2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Picks are in.. Was hoping to get over to Golfsmith to demo the BB again but not in the cards. Looking forward to seeing this unfold and who gets to win the amazing prize! Not going to lie - I want that bag in my living room!! :)

I put in my entry. I demoed both Big Berthas the day before the contest was announced. No pics, oh well.

Entry is in!

Couldn't make it to a golf shop to demo the BigBertha again so hoping I pick the winner. Good luck everyone!!!

Entry is in. I thought a lot about this one. I spent about 30 seconds on my fantasy picks. I usually do much better when I spend very little time.

Picks are in.

Good luck eveyone and thanks to THP and Callaway for the awesome prizes

Not to be Debbie Downer, but GC is making Pinehurst No. 2 look tons better than it does in person. Seems to be lots of color improvements in the shots. I walked the course on Monday and truthfully, from the edges of of the fairways where fans are allowed to stand - things looked crusty, dry, and not necessarily attractive. The par 3 ninth was probably the most attractive holes - standing from the tees. Its almost as if GC is adding color to green up the place because it definitely doesn't look green in broad daylight.

That's not really my point. The course looks better on TV than it does in person.

Who cares what the course looks like? All that anyone should care about is how it plays. The mentality (mainly in this country) that a golf course has to been green all over the place has hurt more golf courses than it has helped. End of rant.

I can't wait for this tournament. I saw a quote from one pro (can't remember who right now) that said the course is playing like the Open Championship in the fairways and like Augusta on the greens. It should be a fascinating 4 days, which is something I don't think I've ever said about the US Open.

Welcome to the future. Courses are going to have to go to the brown look. Sustainability. Better for the environment, will keep costs down. It's what American golf needs.

sent in my entry! didn't have a chance to demo the BB again D:. good luck everyone

Welcome to the future. Courses are going to have to go to the brown look. Sustainability. Better for the environment, will keep costs down. It's what American golf needs.

Im hoping some more courses will follow suit. Give me good greens I'll take brown fairways.

I wonder if Pinehurst caught any of the rain that Charlotte did today. If so, the morning guys might be playing a course that is a bit easier. I was talking with a guy at work today about what the winning score will be. If the course stays dry anything under par will probably win it. That was my opinion at least.

You're probably right Jordan if it rains though and the greens get a little soft we could probably see some good scores.

Got my entry in hopefully they went through. Had to go with 3 Callaway guys for better odd's.

With my luck, Phil misses the cut. I did not hit the BB well, btw. Guy at the golf shop totally hosed my swing with his "advice".

Im in, no bonus money here. 2 hrs from the nearest golf store :(

Nothing like waiting til the last minute! Phil, Harris, and Jim! Someone come through this weekend!

Entered :)

Entered, hope the callaway guys do well

I wonder if Pinehurst caught any of the rain that Charlotte did today. If so, the morning guys might be playing a course that is a bit easier. I was talking with a guy at work today about what the winning score will be. If the course stays dry anything under par will probably win it. That was my opinion at least.

Trace of rain according to Brandel on GC this a.m.

Trace of rain according to Brandel on GC this a.m.

Not much at all left around the band moved through last night unless some more forms.

It did rain a good bit last night so I will be curious to see if that helps the guys today.

Drainage in the sandhills is extremely good so my guess is the course won't change much unless they are actually playing in the rain

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Watching Zach, Sergio & Phil warming up on TGC, I am ready for this one to start. Should be a great one.

Bp7MA39IEAAdEEC.jpg

I went with Stenson, Mickelson, and Furky, which I imagine a lot of other folks did too.

I can't wait to get home tonight and watch the coverage.

I'm with Phil, Furyk, and English for the contest....and certain I'm not alone in those selections.

Back