The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

It was in the low 90s here today and super humid. I played 18 this morning and then went back out this afternoon and walked 9 just kind of knocking the ball around and couldn't help but think how important fitness and mental toughness is going to be for the Morgan Cup. I'll be honest, I was pretty worn out by around number 4 in my afternoon round. Granted, I was up late the night before :drinks:, which I won't be doing for the MC, but it was a reminder how the conditions here can wear you down.

It was in the low 90s here today and super humid. I played 18 this morning and then went back out this afternoon and walked 9 just kind of knocking the ball around and couldn't help but think how important fitness and mental toughness is going to be for the Morgan Cup. I'll be honest, I was pretty worn out by around number 4 in my afternoon round. Granted, I was up late the night before :drinks:, which I won't be doing for the MC, but it was a reminder how the conditions here can wear you down.

The physical requirements of the MC have been on my mind lately as well. Played 18 Friday, playing 18 tomorrow, and 18 Monday, I figure that will be a good indication of where my conditioning is at. On top of getting my golf game in shape, my body can't let me down either.

The physical requirements of the MC have been on my mind lately as well. Played 18 Friday, playing 18 tomorrow, and 18 Monday, I figure that will be a good indication of where my conditioning is at. On top of getting my golf game in shape, my body can't let me down either.

Playing 36 should be part of everyone's prep.

That is a definite in the weeks to come. Trying to find a day that works into my crazy travel schedule the next six weeks.

Staying to my prep schedule will be key these last weeks. Many early and late nights looking for a range will be interesting.

I played 27 a few nights ago, however the heat and humidity were nowhere near what July will be registering.

Agreed, it does take a toll compared to a regular round.
Definitely. At The King I was just wiped by the back 9 of the second round on Saturday, and I had practiced playing 36 in a day quite a few times.
Nothing could have prepared me for that heat.

Playing courses at 7000 plus yards going into the MC. Seeing some good results with middle of my bag. Solid tee shots are key and I want to be on a confident high going into true blue.

Physically I'm going to get my cardio up for the long days ahead. Staying hydrated is second nature since water is top on my list. I'll be more prepared this year than I was last

This is a very important. It was steamy here this morning as well, and I find myself trying to get an afternoon range session in just so I can get a little more heat. Conditioning work at its finest!

Completely agree...
Been trying to do more practice and playing in the heat of the day and pushing myself to stay focused. It's something that is very hard to push through until you have done it consistently. The heat really does have a way of playing with your mind

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Being in Arizona, I can only simulate your East Coast humidity levels in my bathroom after a hot shower. Maybe I should move the Birdie Ball in there for a few hours a day...

Completely agree...
Been trying to do more practice and playing in the heat of the day and pushing myself to stay focused. It's something that is very hard to push through until you have done it consistently. The heat really does have a way of playing with your mind

You've got that right. Carrying a bag doesn't help, either. By about the 16th hole, it can get pretty brutal. Makes riding seem like a relief. I might old-man things in the next couple of days and buy a cart. Would make for faster rounds, anyway.

You've got that right. Carrying a bag doesn't help, either. By about the 16th hole, it can get pretty brutal. Makes riding seem like a relief. I might old-man things in the next couple of days and buy a cart. Would make for faster rounds, anyway.

I usually never ride but I have been the last few rounds just to get used to it since we will be riding for the MC. It probably won't make a difference but any little thing might help.

Just catching up on everyone's doings from the weekend. Good to see everyone moving forward with their practice, playing and preparation. I added some major prep to my game this weekend from the SeeMore event. I'll have more in the next few days in the SeeMore thread about it but long story short got to spend some good time on the course and in the studio with one of SeeMore's golf instructors Ben Pellicani. He followed our group for a good part of our back 9 Saturday and was adding advise, shot thinking, new shot techniques and so much more during our round. He nailed what I needed to work on AND how I needed to work on it for me to take the next step. One of the best wow moments to happen to my game in a long time. I've got some work to do over the next 5 weeks and I'm excited to get to it!

I better Nate is scary. Do your thing Big Time

Just catching up on everyone's doings from the weekend. Good to see everyone moving forward with their practice, playing and preparation. I added some major prep to my game this weekend from the SeeMore event. I'll have more in the next few days in the SeeMore thread about it but long story short got to spend some good time on the course and in the studio with one of SeeMore's golf instructors Ben Pellicani. He followed our group for a good part of our back 9 Saturday and was adding advise, shot thinking, new shot techniques and so much more during our round. He nailed what I needed to work on AND how I needed to work on it for me to take the next step. One of the best wow moments to happen to my game in a long time. I've got some work to do over the next 5 weeks and I'm excited to get to it!
Pretty jealous of you for that one nate. he is s very knowledgeable instructor snd having him helping you for a few holes has to be eye opening.

Awesome news bro. Love when the light goes on.

Do work Nate!!!

Love hearing that, partner. I know the SeeMore event will help everyone's game who attended.

Pretty jealous of you for that one nate. he is s very knowledgeable instructor snd having him helping you for a few holes has to be eye opening.

Thanks guys. He has a ton of knowledge and your name got brought up on a few occasions about the work he's done with you.

That's awesome Big Time, WTG!!! (That's my partna!!!)

Hard to believe that five weeks from today, I'll be finishing up those last couple of work days to head toward True Blue. Where have all these months gone? Glad I started my prep early, just enough time for some touch-ups now.

Announcement

With a heavy heart, THP must formally announce that one of the participants is not able to compete in the 2014 #THPMC due to injury. O'Carroll was injured recently and after treatment will not be able to continue the journey. We wish him the best of luck and we hope everybody joins us in their thoughts towards great treatment and full recovery.

You will be missed O'Carroll and we know the replacement will have large shoes to fill.

Replacement post coming up shortly for a chance to join in on the action.

So sorry this happened to Pete, such a good guy, he will be sorely missed next month.

I imagine there will be a few people interested in this opportunity.

Announcement

With a heavy heart, THP must formally announce that one of the participants is not able to compete in the 2014 #THPMC due to injury. O'Carroll was injured recently and after treatment will not be able to continue the journey. We wish him the best of luck and we hope everybody joins us in their thoughts towards great treatment and full recovery.

You will be missed O'Carroll and we know the replacement will have large shoes to fill.

Replacement post coming up shortly for a chance to join in on the action.

Man I was hoping it would not come to this!!!!
Heal up soon Pete!!

Back