• Sunny

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is your preferred temp to play golf. We'll leave out excessive heat and cold and keep it reasonable.
But we'll add ability to vote more than once to vote for sunshine vs overcast in addition to temp.

Edited- Some how I never added the actual poll.lol Bot not needed anyway I guess.

And what about skies too. Sunshine or overcast? I prefer overcast but of course not dark and dingy just light shade. Not a sun person.

Give me 60's to 70's and overcast :)

Last edited:
I guess like just about everybody else I will say 75 or so. But I would take hot over cold any day of the week.

In Florida it is mid 90's (at least) blazing Sun and thunderstorms in the afternoon from now on until Oct. so that is the weather I like to play in

55-65 is my favorite. I would rather play when it's a little cooler than hot and muggy.

70 and cloudy or drizzly. No idea why but I always seem to play exceptionally well in those conditions.

80 and slight breeze

65-80 works for me.

Anywhere in the 70s

Low 70s is ideal for me

Low to mid 80's is ideal, it really helps keep me loose and relaxed.

70s. Although golf around here can be anywhere from 35-105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever temperature allows me to play in pants and a short sleeve shirt or in shorts and not be hot or cold at all. Probably in that 65-75 range I'm guessing. I also prefer to play with very little to no wind and no sun if possible.

Given the extremes, I'll take 90s with humidity over 40s every time. I can deal with playing in the heat, but I very much dislike playing in the cold.

I prefer low to mid 80s with a slight breeze and moderate humidity.

Boy - 65 degrees and low humidity is pretty nice... But I'll take tomorrow. 74 deg. & 0% chance of rain.

High 60's to low to mid 70's. Slight breeze, that happens to always be at my back.

I do also like to play mid afternoon on days when it is over 100 i can get a round in in under 3hr

It's nice for the time being, expecting a lot more rain this afternoon..ugh the kids are going crazy inside.

Whatever temperature allows me to play in pants and a short sleeve shirt or in shorts and not be hot or cold at all. Probably in that 65-75 range I'm guessing. I also prefer to play with very little to no wind and no sun if possible.

Given the extremes, I'll take 90s with humidity over 40s every time. I can deal with playing in the heat, but I very much dislike playing in the cold.

Pretty much on board with you except for the extremes. I'll take the 40's any day over it being 96 and humid. whheeeewwww. Unless of course the 40's is a very windy day lol.

I do also like to play mid afternoon on days when it is over 100 i can get a round in in under 3hr

Over 100? OMG your nuts :)
3hrs is about all I'd have anyway before passing out.
I know humidity and wind can have a big effect on things but still, over 100 is very hot regardless especially with a late afternoon sun. :(
Next time I have a cold beer I'll think of you in the heat. Perhaps I'll tell the "DosEquis guy" to pay you a visit. Might be interesting lol. He doesn't sweat.

Last edited:
poll

poll

adding a poll

Pretty much on board with you except for the extremes. I'll take the 40's any day over it being 96 and humid. whheeeewwww. Unless of course the 40's is a very windy day lol.

Over 100? OMG your nuts :)
3hrs is about all I'd have anyway before passing out.
I know humidity and wind can have a big effect on things but still, over 100 is very hot regardless especially with a late afternoon sun. :(
Next time I have a cold beer I'll think of you in the heat. Perhaps I'll tell the "DosEquis guy" to pay you a visit. Might be interesting lol. He doesn't sweat.

I love playing fast rounds in the afternoon heat also. Having the course to yourself is nice.

70-75 is what I'm most comfortable with. When it starts getting into the mid 80's I find it tough to stay hydrated and walk 18.

I'd say about 72 sounds perfect!

Well Phoenix's slogan is, the valley of the sun, I think of it as the Surface of the Sun ...

I like 80-100 and NO humidity!

70's is the most ideal for me, but I do like it hot when I play, so 80's and 90's are not that far behind

Back