2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

Okay, change is done. You guys convinced me. As you said, I'm sure this will make Friday 100 times better with so many options, practice then pool time, or play then pool time...I hear that BAR is not to be missed.

I am thinking an early tee time then the pool and the bar sounds like my dream day actually.

Wave Bar makes the pool area even better if that's possible.

I am thinking an early tee time then the pool and the bar sounds like my dream day actually.
Even though I get in late Thursday 10:50 PM, I don't think I'd have trouble getting up for an early tee time, if there are spots to be had.

I really need to lock down flights for this. Delta from Dayton to PBI is decent, right around 300 apiece.

That is not bad anywhere you can fly southwest from that is close? They seem to have had some great deals the past few weeks to PBI

That's what I am thinking as well. I doubt it improves from that number, although we would have preferred flying out of Cincinnati.

I saw 313 for awhile. Scared into purchasing at 363. Now it's $323. Oh well. Shouldn't even have looked.

That is not bad anywhere you can fly southwest from that is close? They seem to have had some great deals the past few weeks to PBI

Haven't seen much of SW around here. We usually run it through kayak between Dayton and Cincinnati and go with what's best. Typically that's Delta prices.

I saw 313 for awhile. Scared into purchasing at 363. Now it's $323. Oh well. Shouldn't even have looked.

That's the worst part. I am going to block those sites from viewing as soon as I lock it in hahaha

QFT

I originally booked at $235 from BWI, with today's change it was $255, maybe the best $20 I'll spend this year!!

Haven't seen much of SW around here. We usually run it through kayak between Dayton and Cincinnati and go with what's best. Typically that's Delta prices.

That's the worst part. I am going to block those sites from viewing as soon as I lock it in hahaha
Dan, I'm guessing you're closer to Cincy than Columbus? I know Air Tran has some good deals when I look at going to Columbus from Maryland.

Dan, I'm guessing you're closer to Cincy than Columbus? I know Air Tran has some good deals when I look at going to Columbus from Maryland.

By about an hour or so, yeah. We're on the clock to get out after she finishes school on Friday, so I am not sure a Columbus flight would work, sadly.

And....flights BOOKED.

Hartford to Ft. Lauderdale arriving Thursday evening and departing Monday morning for 10,809 points--or $199!

And....flights BOOKED.

Hartford to Ft. Lauderdale arriving Thursday evening and departing Monday morning for 10,809 points--or $199!

I wish we could fly out Thrusday night but I have class until almost 7 in Queensbury.

I wish we could fly out Thrusday night but I have class until almost 7 in Queensbury.
The price out on Friday (Southwest) is not all that differnet at the moment. In fact non-stop from Hartford to Ft. Lauderdale departing Friday and returning Monday are $208.

Ok. Looks like I'll be giving in to peer pressure. Ha

Friday May or may not be golf, or just range time getting ready.

But a post championship round Monday might work.

Thanks for hrs offer Birdman. Are you able to play Monday? Since the event is officially over by then I'm sure it's ok with JB if we meet up with any locals for a round on Monday.

But would want to get his blessing first.

My work hours are fortunately very flexible so I can play on that Monday. I'll call it 'business development'. :p

The wife and I are getting into PBI at 4:45 Thursday and leaving 7:25 on Monday if anyone wants to share a shuttle

keep in mind that THP does have people staying through Monday and playing at the resort.

while local help is always appreciated by many, we must also remember that it is an event that will still be open for a few slots due to people winning other events and already being signed up.

if you would like the chance to join in one of the Grand events and play with THPers, why not sign up for the Albatross Club and put your name on the waiting list instead of planning other options. this way you have at least a chance to be a part of this special event.

JB, I assumed the event was full since it had been posted so long ago, which is why I didn't sign up. Obviously it's easy for me to sign up since you are in my back yard. I have to think about signing up, I don't mind the Albatross Club (I've just been lazy in signing up for that).

But I do have a thing about Bridgestone...we had their infamous exploding tires on our Explorer, so I have a little bit of an issue with them since one of their products tried to kill my family (and they didn't even apologize). I'll think about whether I want to attempt to enter an event supporting them.

I also didn't think it was a problem if people went and played at a different local course after the event had concluded. If it is, sorry about that, but I guess I don't see how that affects the event at all.

And....flights BOOKED.

Great price man, I was able to get $264 out of Rochester to PBI through Delta ($204 for the tickets plus $60 for tax and "fees"). $199 sounds better though!

Great price man, I was able to get $264 out of Rochester to PBI through Delta ($204 for the tickets plus $60 for tax and "fees"). $199 sounds better though!
The extra $65 is probably worth it since you are flying into PBI (closer). I'm a point junkie though, and going through FLL leaves me enough points for another flight (for what? I habe no idea).

The extra $65 is probably worth it since you are flying into PBI (closer). I'm a point junkie though, and going through FLL leaves me enough points for another flight (for what? I habe no idea).

This event has made me ponder the Chase Sapphire card for flight points. So many people have flyer points and I'm jogging behind spending real money!

JB, I assumed the event was full since it had been posted so long ago, which is why I didn't sign up. Obviously it's easy for me to sign up since you are in my back yard. I have to think about signing up, I don't mind the Albatross Club (I've just been lazy in signing up for that).

But I do have a thing about Bridgestone...we had their infamous exploding tires on our Explorer, so I have a little bit of an issue with them since one of their products tried to kill my family (and they didn't even apologize). I'll think about whether I want to attempt to enter an event supporting them.

I also didn't think it was a problem if people went and played at a different local course after the event had concluded. If it is, sorry about that, but I guess I don't see how that affects the event at all.
it isn't a problem if people want to play elsewhere. the issue (and it's not really an issue) is that this event is for AC members. Nobody is telling anybody they have to sign up or join or anything of the sort.

but filling an event thread for said members with plans to play off site is something that is tough for us. we spend months planning these events. if people want to support them...great. if they dont, that's cool too. but it is hard to see all of our hard work being circumvented.

again...no issue on our end. and I'm sure there will be an additional round thread setup once we get closer, I just thought it might be more tactful if we waited for a full field of Albatross Club members before working around the field for before and after plans.

just my thoughts and general musings. hope you change your mind and reconsider joining the waiting list and hopefully getting into this grand event. THP Events are incredibly unique and in my opinion (obviously biased), the best golf weekends out there.

it isn't a problem if people want to play elsewhere. the issue (and it's not really an issue) is that this event is for AC members. Nobody is telling anybody they have to sign up or join or anything of the sort.

but filling an event thread for said members with plans to play off site is something that is tough for us. we spend months planning these events. if people want to support them...great. if they dont, that's cool too. but it is hard to see all of our hard work being circumvented.

again...no issue on our end. and I'm sure there will be an additional round thread setup once we get closer, I just thought it might be more tactful if we waited for a full field of Albatross Club members before working around the field for before and after plans.

just my thoughts and general musings. hope you change your mind and reconsider joining the waiting list and hopefully getting into this grand event. THP Events are incredibly unique and in my opinion (obviously biased), the best golf weekends out there.

JB, understood. Didn't mean to make issues and understand the AC issue (I'll make sure I sign up).

If this wasn't a Bridgestone event I'd be there in a second. But, to be a good sport, I'll sign up and if I get in off the wait list I can address my feelings about the company, and how they treated my family, at that time.

Call it a hunch, but when guys see the extra round rates they wont want to play anywhere else IMO

Back