Holy cow I shot a freaking 89!

rlew

Regulators, 2023 Budget Golf Championship #MountUp
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry for making this as an own thread, but my goodness is it unreal when things can come together!

I had only been able to play four rounds of golf over the past three summers. This was my third time out this year, first time playing a full 18. I'm not even sure I had ever legitimately broken 100 before and I somehow shot a legitimate 89 today at Chenoweth Golf Course in Akron, OH.

Had five pars, nearly pitched in a birdie from 30 yards and had a birdie putt lip out on 17. For me, that's just insane, as my normal score should have been around 100.

I had a 45 at the turn and tried to tell my buddy to not say what I had at the time, because I always screw things up when I think "Man I could put up a good round." For the first time ever I was able to just play it hole-by-hole and shot-by-shot instead of getting all excited.

Of course, I put up a snowman on 18 but still had a 44 on the back. Wasn't anything mental, nearly drove the green in 2 but had it go two feet too far and into a pond. Then a bad chip, yada yada yada. But still sank the putt needed to break 90.

The driver and putter were better than ever before. Irons were good, chips were OK. Never had so many aspects of the game come together like that.

I am absolutely freaking thrilled. I honest to goodness think part of the reason I've been able to flip a switch with my mental approach (I've been so much more positive this summer than in the past) is because of some of the incredible positivity shown to higher handicappers at this site. I really do think that played a big part in allowing me relax and then getting this score today.

Please excuse me while I do a couple of heel clicks. And sorry again for making a whole thread!

Congrats! Always nice when things click.

Well done! Click the heels and keep moving forward

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Congrats!!

Congrats buddy!

Heck yes! CONGRATS!!!

Congrats...you are right down the road from us...we have a nice sized group of thpers playing saturday at Fox den if you are interested

Awesome man, congrats!

Congrats man! It's always a great feeling when everything just sort of clicks out on the course!

Congrats man keep going and it will get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats dude! Keep it up!

Nice work remember what you did and repeat it next time out.

Congrats

Congratulations! I guess there's hope for all of us to have a breakthrough round.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Congratulations! That's fantastic!

Congrats!

Well done!

way to go bud!

Heck Yeah!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Congrats! It's always a great feeling breaking those milestone numbers.

Great job rlewis. Congratulations!

Congrats on breaking 90!

Great round, sometimes it all comes together. Hope you get to play more.

Back