2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Kaymer has the perfect game for this course, if he holds it together through tomorrow it will be his I think. His putter is ridiculous right now.

I couldn't agree more. IMO he's got a bit of a conservative game and it's exactly what you need for a US Open course. I think he holds on and runs away with it.

2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

There have been some really tight shots into the Par 3's these first two days.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an ace. #9 and #15 today are prime opportunities.

Last edited:
Parring out during a weekend at the US Open is easier said than done.
especially when in the last group after having about 26 hours between rounds, lots of time to think

There have been some really right shots into the Par 3's these first two days.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an ace. #9 and #15 today are prime opportunities.

You're probably right, they have been sticking it pretty tight. That would be cool.

Big time. And we saw what happened to Kaymer down the stretch at The Players

I blame the rain delay - he was cruising nicely before the long delay. Plus he ended up making several clutch putts at the end - I think it was a good experience for him to keep things together this weekend.

Parring out during a weekend at the US Open is easier said than done.
True that, Meanwhile Kevin Na just stepped out of the -2 pack.

Anybody else having issues with the NBC app?

True that, Meanwhile Kevin Na just stepped out of the -2 pack.

would hate to see Kaymer paired up with Na tomorrow

Kaymer has the perfect game for this course, if he holds it together through tomorrow it will be his I think. His putter is ridiculous right now.

That putter was huge--converted some low percentage chances and stealing a couple so to speak.

Making par on 5 and bogey on 6, Phil is throwing away his chances early today.

would hate to see Kaymer paired up with Na tomorrow
Honestly Na has been much better lately on slow play (or less slow play) the pressure of a Major final group could bring back the personal demons and head games though.

Projected cut at +4 right now

still tons of golf left though

The curse of the specialty segment... They do the Jimmy Roberts piece on Jimenez and then he flies the green.

ESPN says cameron Wilson has a 446 yrd drive?

What's his forum name?

Maggert shoots a 9 or 10 on a hole. Such a shame. He's a really nice guy. I played a pro-am with him at the Buick. Like a wind up doll. Every swing was identical.

Fowler must be tired of not working every weekend

-1 now!

Is anyone going to make Kaymer earn this one or should they begin the engraving now?

Is anyone going to make Kaymer earn this one or should they begin the engraving now?

Well, he may have to play with Na Tomorrow. That could be a real test for concentration.

Fitzpatrick looks like he's 15, but he's got a hell of a swing, some serious SS for his size.

I don't see that being that much of an issue.

Back