Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

If you could swing a deal at Thunderhawk you may be my new best friend :D

I will definitely pop the question once I get my foot in the door

JRod can you give me a brief breakdown on the courses there? The website sucks. I know about dubsdread (#4) and it seems like #2 is the 2nd best. What's up with #1 and #3 and what are prices like?

1 and 3 are nothing like 2 and Dubsdread. They are a bit easier, but still pretty well kept. I played #3 over the weekend at $25 walking at twilight. They are $45 weekends to walk and $16 for a cart. The winter was pretty rough on the greens.

TimG, #4 had the most perfect greens I have ever seen. Not as fast as I expected, which was good. They have sub-air on all 18 greens.
Blackstone was def rolling faster than #4 at the end of last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Cap how was Dubsdread #3? I don't know how everyone else feels but Harborside International is a nice and challenging course, and I don't think its over 70 to play.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

There are some great courses in the area other than 1 & 3. Dubs and 2 are fun though.

From The HTC One Blue!

Geneva national is having cust. appreciation day June 24th, $69 unlimited. Mention when booking.

JRod can you give me a brief breakdown on the courses there? The website sucks. I know about dubsdread (#4) and it seems like #2 is the 2nd best. What's up with #1 and #3 and what are prices like?

Courses 1 and 3 are great for te average weekend golfer. There's a few challenging holes, but for the most part not much trouble is you stray from the fairway. Both have a rating in the high 60's if I'm not mistaken.

Across the street, 2 and 4 are the more challenging courses. #2 Ravines has hosted the US Amateur and is a nice mix of 1,3 and 4. The front side lets you get away with a lot. You can miss and in most cases still make GIR. Starting on hole 9 thing start getting a little hairy. The fairways get a little tighter as more trees come in to play an there are some elevation changes that can cause some problems.

#4 Dubsdread is the signature course an hosted the Western Open and BMW Championship for many years. The greens are fast and true, bunkers are filled with sugar an the rough can swallow your club. I play it once a year and I'm always in a little shock that I'm on the same course that Tiger am Phil have walked. I don't know I it's worth $150 though. I usually save up my points though out the season and pay about half of that.

All four courses are really nice this time I year.

So is anyone interested in playing Dubsdread? I'd love to get a foursome together.

So is anyone interested in playing Dubsdread? I'd love to get a foursome together.
yes! center it around the wilson event.

see what I did there

Well if I make the Wilson Event it's a no brainer. I'll go as a single if I have to.
Well we know hawk is in and I tossed my name in...perhaps tomorrow we know our fates

Hey Cap how was Dubsdread #3? I don't know how everyone else feels but Harborside International is a nice and challenging course, and I don't think its over 70 to play.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Course was fine. Greens were rough in places. Harborside is nice, but very pricey. It is usually $100 on the weekends.

Mikedean makes me lol.

yes! center it around the wilson event.

see what I did there

Sadly most of the Chicago people in this thread have plans that weekend or had no desire for the Wilson event.

Sadly most of the Chicago people in this thread have plans that weekend or had no desire for the Wilson event.
That parts a big bummer no doubt about it

My plans for that weekend have been left open for the Wilson event. Otherwise paying golf at Grand Geneva.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

The Wilson event sounds like a ton of fun and a great opportunity, if I didn't have a brand new driver in my bag I would jump at the opportunity. Just can't swing the cost, after going all in on a recent driver purchase. (Read justify to the boss.) ha.

The Wilson event sounds like a ton of fun and a great opportunity, if I didn't have a brand new driver in my bag I would jump at the opportunity. Just can't swing the cost, after going all in on a recent driver purchase. (Read justify to the boss.) ha.

The experience in the Wilson event is gonna be unreal. Don't know if this is frowned upon or not, but could you not compare your current driver and the one from the event afterwards. Then sell the one you like least? Would pay for the whole thing, and then some potentially.

I'm game if the dates and times work out for me...

I did some scouting last year and my impression was there were quite a few better courses for a better price than at Cog Hill.

I did some scouting last year and my impression was there were quite a few better courses for a better price than at Cog Hill.

Agreed

From The HTC One Blue!

I'm up for anything I just like playing courses that PGA tour events are held at.

Back