2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

I know a few guys that really sank their heart an soles into improving their games for this event last year. And yes they feel short but they worked and worked hard. I'd reach out to them and see what they did and what they would change if they could.

The Zoocrew came to play and will do so again. You want every advantage you can get headed to SoCal. Those that went before can shed some light on the topic. If this team is going to prevail they have to be better than the first from top to bottom.

Good luck to all the enter. This is going to be a solid event!

I won't be heartbroken if I don't get in. I will be heartbroken if I don't play better golf.

The inspiration to get into this event is just the driving force. Canadan helped me realize that I need to be prepared in case I do get in, not to prepare once I get in.

I know a few guys that really sank their heart an soles into improving their games for this event last year. And yes they feel short but they worked and worked hard. I'd reach out to them and see what they did and what they would change if they could.

The Zoocrew came to play and will do so again. You want every advantage you can get headed to SoCal. Those that went before can shed some light on the topic. If this team is going to prevail they have to be better than the first from top to bottom.

QFT, I know they talk a big game, but I know they've got the game to back it up as well, Team THP better be ready to bring their games to a whole new level. The belt is coming back to the internet, mark it down!

Worked hard on the game this weekend in the rain and wind. Now paying for it with a heckuva cold, but also picked up on something in my swing that has been bugging me. Maybe a breakthrough !

Its funny, other years I was satisfied with playing the same course over and over, seeing my handicap drop as I got better and better playing a course I knew like the back of my hand.

This year, I want different layouts, different challenges, greens that vary dramatically from course to course. I am not scoring as well as I used to, but I am exposed to so many different scenarios during a round now. It has really thrown me out of my comfort zone. All with the goal of improving my overall play, for a chance at 2014 #TheGrandaddy.

If I can play decently in the pastures and woods that pass as courses in the province here, I hope to be more well rounded while playing a gorgeously maintained course during #theDOS!

Sitting bores on a job, thinking about this event.
What I hope to get out of it, what I have to do to get there, the breakfast sliders....

I want to compete, to play golf and mean something, to myself, to my team!
Pressure is what makes diamonds everyone! The greater the pressure, the more brilliant the diamond!

I WILL be a Diamond!

So far in 2 months of season here in Jersey I have managed to reduce index from 7.5 to 6.8 working into shape. All geared to this event. Do whatever it takes to dethrone the #Crew.

Found these photos online this morning when I was thinking of checking out "The Hideaway" on Wednesday when I'm in Palm Springs. This gave me inspiration and motivation to work hard to fix the issues, both physically and mental, that I am having with my game right now so I can earn a spot to join Captain Jman. #fingerscrossed

Yeah, those are gorgeous.

I also really freaking love the PROactive thinking going on about getting ready, plan and practice now like you ARE in and you won't regret it.

I also really freaking love the PROactive thinking going on about getting ready, plan and practice now like you ARE in and you won't regret it.

Well said. ACT AS IF

Fairly new here but followed the proceedings last year, and follow the social antics of the #ZooCrew. Would like nothing more than to help put the them back in their place. While Harry is busy today with his marathon. I have committed to my game picked or not win win for me. My game is already better and will continue to improve.

Found these photos online this morning when I was thinking of checking out "The Hideaway" on Wednesday when I'm in Palm Springs. This gave me inspiration and motivation to work hard to fix the issues, both physically and mental, that I am having with my game right now so I can earn a spot to join Captain Jman. #fingerscrossed

You could also check out the live thread from last year. GG and I (as well as participants), posted hundreds of pictures.
Good luck with "checking it out", its a bit tough to get on from time to time. :D

EDIT: And I do not believe we have officially announced the course it will be played at.

You got that right captain, everytime I'm out this event is top of mind!

Thank you for the new desktop. Inspiration that I will see for hours each day at work. Will drive me to continue to work on my game. I have already seen great strides since concentrating on my short game a bit more than usual.

Working on my game wont quit after july because of THIS EVENT!

2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Sitting bores on a job, thinking about this event.
What I hope to get out of it, what I have to do to get there, the breakfast sliders....

