Callaway Supersoft Ball

Shipping is free from Dick's or from Golf Galaxy , I ordered 3 dozen from Golf Galaxy on Sunday and received them on Tuesday.
Lol... Looks like I was slow on the trigger there!

Tapataptapa on my Samsung S5

Played a par 3 tonight. I'm not a high spin player but hit 6 greens and fringed the 250 hole. Very happy with this ball. My friend laughed at me about my girly golf balls until it was time to pay for the beer.

I'm not a high spin player also there isn't a lot of difference in stoping power from the SS to a top end urethane ball for me. And it out shines everything in every other department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol... Looks like I was slow on the trigger there!

Not really, this deal has been posted several times in a few threads in the past several days. It will probably be posted again, just too good not to share.

Picked up a dozen of these a few weeks ago and put the first ball into play this week. Initial thoughts were positive and I liked the ball flight off the tee. Not as long as my current gamer, but IMO that may not be a true representation or the ball. I liked the feel around the green and the sound off the putter face.

I plan to play these all 3 days in Tennessee this weekend. I will know for sure then if this one goes in the bag or is just another "winter" ball for me.

Just bought a dozen each for my self and my dad. He is coming back to golf after a shoulder replacement and with a slower swing speed he could use the boost and forgiveness.

I picked up a dozen of these at Dick's in Athens, Ga. yesterday however I had to pay $19.00 bucks for mine. :angry: After playing with DawgDaddy's balls I had to have some of my own. :thumb:

I plan to play these all 3 days in Tennessee this weekend. I will know for sure then if this one goes in the bag or is just another "winter" ball for me.

I might have the yellows in play myself.

Yellows are nice. They're not as fluorescent as the chromes if you ever played those but still bright. I have a dozen of both so I can play white if there are dandelions on the course

This thing is like a super bouncy ball. I had one drive where it was right in the middle of the fairway, and ball just kept bouncing. By the time I made it to where it ended up, it had bounced well into the left rough. I didn't hold a single green with it today, it bounced and rolled right off of every one. I'm no short game pro by any means, but a half wedge shot for me with a Gamer usually will bounce a few times then stop. Not the SS, that thing kept on going. I used an insert putter today and WOW did that thing fly off of it.

That being said, it felt awesome off of the driver and irons. Great ball flight, nice distance. But I wanted to move away from the harder 2 piece distance balls so I could get a bit more control around the greens, and even going into it knowing the SS wasn't going to stop on a dime I feel like it bounced/rolled out a LOT.

DawgDaddy played one during today's round, and was crazy consistent on putting drives in the fairway. I finally put one into play for the last several holes, and my back nine started to turn around. Why didn't I just game them from the beginning of the weekend? :banghead:

Gamed the ball again today. I live it off the driver but today it was even better off the irons. Nice off wedges too. I'm not a spinner so I just played for release. Great ball.

I bought a dozen last week after reading all the positive things about them. To be honest I've played 2 1/2 rounds with them to give them a fair assessment and I don't care for them. I really didn't see any increased distance off my driver. My irons may have increased distance wise but I think that has more to do with the fact the ball is bouncy as others have said. I normally can hit and hold the green but with these nothing would hold. I do get a lot of spin with my irons but these I just couldn't stop. I went back to my regular ball today, Pro-V1, and shot my best round so I think I'm sticking with the Pro-V1.

This thing is like a super bouncy ball. I had one drive where it was right in the middle of the fairway, and ball just kept bouncing. By the time I made it to where it ended up, it had bounced well into the left rough. I didn't hold a single green with it today, it bounced and rolled right off of every one. I'm no short game pro by any means, but a half wedge shot for me with a Gamer usually will bounce a few times then stop. Not the SS, that thing kept on going. I used an insert putter today and WOW did that thing fly off of it.

That being said, it felt awesome off of the driver and irons. Great ball flight, nice distance. But I wanted to move away from the harder 2 piece distance balls so I could get a bit more control around the greens, and even going into it knowing the SS wasn't going to stop on a dime I feel like it bounced/rolled out a LOT.

This was pretty much my experience with this and the Wilson Duo. The Q star has been a better "soft" ball for me, especially greenside. I'm intrigued by the gamer soft, even though it's the Dick's house brand, since it might be a middle ground.

