What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club today with my regular group and we were also joined by THPer DGVillere
I shot a 75 and DGVillere posted a nice round of 80. We all played the front 9 twice as there was a tournament there today and it was a little slow going the first 9 and we all decided that we should just replay the front again instead of waiting on every shot on the back 9 as well.
I had a 36 Front with 2 Birdies (holes 1 and 2), 2 Bogies, and 5 Pars
and 39 Back with 1 Birdie (hole #1), 4 bogies, and 4 pars
If any of you get a chance to play with DGVillere you will find out that he IS LONG as I watched him repeatedly hitting irons distances that I myself am not familiar with, ie: we were playing #7, a par 5 and both of us hit pretty good drives, I had 197 and hit a 2 hybrid (to the back of the green) and DGVillere had 190 and hit a 6 iron pin high just off the right edge of the green (yes he birdied the hole and I 3 Jacked it from 50' for my par)
A great day was had by all and as you all know - Playing with other THPers makes it just that much better!

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

Another 80 for me. I can not put 2 nines together. I went 43/37 again today. A ton of positives from today's round though so there is that. Putting is really coming around but it seems like I need 9 holes to figure out my game for the day.

Another 80 for me. I can not put 2 nines together. I went 43/37 again today. A ton of positives from today's round though so there is that. Putting is really coming around but it seems like I need 9 holes to figure out my game for the day.

I feel your pain, dude. You find it.

Played the Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club today with my regular group and we were also joined by THPer DGVillere
I shot a 75 and DGVillere posted a nice round of 80. We all played the front 9 twice as there was a tournament there today and it was a little slow going the first 9 and we all decided that we should just replay the front again instead of waiting on every shot on the back 9 as well.
I had a 36 Front with 2 Birdies (holes 1 and 2), 2 Bogies, and 5 Pars
and 39 Back with 1 Birdie (hole #1), 4 bogies, and 4 pars
If any of you get a chance to play with DGVillere you will find out that he IS LONG as I watched him repeatedly hitting irons distances that I myself am not familiar with, ie: we were playing #7, a par 5 and both of us hit pretty good drives, I had 197 and hit a 2 hybrid (to the back of the green) and DGVillere had 190 and hit a 6 iron pin high just off the right edge of the green (yes he birdied the hole and I 3 Jacked it from 50' for my par)
A great day was had by all and as you all know - Playing with other THPers makes it just that much better!

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

today was my first round in 10 days after having been in New Orleans taking care of my father who is very ill. That birdie that Johnny mentioned was my only one of the day. I shot 40/40, made 4 bogeys on the front and had a 3 putt par on the par 4 6th where I drove the ball within 3 feet of the front of the green, back nine I struggled making 2 doubles. Johnny and his crew are great guys to tee it up with. Have a great time playing with them on Fridays

81...for the second day in a row I disgraced myself on the back 9

Was playing a match play round...Had a three hole lead going into the 12th...lost it on 18.

Having said that the guy who beat me is a 6 HCP and I was really proud of myself for the most part.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Shot a 2 over par 38 today in league play. 7 pars and 2 bogeys. Pretty boring round.

boring is good :)

Boring is great. I'll gladly take the even to +1 or +2 rounds while paring the course to death all day lol.

Played well and shot an even par 71 today but stuffed up yet another chance to shoot under par for first time
russian.gif
Was 2 under through 8 holes and made 2 dumb bogeys on 9 & 10 with wedge in hand both times which was frustrating and then on last 4 holes I had 4 birdie putts lip out from 8-15 feet as well !

Went out after work with my boss to do my annual review (I know, great boss!), and ended up shooting a 50, but had no idea it was that high until adding it up because it felt like a good round. After my last frustrating round, I've been focusing on doing what my teacher told me to do (and Freddie before him) because I'd gotten lazy and reverted back to bad habits. I've played a fade for as long as I can remember, but off the first tee when I played the ball down the left expecting it to fade back to center, it didn't move, just went dead straight into the left rough. Experienced that a few more times because I wasn't sure if the straight ball was a fluke or the new normal; seems like it's the new normal.

Another beneficial result of working on the new swing is some added distance. I've been working on laying up to a distance instead of always going as far as I can and then dealing with half swings, so when I got to a 400 yd par 4, I thought pulling my driver which has consistently carried 250ish all year would be a safe bet to leave me a little over 100 yards out. Put a really good swing on the ball and just saw it fly, got up to the ball and ranged 67 to the pin instead of the 110-115 I was expecting. A few holes later, had a 350 yard par 4, so I didn't want to take driver for fear of getting in my dead zone, and pulled my 2h instead, which usually carries 200. Put another good swing on it and left myself 78 yds to the hole.

