BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
YESSIR Right here - oh look a squirrel hahahahaha

Yup I've been gifted with it too.

If you are in my group, you are usually playing so fast everything is a blur anyway. :D

And of course I am not diminishing this troublesome issue.

It can be a gift of sorts when it comes to golf, but for relationships, not so much. At least that what my ex said..I think, I wasn't really paying attention.

Playing fast when the mind is going fast just means the brain approaches ludicrous speeds. Or, you really never really do focus :/

Neat article. Makes a lot of sense.

I was diagnosed ADHD back in the mid 80's. I can relate to a lot of that article. But one thing that it doesn't mention is the lack of ability to multitask on the course. For example, I want to take photos and videos and post live updates on my rounds but when I start doing that I end up losing my focus over the shot because I have too much going on. I can have laser like focus standing over my shot, but it does come at the cost of focusing on anything else.

I havent been officially diagnosed but over the last few months my new bride as diagnosed me.

I actually have felt I suffered through this for years and we started a new supplemental regime and I can really tell a difference. My clarity and focus has never been better

I was diagnosed ADHD back in the mid 80's. I can relate to a lot of that article. But one thing that it doesn't mention is the lack of ability to multitask on the course. For example, I want to take photos and videos and post live updates on my rounds but when I start doing that I end up losing my focus over the shot because I have too much going on. I can have laser like focus standing over my shot, but it does come at the cost of focusing on anything else.

I have gone out several times this year with the intention of doing an HOTD, then realized I completely forgot about it. lol

I'm right there with you guys. :wavey: It's near impossible for me to focus on more than one thing at a time and muti tasking is not one of my strengths.

I'm pretty sure I hyperfocus on Golf because I can never own or master it, no matter how much I have tried, and I tend to lose interest in things where I feel like I have gained a degree of mastery. Other times I just sort of get burned out from the hyperfocusing, but I never get burned out on golf. I've tried to swear it off numerous times when things were going bad, but I just cant seem to stay away.

This describes me perfectly:

"Golf is the ideal ADD sport," says psychologist Edward M. Hallowell, a renowned ADD expert and co-author of Driven to Distraction. "You get a fresh opportunity every time, so it's one surprise after another. The combination of structure, novelty and motivation, wherever you find that, the mind tends to focus. When you set up to a golf shot, you've got all three."

I've been diagnosed, but never wanted to take medication for it. I think it plays a role in my disdain for slow play, it is impossible for me to focus when having to wait. I would bet my top 5 rounds have all been played in 3:15 or less.

I have never felt like I benefit from my ADD in golf, but maybe I do.

I havent been officially diagnosed but over the last few months my new bride as diagnosed me.

I actually have felt I suffered through this for years and we started a new supplemental regime and I can really tell a difference. My clarity and focus has never been better

Which supplements?

I've been diagnosed, but never wanted to take medication for it. I think it plays a role in my disdain for slow play, it is impossible for me to focus when having to wait. I would bet my top 5 rounds have all been played in 3:15 or less.

I have never felt like I benefit from my ADD in golf, but maybe I do.

I can help and hurt at times imo

I have had times on the range where I "found" something that worked great, hit 847 million more balls to try and keep that feeling, end up with a sore back, and then be a little stiff the next day when I go out to hit some more or play.

Interesting article, and something I directly relate to. I was diagnosed with ADD about 4 years ago after my inability to focus and complete tasks was beginning to affect my work. I started taking something for it (can't remember the name of the drug) and while I was able to focus a bit better, the side effect of sweating like a contestant on the biggest loser really turned me off to meds. I wasn't really playing golf at the time so I can't report on that, but off the meds I do see that I play much better under pressure than I do in a casual round as I'm not as focused or stimulated. I have been thinking about trying a different med soon and will report back if I do.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Did not have ADD back in my day ... (mom or dad whipped your little butt if you got out of line and could not it still)

but if they did, I would have been the poster child ...

ADD here. Meds only help me a little. On the course I'm very distracted by just about anything.

TBH I don't know a lot of people who can focus on taking pictures, videos and posting things on social media AND have a laser focus on their game. I don't think that's ADHD, i think it's the limitations of the human mind tbh. When i get locked in, i typically don't have my cell phone out or anything and like another poster said the pace is pretty strong.

Doesn't help me. Exhibit one: "Strong wind from front left, I need at least one club more and aim left. Nice squirrel. Ok, the green is clear, 135m, perfect 7 iron. Nice practice swing, now repeat that. Great shot, straight towards the flag. Front right bunker?? Oh, it is a bit windy here, should have taken a 6i and aimed left..."

Wow, I amazed at how many of us there are on here. Diagnosed 20 yrs ago when the medicine available was "instant zombie" . Refused to take it then and have spent the rest of my life embracing it. Sure it has its downsides at times but I absolutely have excepted it use it to my advantage.

Anyone who has ever met me can attest I have it. Golf course is no different, as it has gotten me easily distracted quickly many times. cleaning the house is one of the funniest things in the world if you stand back and watch me.. least im told by the wife.

Great article and thanks for chiming in guys..very comforting knowing there are others :)

Wow, I amazed at how many of us there are on here. Diagnosed 20 yrs ago when the medicine available was "instant zombie" . Refused to take it then and have spent the rest of my life embracing it. Sure it has its downsides at times but I absolutely have excepted it use it to my advantage.

Anyone who has ever met me can attest I have it. Golf course is no different, as it has gotten me easily distracted quickly many times. cleaning the house is one of the funniest things in the world if you stand back and watch me.. least im told by the wife.

Great article and thanks for chiming in guys..very comforting knowing there are others :)

Same here, I've always embraced it but when the stress piles on lol it's unmanageable, this morning I was talking to my wife about fishing and in the middle switched up to an I wonder how the greens are to I want a burger in less than 30 second lol, it's got to be frustrating for her. What were we talking about?

Back