Android Phone Thread

I guess I am gonna be part of the "revolution" as well. Just ordered an upgrade from iPhone 3GS to Galaxy S4 active (I know not new, but I am cheap and would not spring for the S5).
Got to see in depth the work of the android last week and was having iPhone issues and decided to make the switch.
First thing will be to get tapatalk so I can get on here and get help figuring out how to work it as I see many knowledgeable people about the subject. Should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff. Take a read through this thread there is a wealth of knowledge and it is all pretty easy to understand. Some of those tech sites get really technical.

Enjoy the new phone

I guess I am gonna be part of the "revolution" as well. Just ordered an upgrade from iPhone 3GS to Galaxy S4 active (I know not new, but I am cheap and would not spring for the S5).
Got to see in depth the work of the android last week and was having iPhone issues and decided to make the switch.
First thing will be to get tapatalk so I can get on here and get help figuring out how to work it as I see many knowledgeable people about the subject. Should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know if you have any questions, plenty on here with s4's and are tech savvy haha will be more than willing to help

Finally had some time to be creative and I love it...

yguju6yg.jpg

Which launcher is that through buddy?

hey does anyone have battery life problems with the 4.4.2 update on a sony xperia? my battery was good for 2-3 days before, but now I cant go 8 hours without charging, this is killing my THP time

Which launcher is that through buddy?

Nova Prime 3.0

haven't touched the GO Launcher yet. honestly, i probably won't...just got it cuz the upgrade was free at the time.
but, that is a GO Launcher wallpaper...so, it was worth the download.

Just got up and running last night. So far am liking this a little better than the iPhone. Not leaps and bounds above, but only 12 hours into it so far. So far I think I made a good switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Friend of mine is looking into getting a cheaper smartphone.

Does anyone have any experience with the Droid Maxx HD???

Friend of mine is looking into getting a cheaper smartphone.

Does anyone have any experience with the Droid Maxx HD???

No experience with that particular phone but depending on the situation tons of great phones can be had for cheap. You don't have to get the latest and greatest I am still rocking an S4 and it is still running great.

Also might check out Swappa.com for great used devices

I think the time has come for me to Root my S4 given that school is almost out and am going to have much more time on my hands. I will have to scout out some nice light weight ROMs but really just want to get rid of some of this junk and use this device to its true potential.

Anyone have any experience with the Razr M or Droid Ultra?

Anyone have any experience with the Razr M or Droid Ultra?

not the Razr M per say but I had the previous version and I loved it, much better than my sony xperia

Hmmm interesting. I don't really get the minis but I guess if some people like them so be it.

I assume it will be cheaper than the s5? More affordable and smaller could pull some people in I suppose.

The mini is not for me, but just one of the many things I love about droids vs Apples, choices.

nezapabe.jpg

8u9e9e2y.jpg

by7y2e7y.jpg

Here is my setup on my moto x.

Just my home screen with Nova launcher.

na6yne2a.jpg

S4 still rocking and strong.....

ezuzepa6.jpg

Now to Root and really see what this bad boy can do

Why is it so hard to find an OEM charging cable for the Galaxy S4 without paying out the nose for it?!?!

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

Why is it so hard to find an OEM charging cable for the Galaxy S4 without paying out the nose for it?!?!

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

Amazon??

Checked there and while most say that they are OEM it doesn't appear that they actually are based on reviews and packing. I did finally find some with all good reviews. Got 3 shipped for just under $10.00. Just hope that they perform close to the original.

Be the ball!!

I've been fighting the urge for a very long time. I just didn't want to mess anything up and be phoneless.
I hear ya. I couldn't resist any longer everything worked great for me and so easy to do.

I hear ya. I couldn't resist any longer everything worked great for me and so easy to do.
How do you like it so far? Is it awesome or what? I reallllly want to get some of this crap off my s4

Back