This has been my primary ball of choice lately. Love the distance and feel.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I received a dozen of these in my Team Callaway delivery this week. I took them to play Friday and I did not like them. My number one issue was the lack of sound upon contact!!! Ugh! Hated it. I ended-up giving two sleeves to a guy that works in our local golf store that loves them. He asked, "You don't like distance?!" I told him they were shorter than my Lethals off every club I hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played one for 4 holes today. Wow. It's smoking off the driver. I hit some monster drives and straight. I actually liked it on approach shots as well. Made a Par and two straight birdies with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

FYI: I thought I had posted this review here previously (February 2014 to be exact) but since I couldn't find it:

post-top-left.png

Callaway Super Soft Golf Ball Review
By Stogiesnbogies

FYI: I am a senior player with an 85-90 Max swing speed; a 16-17 handicap who plays senior flex shafted clubs. I hit my average drives between 180-200 yards and max out under ideal conditions with a very rare 220 yard "bomb".
biggrin.png

Callaway has produced the lowest compression ball on the market here with a 38 rating. In contrast the Wilson Staff Duo, it's nearest competitor has a 43 compression; the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite at 50, while the Titleist DT So/Lo checks in at 72. (FYI: All slower swing players; perhaps the reason that the Pro V1X does nothing for you or me has something to do with its 102 compression rating!)

In addition to it's softest compression which enhances direction and distance (as well as feel off the club) Callaway has produced a soft, responsive cover. The soft core and soft cover combine with HEX aerodynamics to produce a golf ball that reduces spin and adds distance.

I absolutely love this ball as it combines the best aspects of both the Wilson Staff Duo and the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite without any of their liabilities. For example the Callaway Super Soft has great distance like the duo but much better feel off the putter.

I find the super soft to be straighter and consequently a tad longer than the Fifty Elite as well. It performs great around the greens with approach shots that sit and pitches and chips that run true. It feels and sounds great off of all club faces. It has proven to be quite durable as well as I played 2 full rounds with one ball and it still looks fine; no scuffs, scratches or cuts.

Callaway definitely has a winner here for a large piece of the golfing market- namely seniors, most women and others with slower swing speeds. It is available in white or yellow (I originally tested white but have recently fallen in love with the Yellow!) and is well priced at 18 -20 dollars per dozen much like its market competitors, the Wilson Staff Duo and Titleist DT So/Lo. All good balls but I'm bagging the Callaway Super Softs Now!!

This was pretty much my experience with this and the Wilson Duo. The Q star has been a better "soft" ball for me, especially greenside. I'm intrigued by the gamer soft, even though it's the Dick's house brand, since it might be a middle ground.

I've yet to try the Gamer Soft, but after 1 round I'd much prefer the regular gamer over the SuperSoft. I'll give it another go and see what happens. I still want to try out the e6 in a longer test run.

Just found out (it may have been mentioned) that the Supersoft now comes in a multi-colored pack (turquoise, orange, lime, and white).

DawgDaddy played one during today's round, and was crazy consistent on putting drives in the fairway. I finally put one into play for the last several holes, and my back nine started to turn around. Why didn't I just game them from the beginning of the weekend? :banghead:
I have got to say your back nine turned around immediately when you put the SS in play Jeremy. I believe you picked up some pretty good yardage with the big club too, had a great time with my Georgia Tech buddy!

Just found out (it may have been mentioned) that the Supersoft now comes in a multi-colored pack (turquoise, orange, lime, and white).
nice. I've been wanting to try these, so now the multicolor pack makes it even more tempting.

I have got to say your back nine turned around immediately when you put the SS in play Jeremy. I believe you picked up some pretty good yardage with the big club too, had a great time with my Georgia Tech buddy!

You are correct, sir, almost an immediate 180 in my scoring once the SS went into play. 280 and straight? Yes, please, I'd like many more of those! I don't know when I'll be in GA, next, but expect it to be sometime in the late fall - would love to get a round in if timing works out. A lesson to other warring UGA/GT fans... Yes, we can get along. :drinks:

PGA Superstore currently has a 25% off sale on them. You can buy the multicolor pack for $14.99!

http://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/Ca...23012733.jsp?gclid=CJ78i4Tp_r4CFWNnOgodm3kA6Q

Thanks for posting this! I'm going to visit the SS and see about grabbing some.

I'm gonna put these in play tomorrow, I'm honestly excited to, should have done it this past weekend

Last edited:
Back