Bit by a Rattlesnake.

Holy cow, glad you're ok! I'm not a snake person myself and grew up in the motion l mountains of Colorado where we had the all over as well. Surprised the anti-venom cost that much, glad you had insurance

Good grief man! Glad you are ok.

Holy crap man. Snakes are by far my biggest fear. No thank you. Glad you're alright. But damn that's scary

Wow. Glad you are ok. But what a story. I've been bitten by snakes before but never a poisonous one. Let's hope that streak continues.

Happy to hear that everything is okay now. With that said, no City Slickers 2 references yet! C'mon!

[video=youtube_share;kbS-B_YyIlU]http://youtu.be/kbS-B_YyIlU[/video]

Wow! What a story & stinks that you had to experience this! Glad you're recovering! Hope all is well & back to normal quickly!

Reading this gave me cold chills. I effin hate snakes! Glad to hear you made it out ok from this ordeal.

If I killed that many snakes around my house I'd have one of these strapped to my hip at all times...

Taurus-Judge-ST-1132.jpg

A golf club or a shovel has been my weapon of choice. I don't think my anti-gun neighbor would appreciate it if I holstered one of my sidearms around the neighborhood.

Glad to hear you are doing well. The blood thinner heparin shots are not fun at all. Had them 3 x's a day for 3 months.

Dayummmm . I had them 3 x Day for two weeks and was freaking out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A golf club or a shovel has been my weapon of choice. I don't think my anti-gun neighbor would appreciate it if I holstered one of my sidearms around the neighborhood.

After what you've been through, they'd have to deal with it.
From now on, I'd only carry with 1 hand and the other would be wrapped around the grip of that Judge.

Glad you're ok.

I'm always dumbfounded when golfers go searching for their balls in the woods or weeds without taking a golf club for protection. During one of my first golf rounds ever, my uncle told me, "don't go where the snakes are without something to kill them". I've seen snakes on the fairway and a copperhead on the cart path.

Anyone have a snake on a golf course story?

Be careful out there

holy crap dude. Glad you are OK. that is freaking crazy scary.

Glad you're OK.

That is one crazy story. I grew up in SoCal and I don't think I ever saw one.

Glad you're ok.

I'm always dumbfounded when golfers go searching for their balls in the woods or weeds without taking a golf club for protection. During one of my first golf rounds ever, my uncle told me, "don't go where the snakes are without something to kill them". I've seen snakes on the fairway and a copperhead on the cart path.

Anyone have a snake on a golf course story?

Be careful out there

I mentioned earlier about killing a 5' rattlesnake on the #2 tee box a few years back. It was sort of funny how it happened though... I had ran into a buddy of mine while at my home course and we both had our own carts. I had left the 1st hole before him and about the time I pulled up to the 2nd tee, I noticed the snake stretched across near the markers. When my buddy pulled up, I told him he could have the tee box and nodded that direction. He dang near jumped on top of his cart it startled him so bad.
A well placed pop to the skull by my driver was all it took to remedy the situation though.
It was also around the same year that I killed two big cottonmouths on the course in one day. It was fairly early on a Saturday morning and I had the course to myself and was clicking off the holes pretty quickly. On the 4th hole, I topped a hille and a huge cottonmouth was in the cart path. Once he finally got off the path, I worked him over with a club. Then two holes later, I encountered another one crossing the fairway and he met a fate similar to the first one.
A couple of holes later, another cottonmouth was crossing the fairway and managed to get away before I could get a club on him.
At that point, I decided to pack it up and head home.

Goes to show what I know. I figured no treatment inside of 30 minutes and you're dead. Glad you're going to be okay.

I mentioned earlier about killing a 5' rattlesnake on the #2 tee box a few years back. It was sort of funny how it happened though... I had ran into a buddy of mine while at my home course and we both had our own carts. I had left the 1st hole before him and about the time I pulled up to the 2nd tee, I noticed the snake stretched across near the markers. When my buddy pulled up, I told him he could have the tee box and nodded that direction. He dang near jumped on top of his cart it startled him so bad.
A well placed pop to the skull by my driver was all it took to remedy the situation though.
It was also around the same year that I killed two big cottonmouths on the course in one day. It was fairly early on a Saturday morning and I had the course to myself and was clicking off the holes pretty quickly. On the 4th hole, I topped a hille and a huge cottonmouth was in the cart path. Once he finally got off the path, I worked him over with a club. Then two holes later, I encountered another one crossing the fairway and he met a fate similar to the first one.
A couple of holes later, another cottonmouth was crossing the fairway and managed to get away before I could get a club on him.
At that point, I decided to pack it up and head home.

I assume they don't put that story in the membership brochure? :alien:

That's f-ing intense man, do you live in Redding? That's a lot of rattlers. I don't get that many of them where I'm at unless its colder than normal, they like to be up in the hills durring summer. One of my river spots can get them really bad, my friend's uncle spent a month in the icu in Portland from a bite there recently. Go figure it was a young snake.

Get well soon! That's scary.

Wow, sounds painful and quite an experience. Best wishes in a fast recovery.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Wow! So glad you're ok, that'd be some scary ****.

Glad you're ok, so many times people just aren't as lucky, wow.

Geez, crazy and terrible. Happy that you're ok!

Wow! I am glad you are ok.

I just got a call from one of my acquaintances and his wife was bitten last Sunday by a rattlesnake and she is still in the hospital. He knew I had been bitten back in 2014 so he wanted to know what to expect for her during her recovery. She's going to be ok but it's amazing how much damage those little bastards can inflict with one bite! I'm going to drop by the hospital tomorrow to answer any questions and hopefully aliveate any of her concerns.

One more reason to leave California when we retire. :act-up:

I just got a call from one of my acquaintances and his wife was bitten last Sunday by a rattlesnake and she is still in the hospital. He knew I had been bitten back in 2014 so he wanted to know what to expect for her during her recovery. She's going to be ok but it's amazing how much damage those little bastards can inflict with one bite! I'm going to drop by the hospital tomorrow to answer any questions and hopefully aliveate any of her concerns.

One more reason to leave California when we retire. :act-up:

Where I grew up in Eastern Montana has those little bastards everywhere. Kind of amazing I don't remember anyone getting bit growing up, actually. Most people that live anywhere out of town have a mason jar in their trucks filled with rattles from all of them they kill. :rednecks:

Back