Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful new about Tony Gwynn. Talk about a professional hitter. Outside his rookie year, never batted below .300. 1994, even though it was a strike shortened year, he was 3 hits shy of batting .400. I got to see him play once when I was out in SD against the Dodgers. RIP TG.

So crazy. What a great guy and ballplayer.

I knew Tony Gwynn was good, he was around when I was a kid, but I hadn't realized how awesome he was until today. Man his career stats were impressive.

His stats are so staggering.... I think Uggla has struck out in one month the amount of times Gwynn stuck out in a season

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

1000x790_TG_pe8h6xh4_1k9jqa7b.jpg

His stats are so staggering.... I think Uggla has struck out in one month the amount of times Gwynn stuck out in a season

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I heard he never struck out more than 40 times in a season. Unreal. RIP Tony, you are a legend.

Also, Verlander can't say his stuff "feels good" but just got unlucky. 6 hits in 2 innings and Tiger killer Billy Butler up to bat with the bases juiced. Looking like that contract is worse and worse by the day.

I heard he never struck out more than 40 times in a season. Unreal. RIP Tony, you are a legend.

Also, Verlander can't say his stuff "feels good" but just got unlucky. 6 hits in 2 innings and Tiger killer Billy Butler up to bat with the bases juiced. Looking like that contract is worse and worse by the day.

And right after I hit enter, 3 RBI triple. Terrible for a guy making more in one game pitched than I will see in 20 years of working.

Carlos Satana with a homer...finally

I might start liking the Royals... Or... Indians.

My Tigers are plain bad right now!
I would have NEVER went outside in 85* heat to plant trees during a game!

Now, I wish I had more trees to plant...

I might start liking the Royals... Or... Indians.

My Tigers are plain bad right now!
I would have NEVER went outside in 85* heat to plant trees during a game!

Now, I wish I had more trees to plant...

It is fine for a while then it just all goes to #3LL in a hurry. That's when I tune out because we ain't scoring unless it's with Miggy or Vmart. I'm almost hoping that we fall out of contention and trade scherzer so we can at least get some good prospects instead of a compensatory 4th rounder when he leaves in the off season.

Man verlander had been rough lately

Man verlander had been rough lately

No kidding. I've had to watch my fantasy pitching the last few weeks blowing up due to him. Ausmus needs to know when to pull him, instead of sending him back out.

Oh my...scherzer got lit up...22.5 era

Both Missouri teams are rolling right now. This is the Cardinals team I thought we had at the beginning of the season

Both Missouri teams are rolling right now. This is the Cardinals team I thought we had at the beginning of the season

Pretty effing cool. I-70 World Series anyone?

Royals with 9 straight wins and in first place as of tonight.

After watching last night's game, I don't know how Jonathan Lucroy isn't the starting catcher for the NL in the All Star game.

After watching last night's game, I don't know how Jonathan Lucroy isn't the starting catcher for the NL in the All Star game.

Well for a couple reasons..

1. Name recognition
2. Popularity

Well for a couple reasons..

1. Name recognition
2. Popularity

Oh of course. Se la vie with fan voting. Lucroy is having the better season and is a better all around catcher right now.

Well I guess it depends on how heavily you weigh defensive stats because he is a below average defensive catcher according to metrics, whereas Molina is clearly the best defensive catcher in the bigs but only hitting about .280

Still Lucroy>Molina...at least right now

Well I guess it depends on how heavily you weigh defensive stats because he is a below average defensive catcher according to metrics, whereas Molina is clearly the best defensive catcher in the bigs but only hitting about .280

I'll take the defensive guy with a pretty good bat every time.

Still Lucroy>Molina...at least right now

Offensively I 100% agree. No problem admitting that. Also I couldn't care less if Molina starts the ASG or not. It isnt anything more than a popularity contest at this point anyways

Long day for the Braves today...can we please get rid of Harang now? His flash in the pan is over. 7 runs through 2 is atrocious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back