THP West Coast Event - Coming?

I have to say my peace in this one. First off I am excited at the prospects of a west coast event. I love it out west and would live out there if it were not for my wife.
Anyway I am a bit bothered by some of the response of if it is in a specific area I will 100% for sure be in however i cant commit to anything farther away. that is being said by some. We would all love to have an event right down the street from us however contrary to what seem to allude to in this thread many have traveled great distances to play in the east coast events (including many west coasters) these are not right down the street or a quick drive. Heck I feel like one of the lucky ones because of my central location but the drive times are still up there.

I am sorry to post this as it is not directed as everyone but I think this is the exact reason a west coast "feeler" is needed if you are only interested in an event in your immediate area how can you expect THP to travel across the country and try and fill 30-40 spots for an event?

Again sorry for this post as it is not directed towards everyone but seeing how hard the staff at THP works for US and to see them get certain responses really bothers me.

That said I can't wait to see a west coast event and I will do everything in my power to be there and help it succeed which I have no doubt once the kinks are ironed out will happen

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How'd I get left off your list, fupresti? I was signed up in the first 5 minutes! It's all good.
I just hope that a a little friction doesn't detract from what could potentially be an awesome event. My guess is that all or most of the west coasters that attended Vegas would be back and we have quite a few guys that have become dedicated members since then.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I got left off the Vegas list too.

Not West, but just on the border.

1~Absolutely
2~Sorry can't answer, had too much fun at this one too!

My answers to JB's questions are the same as Doug's. Not sure what my vacation plans are for 2015 but I always like to plan them around THP events if possible.

I got left off the Vegas list too.

I mean who could forget the Double Bogey on #1....in a scramble

But hey come Sunday we were leaders in the clubhouse....for a few minutes

Lightningbolt, I don't know why it's a problem to say you are more certain of being able to make it in certain locations. It lowers the time commitment and in most cases the cost, making it much easier to commit to if it's closer. Most aren't saying it's out of the question if it's further away, just that some additional planning would be necessary in such case.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Lightningbolt, I don't know why it's a problem to say you are more certain of being able to make it in certain locations. It lowers the time commitment and in most cases the cost, making it much easier to commit to if it's closer. Most aren't saying it's out of the question if it's further away, just that some additional planning would be necessary in such case.

I have said my peace you can take it how you want its just an opinion of mine.

Keep in mind this is not a commitment thread but an interest thread. By human nature (not all but most) the more you ask them to commit to something the more they will pull back so if they are on the fence in just an interest thread when they are asked to commit that time and money they may pull back.

I was only making my post because some of the comments directed towards why does the west need a feeler thread.

Again just an opinion don't want to hurt feelings the ultimate goal is to get another event out west in addition to the amazing event already out there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

THP west Coast event. Just tell me where and when. The where, I can work out. The when, I will work out.
I would love to attend another event out west. Really don't have particular location in mind, but, where ever it ends up will be fantastic. The only issue that I have about the west coast is the time change. I always get up way too early. But I still have a great time.

No worries mate, I just wanted to understand where you were coming from - hope my post didn't come off at all antagonistic. FWIW I 100% agree with the need for a feeler thread, with it being such a long trip for JB/GG and with it being an area with an "untested" THP market, so to speak.

THP west Coast event. Just tell me where and when. The where, I can work out. The when, I will work out.
I would love to attend another event out west. Really don't have particular location in mind, but, where ever it ends up will be fantastic. The only issue that I have about the west coast is the time change. I always get up way too early. But I still have a great time.

This would immediately jump to the top of my list next year if it happens.

This would immediately jump to the top of my list next year if it happens.

same here i really hope it happens

Phoenix is overplayed, try Tucson for a unique setting!

No one is getting a direct flight into Tucson. And even if they get there, they are still in Tucson.

So let me just say that I can now confirm that there will be a West Coast event in 2015.
It will not be an Invitational, but one of our grand events.
I cannot give location out as of yet, because frankly, I do not have one, but it is going to be a fun journey to plan.

No one is getting a direct flight into Tucson. And even if they get there, they are still in Tucson.

To quote Dana Marchz (from Hamlet 2)

"Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

So let me just say that I can now confirm that there will be a West Coast event in 2015.
I cannot give location out as of yet, because frankly, I do not have one, but it is going to be a fun journey to plan.

Always fun to see what the 2 of you come up with.

Get excited west coasters. Lets not screw this one up!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#BigFanOfPlanning

oh and HELLO grand event!

West Coast 2015 you say?? Sounds like an event to keep the calendar open for.

That is awesome to hear JB. Thank you so much for your support of us THP'ers, no matter where we're located. We shall do the same for you!

2015 it is. I am pretty sure the venue and the event will be grand indeed. Thanks, JB and THP.

Very cool. Don't know if I'll be able to attend, will wait and see, but pretty excited to find out what it is.

And yes, to answer the question, the planning has already begun.
#GetExcited

SWEET! That is exciting news! The West Coast shall rise!

And yes, to answer the question, the planning has already begun.
#GetExcited

Looking for plane tickets now!

I will plan to be there. #stoked

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back