2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Have my pick in. Went with one. Was very tempted to pick three off the Callaway list but figured a ton of people will be going that route. I've picked an under the radar player that should do well on #2.

I'm in this awesome contest!

As for the course, I like the different approach being taken here. Take out the rough, rely on a mixture of wire brush, hard pan and other stuff for off fairway shots, and don't panic the place isn't lush with green. I'd love to check out the course at some point after everything has settled down.

Got my picks in. Can't wait to watch this weekend.

Got my entry in! No bonus pruze money for me :(

Me too. I love Coore - Crenshaw designs.

Guess I'm going to look at my weed-ridden, dried-up, barren muni golf course in another way. Now I'll just imagine the bad lies that I get from my poorly maintained course is what I'd find if I sprayed the ball at Pinehurst No. 2. Joking of course, but I have played a few down here in FLA that have looked like the "nature areas" of Pinehurst.

Have my pick in. Went with one. Was very tempted to pick three off the Callaway list but figured a ton of people will be going that route. I've picked an under the radar player that should do well on #2.

I was tempted to go with just one but got nervous after seeing pics of the course. Whoever wins this will have earned it that's for sure, a little rain would make it interesting.

I love contests like this, because the decisions are tough, the prizes are large and the tournament is great.

I went with the Callaway picks because I don't see anyone in particular standing out as a huge favorite. Fantasy picks were also tough. I think the course sets up well for a few guys in particular, but there are always surprises.

I love contests like this, because the decisions are tough, the prizes are large and the tournament is great.
You called it.
It would have been tough enough to pick any player in the field, I can easily see Buubba, Rory, DJ, Jason Day any of the big names winning it, or an out of the blue like Michael Campbell did in 2005, don't forget Jason Gore was in the final group that day with a chance to win.

Then you throw in the Callaway incentive, and it became a really tough decision.

One thing is for certain, I'll be watching all four days in it's entirety. I'm home on Thursday, and on Friday I'll have to go into a cone of silence until I can get to the DVR that afternoon and watch it into the early hours of the morning.

I messed up royally by picking Martin Kaymer. There's no way he has the short game for this course. I think creativity around the greens will be the key - a key memory of Martin's win at TPC in May was his chunking a chip (or two) in the final round of his win. By the way, check his Graeme McDowell short video clip about having bad lies at Pinehurst No. 2. Sometimes they're not as bad as you think.....(link courtesy of another golf forum).

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Graeme_McDowell/view/16984981

Finally got in my entry, not going to make it to a store to get a picture until after the deadline, sometimes living in a small town is a disadvantage but for the most part I'll take the small town every day over a larger city.

So so true dude.

I messed up royally by picking Martin Kaymer. There's no way he has the short game for this course. I think creativity around the greens will be the key - a key memory of Martin's win at TPC in May was his chunking a chip (or two) in the final round of his win. By the way, check his Graeme McDowell short video clip about having bad lies at Pinehurst No. 2. Sometimes they're not as bad as you think.....(link courtesy of another golf forum).

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Graeme_McDowell/view/16984981

Man I think Kaymer has a great chance at this thing, he's solid off the tee and has really worked hard on his game, more importantly he doesn't get too emotional at a bad shot and I think that's going to come in to play here.

I just can't believe this contest. Probably the best major contest since I've been a member. Really keeping my fingers crossed for this one! Thanks THP and Callaway Golf!

Not too much longer to get those entries in.

Won't be able to get my Bertha bonus unfortunately but my picks are in. Went with the storybook finish, might as well

Entry in. Thanks for this chance THP!

Entry is sent in. Good luck all!

Saw this on twitter and thought it was interesting...lost of emphasis on short game. Wonder why? lol

Don't forget about the bonus, go out, test that Callaway club and take a pic, couldn't be easier!

Yeah Im going to have to go back and test again. i already did the demo for the Callaway Contest now I need to for this.

Well I wont get there before the tournament starts to get a picture. Dang

Entry sent in. Not sure I have time to get to Dicks to try out the Big Bertha again.

Back