Need A Good Book Recommendation

Lone Survivor - Best book I've read in years. Couldn't put it down and much better than movie.
American Sniper - Chris Kyle autobiography. Wicked stories from Iraq.
Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series. Got hooked on these and read them all.

I love the Agent Pendergast novels from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Cabinet of Curiousities was my favorite but Relic is a great mix of suspense and a bit of horror.

All 5 a Song of ice and Fire Books by George RR Martin.

I don't know if your vacation is that long....

I would also recommend The Passage and The Twelve by Justin Cronin, good stuff. I just finished Lone Survivor as well, another good read, liked it more then the movie.

"LEAD...for God'Sake!" by Todd G. Gongwer.

Nate...are you looking for something hardback/paperback? Or do you want something to read on a kindle or kindle app on iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone survivor
American Sniper
Marine Sniper
1Q84

This is a good list if the genre is of interest to you.

Also anything Clive Cussler (prefer the early years though)

JM

Hawaii, by Michner, it is an old classic if you are interested in the history of what happened there.

There have been some great reads listed in here and my recommendations are all pretty much here. Left Behind, A Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones as most people know it now from HBO), Unbroken is phenomenal. It's one of those books that is so inspiring that no matter what you have accomplished in life, it makes you feel like you need to do more!! Just read Sycamore Road within the past few months and I couldn't put it down. And any of the Dan Brown books which has also been mentioned.

A good app for suggestions is called GoodReads. You put in books that you have read and based off of that, it can make suggestions. They don't sell books at all, at least not that I figured out.

I'm also a new convert to digital reading. I didn't think I would like it at all, but reading on my Nexus 7 is almost like reading out of a paper book.

I like to read, but most dont like my choices.
For authors, when they are not O'Reilly or finance guys, I read these.

Michael Connelly (Trunk Music was my favorite)
Stephen Frey
Tim Green - Solid and football themed

Love Michael Connelly and Tim Green was very surprising as an author. Put out some really good thrillers.

Also love Harlan Coben.

Nate: being from TX you have to read the Ben Hogan autobiography and also The American Triumvirate (hogan, Nelson And Snead) both by James Dodson.

Nate: being from TX you have to read the Ben Hogan autobiography and also The American Triumvirate (hogan, Nelson And Snead) both by James Dodson.
It has been a while since I read them but I definitely enjoyed both of these books. Hogan is one of my all time favorites, probably from reading the autobiography.

It has been a while since I read them but I definitely enjoyed both of these books. Hogan is one of my all time favorites, probably from reading the autobiography.

Agreed. Both books really made me wish I could have seen those guys play in their prime.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I ended up going with Fearless Golf and Lone Survivor. I will come back here after those are done and continue with your recommendations! Sounds like the left behind series might be on deck after this. Thanks again!

A Walk In The Woods by Bill Bryson

Another vote for A Walk In The Woods. Good story, easy read.

There have been some great reads listed in here and my recommendations are all pretty much here. Left Behind, A Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones as most people know it now from HBO), Unbroken is phenomenal. It's one of those books that is so inspiring that no matter what you have accomplished in life, it makes you feel like you need to do more!! Just read Sycamore Road within the past few months and I couldn't put it down. And any of the Dan Brown books which has also been mentioned.

A good app for suggestions is called GoodReads. You put in books that you have read and based off of that, it can make suggestions. They don't sell books at all, at least not that I figured out.

I'm also a new convert to digital reading. I didn't think I would like it at all, but reading on my Nexus 7 is almost like reading out of a paper book.
Is Unbroken the Laura Hillenbrand book? Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. Best book in my opinion

Is Unbroken the Laura Hillenbrand book? Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. Best book in my opinion

Yes it is. Incredible story for an incredible man.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Devil in the White City.

Any of the game of thrones books. Loving them

Anything by Robert Crais.. Sunset Express is a good one or Indigo Slam
Tim Dosey writes some good dark Comedy ..Tiger Shrimp is his latest ..Tropical warning was very good
Stuart Woods is great Carnel Curiosity is his latest
Carl Hiaasen writes some real funny stuff ..Skinny Dip is again kind of dark but funny
Randy Wayne White Deceived is a good mystery

Lee Child's books are good reads, and his main character Jack Reacher is very interesting. If you like sports, you'll find a bunch of good reads by John Feinstein. Someone mentioned Robert Crais, and I agree - interesting characters. For easy and enjoyable reading I've always found Louis L'Amour hard to beat.

Lee Child's books are good reads, and his main character Jack Reacher is very interesting. If you like sports, you'll find a bunch of good reads by John Feinstein. Someone mentioned Robert Crais, and I agree - interesting characters. For easy and enjoyable reading I've always found Louis L'Amour hard to beat.
Larry McMurtry. Lonesome dove series, great

Back