The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting to see some before and after Erik images last weekend at the SeeMore event made me smile. My how far you have come my friend.

Thanks man. It has taken some time and effort but it has made me a much more confident player overall knowing I have a good chance to get up and down when I need it.

At the nest? Sounds like the rain might be doing you a favour.. lol, come over and roll putts on this device, I'll order the pizza!

It's kind of freaking me out how inside I take it on the way back. I can see better roll already.
Putting Professor has shown up already?! That's awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks man. It has taken some time and effort but it has made me a much more confident player overall knowing I have a good chance to get up and down when I need it.

I know precisely what you mean, its that knowing that I may miss a green, but because of my putting I truly believe I can still get up and down.

I know precisely what you mean, its that knowing that I may miss a green, but because of my putting I truly believe I can still get up and down.

Putting and expecting to make it is much more fun than just hoping not to 3 jack. Now that I have a solid plan for practice, I enjoy spending the time on the practice green as well.

Putting and expecting to make it is much more fun than just hoping not to 3 jack. Now that I have a solid plan for practice, I enjoy spending the time on the practice green as well.

It really is, I know when I'm having an off day, my putting can still salvage it for me and let me grind it out...thats a big damn deal.

Spent about an hour and a half at the range tonight. We were surrounded by thunderstorms so I was forxed to hit out of a covered bay.

Since it was my first range session in a week and a half, I really wanted to focus on tempo and contact.

For my irons I liked both and was pretty consistent with the contact on all my irons.

Woods were a different story and wasn't pleased with them at all. Need some more work on them.

Last edited:
Thunderstorms :-| Good week to take a week off, but I'd hoped to hit the short game area or putting green at least.

Went for a run instead.

Thunderstorms :-| Good week to take a week off, but I'd hoped to hit the short game area or putting green at least.

Went for a run instead.

How'd the talons do?

It healed thank goodness lol.

How'd the talons do?

e78cc74a2b0516a19ae70d7330a9139b.jpg

Hip stretches, Hip release drills and Pump/hip release. Felt pretty good, just swung in yard, don't have the room to hit balls.

I'm a pretty big timing guy, hope this don't mess me up.

Limited to the Orange whip practice in the hotel room, works the muscles nice, but missing the course!

I did not have the motivation to go to the range today. I had made excuses up in my head. But then..............

I remembered my 7 teammates in the 2014 Morgan Cup and drug my butt there. 2 more hours in at the range tonight in the short game area. Really happy with where that part of my game is going.

Spent 2 hours at the range working on tempo with a new (to me) idea. Thanks Kang, it was really odd at first but I think this will help me maintain a little better. Was helping Tera work through her new Cobra bag (pink of course) and she was frustrated. She will do just fine with these clubs and she has a lesson tomorrow, so good timing.

Was hoping a pulled hammy in the left leg wouldn't affect the swing and was pleasantly surprised to find out it didn't! YES

Irons, Driver, 3W, hybrid, wedges...was just having a ball with this new single swing thought. Also found it easier to focus on one of the lesson topics one at a time when doing this before engaging said tempo minder. Anxious to get at it again and take it to the course.

Headed to the range today to work out a couple kinks I saw in a recent video. Turns out I was still rotating too far inside to the top and losing my spine angle as a result. Went through a pile of balls with my 8i focusing on keeping my angle while rotating more upwards rather than around. Really struggled for the most part but when I strung a few strong swings in a row, I knew I was barking up the right tree. After a hundred or so golf balls, I decided to play 9 to work it in. Something really clicked on the 8th hole, and it felt right. I played 4 more holes with a few different balls so I could lock the swing in. It's still a work in progress, but I think ill have my handicap moving in the right direction soon. It was one of those eureka moments for me. Can't wait to get back to the range to work on it some more.

These last few days of practice have been feeling really good. I feel like I am finally getting a lot of the tension out of my driver swing and staying looser. It feels good and I've been hitting well. Now just need to take it to the course.

Worked on getting set at the top of the swing and making sure my shoulders weren't open, based on Freddie's comments on my last vids. My shoulders felt really closed, but putting an alignment stick across them had them going towards the target. I also started feeling just a tiny pause at the top, which was also weird. Short irons were nice, 5i thru hybrid, not so much.

I put my backup driver in the bag, which is offset. Nearly everything hooked left. If I play this weekend, it'll be fairway or hybrid off tees on long holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been working putting quite a bit. But that's been about all for right now.

A mini THP hangover from the MSP event, work, and weather had kept me away from the course for over a week. Today I didn't let a little rain stop me.

I worked on some things my instructor pointed out last week and I was making some very good contact with 3/4 swings. I still have some work to do here but I was drawing the ball more than I expected and that is not my normal shot. Work in progress but I feel very good with where I am 35 days out.

Short game and putting was really solid. JB pointed out a couple of bad habits I had developed since I saw him in March and I made the changes and now everything is right with the world again. My putting work over the last year is well documented and I find myself more focused on reading the putt and not on the mechanics of it. That is a huge accomplishment for me.

Tomorrow will be a good test and prep for the Morgan Cup as I have a 2 man best ball tournament at a course I have not played in several years.

My short game has come SOOOOOOO far, it just makes me grin, and honestly I think a lot of that is me limiting myself as to what wedges I have in the bag. With testing the 56.11 I've made myself hit EVERY shot with it around the greens and 100 and in, today I put my 58 TT back in and it was phenomenal because I was playing it much more straight forward and could be a little more aggressive bc of the higher loft. I'm actually getting some check on shots, that is MASSIVE for me and a credit to putting work in to start catching golf balls first and clean. Love it.

A mini THP hangover from the MSP event, work, and weather had kept me away from the course for over a week. Today I didn't let a little rain stop me.

I worked on some things my instructor pointed out last week and I was making some very good contact with 3/4 swings. I still have some work to do here but I was drawing the ball more than I expected and that is not my normal shot. Work in progress but I feel very good with where I am 35 days out.

Short game and putting was really solid. JB pointed out a couple of bad habits I had developed since I saw him in March and I made the changes and now everything is right with the world again. My putting work over the last year is well documented and I find myself more focused on reading the putt and not on the mechanics of it. That is a huge accomplishment for me.

Tomorrow will be a good test and prep for the Morgan Cup as I have a 2 man best ball tournament at a course I have not played in several years.

Nice my brother, have a kick ass day tomorrow, play within yourself and kick some ass.

Also, tell my 5w I love her. :alien: hahahaha

Nice Danathan, I like the sounds of this.

Nice Danathan, I like the sounds of this.
I was hitting balls "skanky" as my instructor would say for over a month now... I knew something had to give, and an hour later proved that I'm really not that far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back