I want to compete, to play golf and mean something, to myself, to my team!
Pressure is what makes diamonds everyone! The greater the pressure, the more brilliant the diamond!

I WILL be a Diamond!

I know how you feel CJ. I so want to be a part of a team again. Working with teammates sharing a common goal and dreams of beating the #zoocrew. THPers unite!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

You could also check out the live thread from last year. GG and I (as well as participants), posted hundreds of pictures.
Good luck with "checking it out", its a bit tough to get on from time to time. :D

EDIT: And I do not believe we have officially announced the course it will be played at.

Not looking to play the course, just want to look it over and see with my eyes what the whole thread from last year's #grandaddy conveyed in words. After speaking with a few people from last year's event, the place is a great course and truly a beauty to behold in person.

Not looking to play the course, just want to look it over and see with my eyes what the whole thread from last year's #grandaddy conveyed in words. After speaking with a few people from last year's event, the place is a great course and truly a beauty to behold in person.

I was not speaking of playing the course either. :D
Its a bit tough to "check it out".
Its not one of those places you can pull up in the parking lot, see from the road, etc.

JB is right. You would have had no idea it existed until you pulled through those gates. Memories flowing now ....

If you even want to get to step foot on the grounds, this is all I have to say....(if you can even recognize what it is)

Seriously though, I love that so many people are throwing their hats in this year. It truly is the #GrandaddyOfEmAll for a reason and the dream trip of a lifetime. Give it your all before you even have the chance of being selected, because it deserves all that and more. The #Zoocrew is going to bring it, and you best believe THP will too.

Didn't the crew hire Jamie Slonis just for this event knowing THPers would stop at nothing to reverse the outcome from last year?

Didn't the crew hire Jamie Slonis just for this event knowing THPers would stop at nothing to reverse the outcome from last year?

Perhaps...And he could possibly be a part of the #ZooCrew...
Team Basement Dweller will be ready.

I also want to address this. CJ and I have talked at length about this many times, but this brought on a different conversation and one of hope, preparation, and hopefully, THP triumph. It almost went on like an interview as he posed several questions to me.

How should you prepare?

Prepare just like you would for any other THP event. Only you know what it takes for you to be ready to perform on an individual level and when you know you are there. I regret not getting lessons as I could have used them mightily, but it is what it is. You will have a few months to get your game where you want it to be based on the effort you put into it, but being mentally prepared is paramount. The ups and downs of match play can wreck havoc on your mind and that is the one thing I was not prepared for while competing. Don't be afraid to reach out to people and seek advice, us #InternetGolfers have a unique advantage in that almost always someone has encountered a situation that troubles you and may offer a helping hand. In general though, just be prepared to have fun and enjoy the time of your life in a hackers paradise with some of the greatest people you will ever meet.

Where would you focus on in terms of practice?

Short game and putting. I sincerely believe that if you are able to shore up this part of your game, you will be competitive. The greens there are completely different from anything I have encountered and it took a while to get used to them, but when I did, it was alright. The unique nature of the event being in December lends itself to a few hiccups from northerners (ATL75@Clive is no fluke) but we prepared as best we could with what we had and laid it all out on the course when it was time. I don't think we used it as an excuse at all and, actually, it was an advantage on the crisp 40* mornings. Those Californians were in pants and sweaters (am I right TH?). Again, you know what type of practice you need and usually do, stick to it or even amplify it to make yourself a better golfer, but also a better teammate and person.

What, if anything, would you do differently?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The entire week out there was perfect in every single way. I wouldn't change a darn thing, except getting on that bus to come back home. I could live there forever eating breakfast sliders, chicken tacos, and comfort station goodies. Oh, and not to mention the best golf courses I may ever see.

I'm sure the other #DreamTeam'ers have other thoughts and mine were just really rough initial thoughts, but James and the next crop of THPers who embark on this journey will have people willing to help and cheer them from the start all the way to the finish.

Perhaps...And he could possibly be a part of the #ZooCrew...
Team Basement Dweller will be ready.
I'm thinking more than possibly. Kidding aside good guy and one heck of a player.

Back