2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

We are flying in/out of FL plus spending Monday at the beach before we head home.

Yeah, I wanted to do that as well so it would feel more like a vacation but she told me for the money of a rental car she can enjoy the resort and be ok.

For those that know, how much is a cab/town car from the airport to the resort?

$60'ish for a car service. Not sure about a regular cab.

There are cheaper shuttle services though.

A round trip shuttle was going to be like $96 for my wife and I.

I think earlier someone posted there is a private sedan service for something like $70 for one person or would do $95 for 3 or 4.

I posted awhile ago that the PBI website has a list of shuttle services that you can schedule for pick-up and your departure and it's the same money for however many people are using it.

OK, I'm totally late to this party.

Not going to play because I'm sure signup is already full.

However, I'm a former PGA National member and live in the area. I see a lot of questions on here, so if anyone wants some local knowledge (course or where to go in town) let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Also, if any THPers are in town for an extra day I'm happy to get a round or game put together at one of the local courses. Would be happy to get a foursome together to play my course (The Dye Preserve in Jupiter).

Let me know how I can help!

Last edited:
Still in strong ponder mode about switching my flight to arrive Thursday night. I like the idea of having the entire day there on Friday to do whatever comes up, as opposed to getting in at 12:00 and only having the afternoon. Also currently leaving at 12:00 on Monday, and I saw a 6:000 PM flight that gets me home by 9:30. That would free up Monday for a post Championship round. I could make both switches for only $31 on SWA (no change fee!!!) plus the cost of the additional night.

What to do? What to do?

Still in strong ponder mode about switching my flight to arrive Thursday night. I like the idea of having the entire day there on Friday to do whatever comes up, as opposed to getting in at 12:00 and only having the afternoon. Also currently leaving at 12:00 on Monday, and I saw a 6:000 PM flight that gets me home by 9:30. That would free up Monday for a post Championship round. I could make both switches for only $31 on SWA (no change fee!!!) plus the cost of the additional night.

What to do? What to do?

I would change it! I got to #TheKing on Thursday evening and it made Friday 100x better. I am not in a position to do that this time around but if I could I would without hesitation.

More time with THPERS is a good thing!

What to do? What to do?

No question switch that flight .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

What to do? What to do?

Switch it and be one of the people that plays a Monday round! PBI is an easy airport to get through (with TSA Pre Check I regularly go from parking garage to gate in under 5 minutes) so you'll have plenty of time!

I can always help find a course near the airport (or between PGA and the airport) to get a few foursomes together for that Monday.

Ok. Looks like I'll be giving in to peer pressure. Ha

Friday May or may not be golf, or just range time getting ready.

But a post championship round Monday might work.

Thanks for hrs offer Birdman. Are you able to play Monday? Since the event is officially over by then I'm sure it's ok with JB if we meet up with any locals for a round on Monday.

But would want to get his blessing first.

Ok. Looks like I'll be giving in to peer pressure. Ha

Friday May or may not be golf, or just range time getting ready.

But a post championship round Monday might work.

Thanks for hrs offer Birdman. Are you able to play Monday? Since the event is officially over by then I'm sure it's ok with JB if we meet up with any locals for a round on Monday.

But would want to get his blessing first.

Smart decision to change the flights, especially since there was no big penalty. You'll be glad you did. More time at a wonderful venue.

Yeah I need to figure out the flight situation soon as well. I'd love to go Thu through Monday, but that's too much time away from the fam. Friday a.m. to Monday a.m. is probably what I'm going with.

Switch it and be one of the people that plays a Monday round! PBI is an easy airport to get through (with TSA Pre Check I regularly go from parking garage to gate in under 5 minutes) so you'll have plenty of time!

I can always help find a course near the airport (or between PGA and the airport) to get a few foursomes together for that Monday.
keep in mind that THP does have people staying through Monday and playing at the resort.

while local help is always appreciated by many, we must also remember that it is an event that will still be open for a few slots due to people winning other events and already being signed up.

if you would like the chance to join in one of the Grand events and play with THPers, why not sign up for the Albatross Club and put your name on the waiting list instead of planning other options. this way you have at least a chance to be a part of this special event.

Yeah I need to figure out the flight situation soon as well. I'd love to go Thu through Monday, but that's too much time away from the fam. Friday a.m. to Monday a.m. is probably what I'm going with.

My original concern with Thursday night was the latest flight is 6:30 and I'm about 1.5 hours from BWI in afternoon traffic.

But my HR person told me a secret. As long as an exempt person works more than 4 hours in a day. They don't have to take any leave if they have to leave early. So I can leave at 3:00 ish without having to use leave time. Winner!!

Really looking forward to this event. I'm sure once I meet some of you guys in OC next weekend, I'll be even more excited.

I'm flying out if Philly at 1005am Friday and flying out of PBI at 625am Monday.

If you grab the same flights we can split shuttle costs two and from PBI and the resort

I'm confident that I will be recovered and back on the course in time for this event, so I'm looking at flights and am planning on Thursday night/Monday morning arrival and departures. Still trying to figure out where to fly from (Albany or Hartford) and whether to fly into PBI or FLL though.

I believe we are 100 days out folks.

I'm flying out if Philly at 1005am Friday and flying out of PBI at 625am Monday.

If you grab the same flights we can split shuttle costs two and from PBI and the resort

Ok I will let you know. 625 is brutal though. I've had a few 600 am flights this year and I think they should be outlawed.

Ok I will let you know. 625 is brutal though. I've had a few 600 am flights this year and I think they should be outlawed.
They are my favorite. The airport, and security, is eerie at 4:00 am though.

They are my favorite. The airport, and security, is eerie at 4:00 am though.

Twice this year, I arrived when the airport was officially closed and had to sit there waiting for the ticket people.

I will say the flights are usually cool, watching the sunrise, etc.

I'll have to figure it out for this one, though. I was almost thinking an early Monday round before getting home since the day is gonna be shot travelling anyways.

I'm confident that I will be recovered and back on the course in time for this event, so I'm looking at flights and am planning on Thursday night/Monday morning arrival and departures. Still trying to figure out where to fly from (Albany or Hartford) and whether to fly into PBI or FLL though.
CT shoe shine is the best there is if my man Darrel is still there.

I would change it! I got to #TheKing on Thursday evening and it made Friday 100x better. I am not in a position to do that this time around but if I could I would without hesitation.
Okay, change is done. You guys convinced me. As you said, I'm sure this will make Friday 100 times better with so many options, practice then pool time, or play then pool time...I hear that BAR is not to be missed.

Back