Status
Not open for further replies.
#clutch

That works too

BJ.... Do something

Wow. What a catch

What a catch by Calhoun to keep the game tied

Not quite, but I'll take a hit. Finish this Braves!

Simmons murders a baseball but it's caught and they get a double play. Headed to the 12th.

Uggla can't even run the bases anymore. Geeze

And the Angels take the lead again. 9-6

That was quite a game between the Angels and Braves. Go Halos, catch them A's!

Wow hadn't noticed Tampa was the worst team in baseball...yowzers.
Helmick son coming back soon but unless he starts hitting for them as well it may not matter

Wow hadn't noticed Tampa was the worst team in baseball...yowzers.
Helmick son coming back soon but unless he starts hitting for them as well it may not matter

Does that surprise you? Up and down, up and down with that team.

Mike Trout is good at baseball.

Cardinals won again! Matt Adams with his 3rd homerun in as many games. 3 game sweep of the Nats and our pitching was outstanding

If anyone hasn't picked up Eugenio Suarez for fantasy baseball, do yourself a favor and do so. 3 Homers in 9 games and batting .375 while getting a full load at SS for the Tigers. Kid has ignited a fire in the team to get them out of this slide and I like it.

Tony Gwynn died?? Awful

It is so sad dude.. Mouth cancer got him in the end.. Maybe I need to stop chewing

Does that surprise you? Up and down, up and down with that team.

That's not really accurate, it's been pretty much all down since mid April, aside from that one sweep of Boston.

RIP Tony Gwynn.

Maddux was convinced no hitter could tell the speed of a pitch with any meaningful accuracy. To demonstrate, he pointed at a road a quarter-mile away and said it was impossible to tell if a car was going 55, 65 or 75 mph unless there was another car nearby to offer a point of reference.

“You just can’t do it,” he said. Sometimes hitters can pick up differences in spin. They can identify pitches if there are different releases points or if a curveball starts with an upward hump as it leaves the pitcher’s hand. But if a pitcher can change speeds, every hitter is helpless, limited by human vision.

“Except,” Maddux said, “for that [expletive] Tony Gwynn.”

Just heard the news, what a shame

RiP Tony, one of my favorite players of that generation. Always seemed to carry himself with class.

RIP Tony Gwynn.

Maddux was convinced no hitter could tell the speed of a pitch with any meaningful accuracy. To demonstrate, he pointed at a road a quarter-mile away and said it was impossible to tell if a car was going 55, 65 or 75 mph unless there was another car nearby to offer a point of reference.

“You just can’t do it,” he said. Sometimes hitters can pick up differences in spin. They can identify pitches if there are different releases points or if a curveball starts with an upward hump as it leaves the pitcher’s hand. But if a pitcher can change speeds, every hitter is helpless, limited by human vision.

“Except,” Maddux said, “for that [expletive] Tony Gwynn.”

one of the true greats could hit the ball like nobodys buissnes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back