Cleveland Classic Collection HB Putters

I personally havent been impressed at all with the newer Never Compromise offerings. Both the Sub 30 and the Gambler Ive tried and wasnt impressed with any of them. I really wanted to like them but they were very, "meh" for me. Especially the Gambler. For a forged putter it definitely didnt have the feel that I expected. Where the Classic is a cast putter that almost feels forged, to me the Gambler was a forged putter that almost felt like a $50 no-name cast putter.

Honestly, I think Cleveland can do away with the NC name and transition everything to the "Cleveland Classic Line". Keep the insert putter but do away with the NC milled line. The current HB putters, IMO, are that much better "feel" wise than the NC milled stuff. But again "feel" is subjective.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, I think Cleveland can do away with the NC name and transition everything to the "Cleveland Classic Line". Keep the insert putter but do away with the NC milled line. The current HB putters, IMO, are that much better "feel" wise than the NC milled stuff. But again "feel" is subjective.

I think that subjectivity is definitely person to person because I personally am not getting that perspective at all. Not unlike other companies, Cleveland has a clear separation between their lines and quality, and I'm glad for it.

While the classics have come a long way and are a great putter at that price, they cannot compete with the NC offerings. Just my opinion though.

I think that subjectivity is definitely person to person because I personally am not getting that perspective at all. Not unlike other companies, Cleveland has a clear separation between their lines and quality, and I'm glad for it.

While the classics have come a long way and are a great putter at that price, they cannot compete with the NC offerings. Just my opinion though.

Exactly. Valid point. Though, I was thinking from a marketing prespective where keeping all Putters under the "Cleveland" name just as different series. Sort of like what Odyssey does. They have clear seperation between thier lines but all are under the "Odyssey" brand. I feel that the HB offering this year is and should be considered a premium putter despite its price tag.

Exactly. Valid point. Though, I was thinking from a marketing prespective where keeping all Putters under the "Cleveland" name just as different series. Sort of like what Odyssey does. They have clear seperation between thier lines but all are under the "Odyssey" brand. I feel that the HB offering this year is and should be considered a premium putter despite its price tag.

But in that logic, odyssey is actually callaway, just as never compromise is clelevand..

But in that logic, odyssey is actually callaway, just as never compromise is clelevand..

I think he is saying that Cleveland has 2 brands of putters while Callaway just has 1.

One thing people forget is that Cleveland does not own Never Compromise. It is SRI that owns both Cleveland and Never Compromise as well as Srixon. The markets they build through their brands are often different here than they are globally and because of that we as consumers here view things slightly different.

the HB10 looks pretty groovy

Haven't got any of these in to a shop around me yet. Where's the love? I'd love to roll one.

The whole forged/cast part there made me laugh. Pretty sums up that debate for me.

The #7 here is a very nice putter for the price.
Just goes to show you that forged doesnt always mean soft. (and Im just going to leave it at that, not looking for another round of, "forged vs cast") Just as some forged irons dont feel all that soft either. Its all has to do with what temp you do the forging at.

Amen to that. They could kill NC and it wouldnt break my heart. I really wanted to like the Sub 30 and Gambler lines because they are very pretty putters but I didnt find the performance to be any better than the Classic.

Man, I guess I'd disagree with that. I have a CC putter and it's quite nice, but the craftsmanship isn't anything like the NC Dinero I have. Is it worth and extra $200? Who knows. People spend stupid money on all kinds of things in this sport. The finish work doesn't really compare at all if you ask me.

Debating feel is pointless, but I think they are both fine. I've said before that CC putters have a unique softness for the price. The NC Dinero sort of lies between soft and firm. I'm not a 'soft' ho, so I guess both work for me.

As for performance, they are both putters. If it fits and you give it a good stroke, the ball will go where you're aiming with either.

Every time I pick up a CC putter I am amazed by the craftsmanship at the price. They seem maximize the product for the price.

Every time I pick up a CC putter I am amazed by the craftsmanship at the price. They seem maximize the product for the price.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all. I'm a big fan of the CC line. I just think they are pretty different from the NC putters, regardless of the similarity in shapes.

Man, I guess I'd disagree with that. I have a CC putter and it's quite nice, but the craftsmanship isn't anything like the NC Dinero I have. Is it worth and extra $200? Who knows. People spend stupid money on all kinds of things in this sport. The finish work doesn't really compare at all if you ask me.

Have you rolled the new HB putter up against the NC line?

Tapping away on my S3

No I haven't. Basing opinions on the previous lines. Aside from aesthetics Ive not seen any info saying they are much different. New styles and deeper milling from what ive read.

I will agree with Hawk here. I have rolled the CC server all times and had a chance to roll the NC putters at the PGA SS.

The CC putters are softer. I actually liked the slightly firmer feeling but agree as well that if you aim them and make a good stroke they should both go straight.

CCs are a great value but the customization in the NCs are pretty sweet.

I cant disagree with that! The CC has always been an amazing putter for the money. Even for twice as much it would still be a great putter for the money and the fact that they sell them for under $100 is amazing. Until recently you could have nitpicked about the grip and the headcover but really those are small things that are fairly immaterial.

I cant disagree with that! The CC has always been an amazing putter for the money. Even for twice as much it would still be a great putter for the money and the fact that they sell them for under $100 is amazing. Until recently you could have nitpicked about the grip and the headcover but really those are small things that are fairly immaterial.

True story. The only things that you can really complain about with them are both replaceable.

Messed around with the Classic 1 at GG the other day. Was really impressed with the feel of it for only $90. Anyone got this in their bag?

Messed around with the Classic 1 at GG the other day. Was really impressed with the feel of it for only $90. Anyone got this in their bag?

Yup. Gamed this for some time. Solid feeling putter. If you go back a few posts you can see my thoughts. Great bang for buck!

Tapping away on my S3

Last edited:
Yup. Gamed this for some time. Solid feeling putter. If you go back a few poata you can see my thoughts. Great bang for buck!

Tapping away on my S3

Awesome. Went back and read that. Nice review. Really wanting a SeeMore, but hard to pass up this deal.

I really need to give the 10 a roll. I am wanting to get away from my TM770 Ghost. I want a divorce from the white head.

I really need to give the 10 a roll. I am wanting to get away from my TM770 Ghost. I want a divorce from the white head.
Finally pulled the trigger on the 10 myself .. got a great deal on a new one. Love the intermediate size of the head. Not as bulky as my Cleveland VP5 and not as small
as my Ping Anser 2. Just a NICE in between size that is so solid and comfortable. The milled face is a delight on any length putt .. love it!
The double alignment aid also helps in my confidence .. for some reason? :p All in all, I'm very pleased with this new toy .. they didn't "skimp" on the grip either!

Last edited:
Giving this a bump as this line is in play for the Cleveland/Srixon Staffers MC options.

Classic is the key word here--it seems every style is well represented through this and the Black pearl line.

I'll be going with this one + a Winn X Pro 1.6 for the Morgan Cup.

ScreenShot013-M.jpg

I'll be going with this one + a Winn X Pro 1.6 for the Morgan Cup.

ScreenShot013-M.jpg

I know that's a familiar shape to you. Tycoon style

Back