Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
J40 4 wood with ProjectX 6.0. Found one on locally and will be demoing tomorrow. I just can't seem to get in tune with my RBZ 3 wood. I have a J33 7 wood with a stiff Aldila NV shaft that's my "safety-first" club and it's money from 215-230 so I hope the J40 feels as good. Anyone know the comparison of the NV vs PX6?

J40 4 wood with ProjectX 6.0. Found one on locally and will be demoing tomorrow. I just can't seem to get in tune with my RBZ 3 wood. I have a J33 7 wood with a stiff Aldila NV shaft that's my "safety-first" club and it's money from 215-230 so I hope the J40 feels as good. Anyone know the comparison of the NV vs PX6?
the j40 4w is great. sets up square and sounds great. I never got along with px shafts but with the right shaft I am sure ot can be your safety first club with more yards

Cobra Trusty Rusty, Cleveland 588's, TaylorMade Tour Preferred. Give them a go...?

I've tried literally a dozen wedge options since buying my vokeys nearly 5 years ago and just hit the things to well. Rather stick with what I know works.

I've tried literally a dozen wedge options since buying my vokeys nearly 5 years ago and just hit the things to well. Rather stick with what I know works.

Nothing wrong with that!

I hit Kang's 5 Deep on Tuesday, and even though it was a sky ball, I loved how it swung and it put it out there despite the user error.

5 Deep is firmly back in my sights.

I'd like to take some swings with a 5.0 or 5.5 PXi. Just out of curiosity.

If only I wasn't in a different country. 5.5's in my AP1's. Insanely good combo for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Boooo.

That would be fun.

Not the same as hitting them, but very similar to KBS Tours in the R+ flex for me.

Not the same as hitting them, but very similar to KBS Tours in the R+ flex for me.

So 5.0 probably would be the one I'd want to look at then. I liked the Tour R.

I hit Kang's 5 Deep on Tuesday, and even though it was a sky ball, I loved how it swung and it put it out there despite the user error.

5 Deep is firmly back in my sights.
3deep came in as well and I crushed both today. 3deep one off the tee and 5deep once off the tee

So 5.0 probably would be the one I'd want to look at then. I liked the Tour R.

Maybe. Though I had higher spin with the 5.5 over the R+ which was my main reason for picking them.

Yes I will ponder some Black DG wedge shafts. Need to get my hands on some soon :bulgy-eyes:

Bqg9cwGIIAAuR8v.jpg

Maybe. Though I had higher spin with the 5.5 over the R+ which was my main reason for picking them.

Well that's interesting. That's the one number I wouldn't mind seeing an increase in.

Well that's interesting. That's the one number I wouldn't mind seeing an increase in.

Going from the Tours to the PXi, spin was the one number that increased and everything else stayed pretty equal, which was perfect.

Going from the Tours to the PXi, spin was the one number that increased and everything else stayed pretty equal, which was perfect.

Good info dude. I'll have to see what this guy can get together for me.

Pondering Steelfiber shafts for my Apex Pros.

I need to get some Callaway into my bag. 4wood, hybrid, wedge, balls, putter..... anything. I can't believe I still don't have any.

I knew I liked the PXi's for a reason when I hit them. Sounds like I need to be pondering them hehe :angel:

Midsize grips for irons. Different shafts for my JPX 825 irons. KBS 90, PX 95 Flighted, or TT XP 95 ( any suggestions would be appreciated). I have had very good results with lighter iron shafts.

If you want light, high launch and mid-high spin, the 90's are blissful in that regard. The new XP95's are a lot of fun too though.

Callaway hybrids. I don't seem to hit my Mashies as much now with the altitudes.... but would I hit an X2Hot hybrid?

Pondering putting the J40's back in bag for Sunday tourney. No idea why when I have Altitudes currently.

Pondering putting the J40's back in bag for Sunday tourney. No idea why when I have Altitudes currently.

I've no idea why either, esp in a tourney. :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back