Putting myself in those weird yardages didn't help my game as that's still in my weak zone, and I also blew up something crazy on the 2 par 3s, shooting a combined 8 over for both of them, but there were a lot of good things that came out of this round, and for the first time in awhile, I was having a lot of fun and getting out of my own head.

Ended up playing a 4 ball better ball so don't have a score but wouldn't have been great. Partner was on fire, shooting a net 62 with a lot left out there but I did get a couple of pars and a birdie. Back 9 would have been decent. Stupidly took me 10 holes to get going as I lost my tempo despite working on it a lot!

I shot a 5 over 38 this morning. 5 bogeys and 4 pars. Today I took one less club than I would have lately and made sure I was accelerating through the ball and had good results. The swing is there, I just have to keep trusting it. I used a Wilson FG Tour ball today and I was really pleased with it. Great distance and good control.

Shot a 77 this morning. 37-40. Kind of a "meh" round.

Ball striking was okay, but nothing really special. Wedge play was average. Driver was good, but 3W was off. I topped two 3Ws, which was just odd. (Both led to doubles.)

putting was okay. I made a lot of nice par saving putts, but I also burned way too many edges on birdie chances. Game just seemed a little off. I ended up hitting a few more balls after the round, and I think I straightened out the 3W issues.

Shot a 77 this morning. 37-40. Kind of a "meh" round.

Ball striking was okay, but nothing really special. Wedge play was average. Driver was good, but 3W was off. I topped two 3Ws, which was just odd. (Both led to doubles.)

putting was okay. I made a lot of nice par saving putts, but I also burned way too many edges on birdie chances. Game just seemed a little off. I ended up hitting a few more balls after the round, and I think I straightened out the 3W issues.

A 77 with multiple doubles and topped shots is more than meh haha. That turns into 73 real quick

42/46-88. Horrific iron play really detracted from a superb driving, chipping and putting day. With even a normal iron day I would easily have been in the 70s. Too much good stuff happened today to be frustrated though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice scoring.

Thanks buddy. Little frustrating because 2 of the pars had birdie lip outs so it could have been an even par round, but I'll take it!

42/38 +6 80. Had 2 birdies today. Hit 6 GIR. Scoring irons and wedges continue to be awesome. Driver was better today. Hit all FIR but 3. Had 29 putts. Had one blow up hole where I took a triple but managed the course well all day. Was pretty happy overall. Course I have only played once before and not this year. Played blue tees from 6334 71/127.

35/35 70 in a 2 man scramble. Neither of us were great off the tee but short games were on.

I haven't posted in this thread in a long time. Reason being most folks look at shooting in the low 80's as a not so good or just a so so round of golf. For me it's pretty special to shoot in the low 80's. Anyways I broke 80 for the first time this year with what you guys call a so/so 42 front nine but closed with a 35 on the back for a 77. It'll probably be another six months before I get to post in here again. :D My low normal low rounds are not so cool for average THP'ers.

I haven't posted in this thread in a long time. Reason being most folks look at shooting in the low 80's as a not so good or just a so so round of golf. For me it's pretty special to shoot in the low 80's. Anyways I broke 80 for the first time this year with what you guys call a so/so 42 front nine but closed with a 35 on the back for a 77. It'll probably be another six months before I get to post in here again. :D My low normal low rounds are not so cool for average THP'ers.
Awesome round Bill.

(Low 80s is NOTHING to sneeze at either IMO)

Thats a great round for me! Definitely nothing to sneeze at, be very proud especially of that back nine.

I shot a 51/49 with 30 putts only two 3 jacks one birdie and 5 pars. Had 3 really bad holes though. Overall 5 FIRs hit and 4 GIRs.

Game is definitely improving, despite the high score today.

Shot a 41/37-78 today. Started off +5 after 4 then found a good groove as the round went on. Hit only 2 greens and 2 fairways on the front but came back in hitting 7/7 FIR and 6/9 GIR. Lipped out 4-5 putts that really could have dropped me low. Proud of my turn around and the swing change is really settling in. I was really accurate with my approaches on the back and that will hopefully continue on. Feeling my confidence come back finally.

76 today with a dumb bogie bogie finish. Heat got to me for the first time this year. But had a great day with Jstew and my buddy Butch at Reunion

76 today with a dumb bogie bogie finish. Heat got to me for the first time this year. But had a great day with Jstew and my buddy Butch at Reunion

It was hot, if the cart girl had not come along on 14 with a Gatorade I would have struggled to finish. Great fun with you & Butch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back