Phil switching to the Claw for the US Open

I don't think it's a huge deal. I think it's just something he's trying to get an edge with and break through a barrier he's been struggling to get through for a long time. Maybe it's a mental thing that will help him. But a lot of times you hear how a winner changed this or that with their swing or stance or whatever the week that they won. Here's hoping it works for him!

It's all mental with Phil, If he thinks it will help him and give him the confidence, then so be it. Really rooting for him in this one.

When have you known El Tigre to tinker. He takes forever to put anything new in play, just saying.
I think the current Open Champion knows what he's doing and trust he's doing the best thing for his game at this current time. Phil is a feel player and will go with what he thinks is working the best come Thursday. Tiger tinkers. Phil tinkers. All the pros tinker before major championships but usually doesn't get reported unless your a big deal.

When have you known El Tigre to tinker. He takes forever to put anything new in play, just saying.

That guy has made so many swing changes that the word tinker might not do it justice. No, he may not have made a major swing change right before a championship but his swing changes seem to take many months to master. So yes, I think he tinkers with his swing probably more than we all know.

No doubt lol, this last tinker has really taken an ugly bunny trail but we have a thread for that lol.

When I start making $48 million a year off of golf, then I'll question what Phil is thinking. Until then, what ever he does is good with me.

I hope it works well for him. Im rooting for him to complete the career grand slam and a THPers to win 1.5M!

The fun with Phil is this: Phil could miss the cut or contend on Sunday and neither would surprise me--lots going on with him and he is unpredictable as always.

I do enjoy how unpredictable Phil can be but I don't like this move.

I know he's had success in the past with it, but it's pretty darn risky to make the change so soon before a major. He knows what he can do though and must be comfortable enough with it that he thinks he can compete doing it or he wouldn't make the change. I hope this works out for him.

Phil wants to win this so badly,but I think changing something so close to a major may not have been the best idea. IMO, who knows it may work out for him. I believe he will be top 5 this week either way.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I just hope this works for him. I know he's been struggling with some of his putts.

Part of me thinks "yikes", doing this now, in a major, but he's tried it before... The other part of me thinks that if this is the mental confidence he needs this week, that's really all he's been missing. It just needs to be comfortable and reliable for four days!!! COME ON, PHIL!!!!!!

Phil has to be Phil. We all know how badly he wants to win this tournament. Maybe this is his year. It's not like he's never used the grip before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is always messing with his putter grip or the putter itself

They said today he switched back.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

They said today he switched back.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I didn't watch too much of his round but it looked like he went back to a traditional grip.

Back