How well does your SO know golf?

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Last night at work I was thinking this would be a fun game, so here goes:
How well does your signifigant other know golf? Ive come up with a quick series of questions to help gauge how well he/she knows that game:
How many golf companies can you name? (clubs, balls, shoes, clothing)
How many pro golfers can you name?
Can you name each of the different kinds of golf clubs? (driver, fairway wood, etc)
How many famous golf courses can you name?

All my wife knows is that it takes a lot of our money, a ton of my time, a d its always on TV.

...she's not a fan hehe.

My girlfriend knows who Adam Scott is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

All my wife knows its something im obsessed with and shes repping bridgestone in july lol

My girl would know driver and putter and that's it. She doesn't even know what birdie, par, etc is. Totally clueless. Lol

How well does your signifigant other know golf? Ive come up with a quick series of questions to help gauge how well he/she knows that game:
Can you name each of the different kinds of golf clubs? (driver, fairway wood, etc)

Mine doesn't know much lol

My wife knows a little bit. I've taken her going before a few times and she will watch every now and then with me

My wife knows a little but not a lot. She could tell you scores, par, bogey ect, but name brand of clubs or ball not a chance.

My wife and I used to play together at least once a week. With her other hobbies that has slowed to twice a month, but she is very knowledgeable of the game. She introduced playing golf to me... buying my first set of clubs last year and getting me started.

Mine knows how much everything cost.....:beat-up:

My wife is pretty knowledgeable. She knows all the clubs (or most), knows about bogey, par etc. (maybe not albatross), knows many of the top courses because she used to arrange for me to play them (PB, Old Course, Muirfield, Torrey), and knows many of the players.

What she really knows is that she does not like to watch on TV, (except to see some courses), and she REALLY knows when I have had a bad round.

My wife knows her clubs, knows a few Pro's, a few courses and knows a few manufactures, especially Callaway. ha ha

I made a Callaway Chevron logo out of an old piece of marble tile and painted it black then mounted it to a chrome/mirror plated license plate and put it on the front of her car. Her sister the other day says, "That's cool that you have a "V" (last name is Vaughn) license plate on the front of your car." She says back to her sister, "It's not technically a "V" it's the Callaway logo, but it just looks like a "V".

My wife plays occasionally, and knows the different types of clubs, and knows the big name golfers, the ones they promote and my favorites. She probably knows a few of the golf companies, especially if she has any of their equipment in her bag. As for courses, maybe Augusta and Pebble Beach, but that's about it.

She's aware of its existence and that it gets me out of the house and into a terrible farmer's tan. Right now she thinks it's addictive due to my tendency toward getting addicted to things, so come July she's probably going to be a bit surprised that I'm on the low to middle end of the golf intensity scale.

My wife understands that golf is part of my job and that I am trying to play more this year and may start doing tournament golf again next year. Other than that, she is aware of brands due to me signing her up for our email list at work.

My wife knows as much if not more than I do about golf products, courses, players, and how many putts Jack took in the 86 Masters etc.

My wife knows her fair share, top players courses, how to score, but I will never teach her the different brands because then she would know when the club head covers have changed.

My wife has learned quite a bit and can hold her own. She has her favorite golfers and a general knowledge about most players

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

My wife runs a a golf course.

I don't know how many brands she would know.
She knows a few of the pro's names.
She wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a fairway wood and a hybrid, nor between irons and wedges.
Golf courses: just a few.

She does know about etiquette, she knows a bit of the rules. She likes watching golf on TV.

Well, I quizzed mine on this topic yesterday at lunch and she did pretty good. She could have 5 golf companies, named 3 or 4 famous courses and was able to name a few tour pros. Not bad for someone who doesnt play golf, has no interest in golf and only knows what she knows because of hearing me talk about it or seeing it on TV.
All in all, I was proud of her.

My wife knows I love the game ... and supports me by allowing me to buy clubs and play pretty much when I want ... She is a keeper ...

Flip side is I support her hobbies and endeavors just as much ... It's a win/win for us!

I need to amend my first response and give her more credit. For Father's Day I got a framed photo of Arnie and Jack from the '62 PGA Championship at Aronimink. What got her the most points was when she said "you play that course every now and then, right?"

Really well ; )

My girlfriend knows how to hit the ball and some of the more basic rules and terminology. She doesn't know the ultra specific rules yet and is learning etiquette as we play more often.

Back