where we start to move over to the appointed area (on time of course!), but then it just gets gray and I cant see anything else.........

That will change soon though.

JM

I get to hang out with Jaime Lynn and Bullfrog or Numbers won't be there to make it weird.

I'm excited for all of you guys, that day will be a blast.

What I'm wondering is after all of the official events are done, how many guys will be grinding away on the range or getting a practice round in late on Friday afternoon to get more comfortable with their new sticks. I realize it's a bit of a different situation this year, but I played a casual round last year on that Friday afternoon with my brother and dad, and really hit it well that day so the confidence carried over into the weekend. Will be interesting to see who puts in more work on Friday afternoon vs. those that want to relax a bit before the competition starts on Saturday.

I will probably grab a few guys and head out for a nice 9 holes before dinner to get a feel for the new gear. Nothing heavy just a nice lazy 9 hitting a few shots with each club.

What I'm wondering is after all of the official events are done, how many guys will be grinding away on the range or getting a practice round in late on Friday afternoon to get more comfortable with their new sticks. I realize it's a bit of a different situation this year, but I played a casual round last year on that Friday afternoon with my brother and dad, and really hit it well that day so the confidence carried over into the weekend. Will be interesting to see who puts in more work on Friday afternoon vs. those that want to relax a bit before the competition starts on Saturday.

I think the Caledonia short game area will be calling my name

I'll be showering and getting ready for dinner :)

Sponsor Day range time and the nine holes we are playing should be plenty for me.

There is already 9 holes being played on Friday.
Its part of Staff Sponsor Day.

The 9 thats part of the day is all Im looking to play. That and range should do the trick.

Yep that's what I'm talking about.

I will probably hit the range for a bit. Originally I was planning on the short game area, but since I already have the wedges in the bag I should be used to them by July. Last year a small group of us went to PGA SS and it was a fun trip indeed.

No plans to golf more than the 9 that's already included, but the practice green will be my office until dinner. Less concerned about it now that I've got a true balance putter coming my way to get acquainted with, but putting is still going to be where the cup is won or lost.

After we play our 9 as part of Staff Sponsor day and our other duties are taken care of, I may either hit the range or go out again depending on how much time we have.

Which is why I stated "after all of the official events are done." I'm just curious, to be honest. Take a bunch of THPers and put new clubs in their hands, and all this talk of "I'm only playing 9 holes that day" may go away. :wink:

I'm thinking I'll be found on the practice area getting the distances dialed in and then in the short game area trying some shots.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Which is why I stated "after all of the official events are done." I'm just curious, to be honest. Take a bunch of THPers and put new clubs in their hands, and all this talk of "I'm only playing 9 holes that day" may go away. :wink:

Im probably more inclined to grind it out on the range if I need more time, especially if I play 36 the day before.

Most people have spent considerable demo time or already own most of the clubs anyway, but I'm sure some will want a little more getting to know you time. I expect most of us CGSrixon folks will have items we've never even seen in person before, which will be interesting, but it's golf clubs. I'm not really stressing it. I'd rather conserve a little energy for the weekend.

Since I have the wedges, putter and Driver in the bag already and playing, I won't probably play any more golf then the 9 holes that is part of the day. I'll probably just hang out and get the distances for the irons down and swing the 4W a bit to get used to it. All in all, I'll be hanging out at the range and then getting ready for an epic dinner.

Most people have spent considerable demo time or already own most of the clubs anyway, but I'm sure some will want a little more getting to know you time. I expect most of us CGSrixon folks will have items we've never even seen in person before, which will be interesting, but it's golf clubs. I'm not really stressing it.

yeah, what ^^^ said, plus IM riding his coattails Saturday anyhow

And when i say hanging out at the range, it's going to more about socializing with everyone that is there and having some fun than it is about being serious about grinding out practice time. Thanks for hopping in and asking questions Amol!

Back