What are you reading?

Going through 15 invaluable laws of growth by john maxwell or the second time in one month. So much good stuff I had to reiterate it in my brain.

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

I read finished The Power of Habit recently and thought it was pretty good. I recommend it for all my self improvement book brethren out there.

I read a little of everything. Right now I'm finishing up the first of the Miss Fisher Mysteries. Then its on to Defending Jacob and Calico Joe for book club this month. I try to alternate between serious, non-fiction, fluff, and mystery.

Russell Simmons Success Through Stillness

For Whom the Bell Tolls at the pool today.

The millionaire next door. It's very interesting and surprising.

The millionaire next door. It's very interesting and surprising.

Excellent book, grab the Millionaire Mind when you get done!

Just finished reading David Baldaccis Hells Corner - good read if you like Spy / Government / Jason Bourne type stuff you'll enjoy it.

Just finished "Little League Confidential". Hilarious and pretty much spot on!!

Looking for a "new" author. I've read all the Lee Child, Robert Crais, Baldacci, Grisham, Harlan Coben, Vince Flynn, Robert Parker, James Lee Burke, etc... any suggestions within that genre?

I dont know if this is too late, but Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series is absolutely phenomenal. lots of action and lots of suspense. I would say that they are International thrillers, and they are absolutely amazing.

Looking for a "new" author. I've read all the Lee Child, Robert Crais, Baldacci, Grisham, Harlan Coben, Vince Flynn, Robert Parker, James Lee Burke, etc... any suggestions within that genre?

Check out Clive Cussler. Prolific author of action and intrigue.

The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's child to my 3 year old. My how my reading list has changed. LOL.

Just started "Unbroken" by Laura Hilenbrand. I have heard nothing but good things about this one.

America by Dinesh D'Souza.

Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Freedom by Jonathan Franzen

Last week I read Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko. He designed and was the first commander of SEAL Team 6. I read it about 15 years ago. It's worth a read if you're into military books.

Yesterday I started Outlaw Platoon by Sean Parnell. This is turning into a great read. I haven't seen this book posted on this forum. I saw it was endorsed by Marcus Luttrell and Chris Kyle. Great story of leadership and teamwork. I think I knocked out 270 pages yesterday.

The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter. Sort of hard syfy without the tech focus. Easy to read.

I dont know if this is too late, but Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series is absolutely phenomenal. lots of action and lots of suspense. I would say that they are International thrillers, and they are absolutely amazing.
John Sanford.

Just finished Dream Golf on the idea and construction of the Bandon courses. Great read.

Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefied by Jeremy Scahill

Topic is black ops, targeted assassinations in the post 9/11 world, and the people/policies that have created it. Interesting read. A little slanted in the political sense for my tastes, but it's a very compelling look at what has been going on for the last 13 years.

The Killing Zone, this is about the Grenadier Guards in Afghanistan. I have read a awful lot of military history ones and I find it interesting reading books from both sides of the Atlantic.

Outlaw Platoon was a good read as was Lone Survivor, I have Operation Red Wings lined up. Will also take a look at Dirty Wars.

'Flappers and Philosophers', F. Scott Fitzgerald

'Flappers and Philosophers', F. Scott Fitzgerald

Nice. If you like it, get a hold of his complete collection of short stories. They are all awesome.

Back