Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering UST Mamiya Elements Chrome for my 3 and 5 wood... A risky ponder, because I love my Code 8 shafts, and hit them well. But, I'm really hitting the Chrome well in my driver.

Pondering how amazing it's going to be to have a bag full of Bridgestone goodies in just about a month.

Been there

Spoiler Alert: Its AWESOME

It will definitely not suck.

Cannot wait to see 40 -- freaking 40 -- staff bags lined up.

It's gonna be an intimidating look. Someone's gonna walk by that not associated with the event and go WHOA WHAT IS ALL THIS and it's going to be awesome.

I've got a serious ponder going on for an adjustable driver. I've been getting along with my Cleveland Classic fairly well for the most part, but just want to try something new and with the Dick's sale, now seems like a great time.

My top choices are the Bio Cell and the X2hot drivers. As anyone had a chance to hit both of these and compare them?

I am by no means very knowledgeable (still pretty new to golf, just got back into it about 2 years ago) in this but i can tell you what i felt. I hit both the Bio cell and the X2Hot at dicks and i was getting more distance out of the X2Hot but i personally was not able to control it. The bio cell i was hitting straight, quite straight, yes i was 15-25 yards shorter but i kept my shots straight. I went with the bio cell driver and I love it. The bio cell to me was much more forgiving even when i hit an off center shot especially heeling ot toeing the ball, I was still rewarded with a better shot than expected. With the X2Hot mishits seemed to just go way right/left depending on where i made contact. Just my 2 cents

I am by no means very knowledgeable (still pretty new to golf, just got back into it about 2 years ago) in this but i can tell you what i felt. I hit both the Bio cell and the X2Hot at dicks and i was getting more distance out of the X2Hot but i personally was not able to control it. The bio cell i was hitting straight, quite straight, yes i was 15-25 yards shorter but i kept my shots straight. I went with the bio cell driver and I love it. The bio cell to me was much more forgiving even when i hit an off center shot especially heeling ot toeing the ball, I was still rewarded with a better shot than expected. With the X2Hot mishits seemed to just go way right/left depending on where i made contact. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the info!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my fitting that is going to occur in a couple of weeks. It's a full bag fitting, but because of my schedule, I'm going to have to split it into 2 days and probably going to have about a week in between the 2 sessions. I'm much more confident about my swing with my irons right now as opposed to my driver and fairway wood. One part of me thinks that I should do the long club fitting first because those are the clubs that I'm less confident with right now, but the other part of me thinks that I should do the iron fitting first because my swing is more dialed in right now with those clubs. I guess my fear is that I'll go in and try to hit driver and just make terrible swings and not get a lot of good data from it. Not sure a week in between would change that, but it's my fear right now....thoughts from the gallery?

I don't think it matters. Like you said, a week isn't going to change much. Maybe you can focus on mitigating misses in the fitting. Never a bad thing.

I think I need a new set of wedges. Sm5's probably?

Solid offering for sure... I need to become smarter about grinds first.

I think I need a new set of wedges. Sm5's probably?

After disliking the SM4's. Ive been amazed by the 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

After disliking the SM4's. Ive been amazed by the 5.

What wasn't there to like with the sm4s? They weren't special, but most blade wedges aren't that special.

I have been enjoying the sm5s a well

What wasn't there to like with the sm4s? They weren't special, but most blade wedges aren't that special.

I have been enjoying the sm5s a well

I just never got along with them. Tried them multiple times, but always found myself going back to old CG10's.

I just never got along with them. Tried them multiple times, but always found myself going back to old CG10's.

With the nonconforming grooves?! Cheater

-Internet golfer

With the nonconforming grooves?! Cheater

-Internet golfer

I live life on the edge.

I live life on the edge.

oq2qkUN.gif

Bettinardi BB54.. I miss mine!

Bettinardi BB54.. I miss mine!

Mine is not leaving my bag anytime soon. The headcover is showing a little wear though, wish I could find a replacement for it.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my fitting that is going to occur in a couple of weeks. It's a full bag fitting, but because of my schedule, I'm going to have to split it into 2 days and probably going to have about a week in between the 2 sessions. I'm much more confident about my swing with my irons right now as opposed to my driver and fairway wood. One part of me thinks that I should do the long club fitting first because those are the clubs that I'm less confident with right now, but the other part of me thinks that I should do the iron fitting first because my swing is more dialed in right now with those clubs. I guess my fear is that I'll go in and try to hit driver and just make terrible swings and not get a lot of good data from it. Not sure a week in between would change that, but it's my fear right now....thoughts from the gallery?

I agree with Hawk in that it may not matter a whole lot, but I would do the irons first as you are more comfortable with them and will probably walk away from the fitting feeling pretty good. I would hate to go into the fitting struggle with the driver and that sour the experience. Maybe I'm being too neurotic, but I would go with the irons first.

Mine is not leaving my bag anytime soon. The headcover is showing a little wear though, wish I could find a replacement for it.

I miss mine so much. There is one on c'list that I am trying to snag locally.

Pondering another cutdown on one of my Cleveland putter experiments. Not liking it at 36.5, counterbalance length just isn't working for me.

Cutdown to regular length is in order, as well as a regular length putting grip again. Worst case I pull the head and use it for something else.

What putter Brad?

Cleveland Belly. Bought it ages ago to mess around with, I find with it counterbalanced I pull everything left with it. The extra length tends to drive me crazy on it, keeps hitting my clothing or rain jacket when trying to putt.

I briefly pondered that, but lost interest sort of quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back