Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering taking my apex somewhere before the 36 holes on Saturday to get lies adjusted. Come to find out i should be 3*up and not standard.

Whoops

That may make a substantial difference. I know I immediately noticed 2* with my SBs.

3 wood, because I hit mine really well today which made me wonder what if it went just a little bit further...

3 wood, because I hit mine really well today which made me wonder what if it went just a little bit further...

It would be called a driver then

If I was as accurate with the driver as the three wood it'd be real nice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Pondering taking my apex somewhere before the 36 holes on Saturday to get lies adjusted. Come to find out i should be 3*up and not standard.

Whoops

I will be doing the same hopefully before OC with a new to me set

I need to get some club building supplies

I will be doing the same hopefully before OC with a new to me set

I need to get some club building supplies
Heck I'm so lazy I haven't reg ripped urons yet either....blah

Pretty much everything because my wife bought me a full bag fitting for Father's Day.

Pretty much everything because my wife bought me a full bag fitting for Father's Day.
wow man super ponder mode is on for you now...

And wife of the year award goes tooooooo.....

Sldr 430 @ 12*!!!

Guy at our local shop has one with a bad-A Speeder in it. Says he's hitting it 20 yards past the X2 Hot he had... I asked if he was hitting it straight, though... He said yes. Made me ponder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a ROUGH time with my irons. They are LONG, but my GIR is steadily declining. Number one issue is getting them square at address... Pondering some i25s. I loved the i20s, I just like the distance I've come accustomed to now though... Demo iron on deck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow man super ponder mode is on for you now...

And wife of the year award goes tooooooo.....

Of course, who has to pay for all of the new gear? Not her....

That said, new driver is at the top of my list, followed by fairways/hybrids. I have to get off of the tee better, and I'm not sure my current gear is a good fit.

Of course, who has to pay for all of the new gear? Not her....

That said, new driver is at the top of my list, followed by fairways/hybrids. I have to get off of the tee better, and I'm not sure my current gear is a good fit.
Yes, but getting permission has a certain cash value as well IMO.

Enjoy the shopping dude!

I'm really thinking I'd like a swingbyte or golfsense. Thinking the feedback between lessons would be helpful. Just really need to get rid of some stuff before I get anything else.

I'm pondering replacing most of my bag. I was going to find what I like (and I like what I have) and then replace it with new versions because everything I have was bought used. I haven't owned any new golf equipment other then putters.

But, now I have a chance for a significant deal off new Taylormade gear through an industry partnership so I'm going to the Taylormade Performance lab in a few weeks to try some clubs out before making the decision. I'm thinking the SLDR TP driver and TP 3 wood, SLDR irons in 3-AW (kbs tour/tour v/c-taper??), and then the TP wedges in 56 and 60.

I tried the non-TP SLDR driver when it came out and didn't like it with the stock shaft offerings. But I haven't got along with any TM stock shaft offerings in other clubs either. I think the Tour spec shaft, black tie, or Diamana s+ would work for me with it.

I'm also not sure I'd like the TP wedges. I had the last ATV wedges and they were much harder for me to use than my heavier SM4 wedges with S200 shafts. This time if I make the purchase I think I might try the standard/non ATV grind versions. I don't like that you can't customize them with any shaft through the website. I'd prefer them to have whatever shaft I end up with in my irons. Then again, I've contemplated spinner type shafts so I may try out the KBS Hi-Rev shafts in them. Does anyone know if they can be ordered with more shaft options if ordered direct over the phone?

If Callaway isn't able to replace my Razr Fit shaft (and they may not, due to operator error, and I'm OK with that) I need to ponder a new R-flex shaft. The made-for Aldilas are pretty cheap on eBay, but I'd like something that gives me a bit tighter dispersion.

I have been hooking the crap out of my hybrids lately but have been hitting my Irons rather well, I am considering removing hybrids, brigning back my 4 iron and getting either a 3 iron or a 3 wood

I have been hooking the crap out of my hybrids lately but have been hitting my Irons rather well, I am considering removing hybrids, brigning back my 4 iron and getting either a 3 iron or a 3 wood

I am in full ponder on the 3i as I am not sure I am gonna stay with the 2 hybo as my layup tee options

Another one pondering the 2i or 3i idea.

Looking to replace my Cleveland HiBore 19* Hybrid as I tend to get quick at the top and the ball begins to quack immediately leaving the face. I know it's my swing, but this club just doesn't cut it for me.

What are some good 2/3i options out there that everyone likes?!

Another one pondering the 2i or 3i idea.

Looking to replace my Cleveland HiBore 19* Hybrid as I tend to get quick at the top and the ball begins to quack immediately leaving the face. I know it's my swing, but this club just doesn't cut it for me.

What are some good 2/3i options out there that everyone likes?!

Eric wahts in your bag for Irons now?

3-4 Bio hybrid.

Still.

do they make a 3i for the set?

theres

712u

ping rapture

adams dhy

mizuno H4

I have hit the 712U and like it although its not the most forgiving iron

Could go Apex 3i, AP1/2, DPC or really any other forgiving iron in a 2/3iron

After this weekend...a SeeMore putter is in FULL ponder mode