2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

A guy on Twitter is saying Kaymer double hit that 3rd shot from the sandy area on hrs Par 5. GolfDigest retweeted they thought so too.

I went back and liked at it. I don't think so but it did appear close. Too tough to tell with all the sand and weeds flying.

But if it's on Twitter it has to be the truth. Ha

Luckily TV replay can't be used after the fact to determine the penalty.

If this was like the Olympic scoring where we could throw out the best and worst score, it be a pretty exciting final 7 holes.

Sorry hrs action so boring that's the best I've got. Ha
Agreed
..I blame his tap in Eagle yesterday

Wow dj threading the need from the woods to 10 feet

Luckily TV replay can't be used after the fact to determine the penalty.

It wouldn't matter as they would say in the NFL. The replay was inconclusive the shot stands as played :)

I wanted to see another 2 chutt.

Spoiler alert

Compton has had 2 heat transplants if you walked away for 18 seconds

Maybe Compton will birdie out...

I have no idea what he is thinking, but if I were him I don't know if I would feel cheated or not. He has the same chances at birdie/eagle that the others do and because he is leading in total driving this week, he is more likely to get on a green if he tries. Now, will he try? Heck no, not with a 5 shot lead, but he still can have a legitimate shot at putting a wedge close. All this is doing is catering a few holes (note, they also moved up the par 5s to make them reachable in 2) to the chasers to give them a shot at the guy who has dominated the tournament so far.

Well, boy was I wrong. He went after both par 4s (#3 & #13) with the driver, connected on the first. And still leads by 6. Guys a putting freak.

Well, boy was I wrong. He went after both par 4s (#3 & #13) with the driver, connected on the first. And still leads by 6. Guys a putting freak.

He's the next Tiger ;)

2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

One thing about this completely boring tourney. We won't miss the playoff on Monday.

Is there such a thing as a quintuple birdie?

Does Taylormade scramble to get their name and logo back on Kaymer's bag?

Does Taylormade scramble to get their name and logo back on Kaymer's bag?

Good question.

Just like In Jerry McQuire Kaymer's agent will be rubbing his fingers together in the clubhouse to TMAG's Tour Director

Kaymer has two 3 irons in his bag. Maybe they should count his clubs again, maybe there are 15!!

Kaymer is sure making that SLDR look good. T-Mag probably wants him to use a white one.

Not sure if it's relevant. But Kaymer's two majors have come on "natural" courses with a sandy or links type look.

Think he can't wait to get to Chambers Bay next year.

I'm so curious to see how these guys play Chambers Bay. That course has some serious teeth (see my avatar) and the length those guys are playing it at is unfathomable for me.

Kaymer has two 3 irons in his bag. Maybe they should count his clubs again, maybe there are 15!!

What's crazy is that it wouldn't even matter. He would only lose 4 strokes.

Like someone just said. This course is going to be brutal on the women I think.

Back