THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
11.2 trending to 10.8. Still leaving a lot out there in terms of putting. Mostly between my ears.

8.8~8.9 short time left to get to goal.

It's only taken me 25 bloody years, but finally, after my latest revision, I'm a single handicap golfer. My new NCGA index is 9.1. Just need to hit that hole in one now and I can retire.

A lot of great updates this revision. Keep up the great work, everyone! As we're rounding the corner to July, 2 more revisions prior to the MC, and I want to make some serious progress in my handicap, and I think that's going to come from tightening up my putting and chipping. I'm focusing the bulk of my practice on those 2 areas, and I'm confident it will shave some strokes off.

8.8~8.9 short time left to get to goal.

There's still enough time, partner. With your work ethic, you'll make it.

A lot of great updates this revision. Keep up the great work, everyone! As we're rounding the corner to July, 2 more revisions prior to the MC, and I want to make some serious progress in my handicap, and I think that's going to come from tightening up my putting and chipping. I'm focusing the bulk of my practice on those 2 areas, and I'm confident it will shave some strokes off.

You're working on the right areas, buddy. Just keep grinding at it.

#DoWorkDotCom

Just posted scores from Tennessee...trending to a 11.6 from 11.9.

I really need to post some solid low 80's rounds to get to where I feel I should be. Keep working at it...

2 revisions to get there. Quit thinking, just do it. You've got this.

Cap, you nailed it. Changes can't be worked in at the course. Need to just trust and let the ball get in the way.

Trending to 24.6 after my most recent round. Going back in the right direction.

Trending up to 17.6, but I've got a 9 that needs to be matched up that should help that. Just need to find the time to get out.

Couple of bad rounds have me trending to 17.9 right now. Need to buckle down and start playing smarter, if I can't play better.

Trending up from 6.9 to 7.1 after having a few bad rounds the last week. Instead of looking at this as a negative I am taking it as a bump in the road. Can't always be trending downward. Time to get after it.

20 rounds in the books and I'm looking forward to my next revision. Currently sit at 10.8 but I expect it to trend down just a bit. However I forsee some good rounds in my future as lessons and the practice are going well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

After yesterday's round, I dropped a tenth to 14.3.

Hit a major milestone, my 2 year plan was to make it to single digits and after my round yesterday I did it! After taking a 15 year hiatus after high school I started playing again last May and have been hooked since.

Dropped to a 9.6. The last few rounds I have been striking the ball really well hitting about 2/3 of gir. My chipping has been terrible and putting average but for the most part everything has come together well. The big turning point for me was starting lessons over the winter as well as getting equipment that was a good fit. Have been working on the swing changes all year and have seen a lot of improvement. What I need now is to sink some serious practice time into the short game.

I am not sure what my next goal is yet, I think try and get out to a wide variety of courses and see how it holds up.

Spoiler
handicapsingle.png

Unchanged, still at 9.8. Encouraging considering the level of garbage I have been displaying on the course lately. Need more time on the range, more time on the course, and more practice.

Posted a 79 at Commonwealth National yesterday that didn't change anything. Next week may see it go up, playing two tough courses.

6.8 down from 7.5 at beginning of season. All the practice working. Goal is 5 or less by years end.

Matched up that 9 hole score with a so-so round, but the combination was enough to knock one of the 20+ differentials off my card, so I'm trending down, albeit a small amount (17.3).

Matched up that 9 hole score with a so-so round, but the combination was enough to knock one of the 20+ differentials off my card, so I'm trending down, albeit a small amount (17.3).

Keep up the good work.

#DoWorkDotCom

16.7 trending to 16.2. I am encouraged. I'm stringing together more and more good shots, just doing enough stupid stuff to have blowup holes. I can tell I'm getting close.

18.2, trending to 17.8, and I feel that the work I am putting on lately is about to pay off.

16.7 trending to 16.2. I am encouraged. I'm stringing together more and more good shots, just doing enough stupid stuff to have blowup holes. I can tell I'm getting close.

18.2, trending to 17.8, and I feel that the work I am putting on lately is about to pay off.

Nice work guys, keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back