TaylorMade SLDR S Metalwoods Preview

Just wait til you hit the Mini. It will change your mind.

Doubt it to be honest, I've tried the mini-drivers before, I'm of the mind that I might as well just take an extra driver and cut it down to 42-43" and get it back to proper singweight, but, thats just me.

Thanks you all for the info, i like the idea of the mini and i know some courses it would be great for, but i would need to take it outside see if i could hit it off the ground, i rather just have a three wood,

Thanks you all for the info, i like the idea of the mini and i know some courses it would be great for, but i would need to take it outside see if i could hit it off the ground, i rather just have a three wood,

If you need versatility in that spot in your bag, as in, being able to hit it both from the tee and off the deck, then the Mini isnt the easiest choice to go with...

However, for off the tee, its a little beast!

Just wait til you hit the Mini. It will change your mind.

Vegan702 has one I am going to hit next week. While he hated the driver. He will not shut up about the mini

I'm pretty excited to get my hands on the SLDR S driver with the AD DI 7 shaft. I think it's a dream combo, and there will be some bombs.

I'm pretty excited to get my hands on the SLDR S driver with the AD DI 7 shaft. I think it's a dream combo, and there will be some bombs.

Seems like a familiar combo. I'm looking forward to all 14 of my clubs, but the driver and fairway woods I'm really looking forward to receiving.

Do the SLDR S woods have the same headcover as the regular SLDR?

Just a few short weeks till I get my hands on these clubs, I can't wait!

After a less than stellar ball striking day, I'm in thinking the 5 hybrid and maybe even the 6 hybrid might have been a wise choice.

After a less than stellar ball striking day, I'm in thinking the 5 hybrid and maybe even the 6 hybrid might have been a wise choice.

I dumped my 4 iron a few weeks ago. I was close to doing that for the mc.

Anyone tried the SLDR S in 14 or 16 degree? If so, how was it?

I dumped my 4 iron a few weeks ago. I was close to doing that for the mc.
I went back and forth on the 5 hybrid. I may end up adding them down the road.

Anyone tried the SLDR S in 14 or 16 degree? If so, how was it?

I will let you know in few weeks. Gaming the SLDR S 14* in the Morgan Cup!

I went back and forth on the 5 hybrid. I may end up adding them down the road.

5h is perhaps the club I am most excited about gaming outside of the Mini Driver.

5h is perhaps the club I am most excited about gaming outside of the Mini Driver.
Based on how you used to hit the MT I think you will like this one a lot

Based on how you used to hit the MT I think you will like this one a lot

I hope so. Have never gamed a high lofted hybrid like this, but i am quite looking forward to what it will offer me.

I played a couple rounds with a x2 hot fairway, sldr s, and jetspeed all three are good, but i still like my trusty 9032ti we been together for a long time, next up is the big bertha fairway,

my buddy bought the jetspeed it feels good and good weight to it, sldr s feels good looks good to me a little lighter than x2 and jetspeed, x2 fairway feels like the hybrid awesome face but the weight just didnt feel right, just my opinion all kinds of good options out there for everyone,

if i bought one it would be the sldr s

Just received the SLDR S 3h and hit it very well for the first time at the range yesterday. Very good length (10-15 yards longer than my R9 3h Rescue) and very forgiving with hits off the toe (my typical miss). It has a very nice feel on impact - somewhat muted sound compared to my R9 but a very solid feel on impact. I was very fortunate to purchase from a very good seller on eBay for $100 auction, plus $10 shipping! Very happy with the change from the R9. May consider the 4h.

No bones about it, if there are going to be 2 clubs that I will struggle with in the MC it will be the SLDR S driver and hybrid. Sometimes playing my home course with the driver, I get my confidence down because on many holes, a slight miss with the driver can leave you in an awful position. I'm hoping the more room down at True Blue will help get some quick confidence in the tee game with it. Otherwise, I expect to hit the Mini driver quite a bit, as the SLDRs 3 wood as been really good for me off the tee.

The hybrid for me is an enigma. I don't hit it nearly as well as the x2 Hot(both 19 degrees). For the MC I went with more loft at 22, and a heavier shaft. We shall see. Last year the hybrid was a big club for me down there, and I think I will need this to be the same. Hopefully the time on the range with it next Friday something will click and all will be good for the next 3 rounds of golf.

Back